Personal Independence Payment

Teddy1960

Oct 24, 2018
Hi all would welcome your feedback on my current situation applying for PIP.

We did the telephone claim and then patiently waited for the dreaded form to arrive.

Filled in the form and sent it back with relevant paperwork recorded delivery.

Two weeks later had a letter to say if we didn't return our form our claim would be cancelled.

I spoke to a lady at the DWP and she apologised and said they would have to look into it as they could see the form had been delivered and signed for (they checked Royal Mail themselves)

Now another two weeks later we receive another letter saying our claim had been cancelled because we didn't return form

I guess that's another call to make on Monday.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You could scan the two letters saying they have not received the claim and email them with a screen grab of the Royal Mail confirmation of receipt to dwponline.helpdesk@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Also give details of the phone conversation preferably including date/time and the name of the person you spoke to.

Keep the email concise and factual and request they process your claim ASAP.

Also ring them on Monday.

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
When you call back ask to speak to a manager. If you are still being fobbed off - call into your local Citizens Advice - they may be able to add some pressure. I think DWP must have a black hole that swallows letters. The amount they lose is unbelievable (I work for Citizens Advice)

Dosey

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Teddy sorry you have been refused. Is your PWD under 65, if so you should get PIP. You need to describe your worse day scenario. Go to CAB they can fill this in for you. I done my OH myself but I work in Social Work so knew all the gorgon to put. Hopefully you can appeal
Rose x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Put in an appeal and get CAB to help you.
A huge number of PIP claims are refused first time, but are given on appeal.
Dont give up.

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
I second appealing and getting CAB or local Age Concern to help fill in the forms.
I also believe that if your appeal is successful it willl be backdated to original date, when the initial form was requested.

Teddy1960

Oct 24, 2018
Thanks so much everyone for your comments. I do think some of these people are not trained in Dementia

Teddy1960

Oct 24, 2018
I have sent in the reconsideration firm as adviser by CAB and managed to obtain written letters of support from our Dementia Companion, Memory Clinic and my Admiral Nurse, Hope I get somewhere. Will ring them next week