Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
It was much cooler here today. We had coffee with son on the quay this morning then went our separate ways - son met up with a friend, OH and I went to visit a friend in Salisbury hospital. Son has gone back to London now, we won't see him again until he gets back from his holiday in Vancouver lucky lad!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
So I too am writing down for my children what I remember being told or memories from my childhood...teenage...to getting married etc and encouraging OH to do the same..

I already have two shrubs, which I took cuttings off last year. I’ve taken a couple for J, but need to see what I want to bring with me when I leave. I’m waiting to see if dad’s Iris's come up, so I can take them. They were the last things my dad planted here & I'm desperate for them to appear. This is the first year they have not been evident by this time. I’m hoping they appear soon :(

I now have images of shrubs tied up with tights :D

My mum refused to talk about her family. I’ve since found out the stories behind this & it’s a tragic case of misunderstanding resulting in both her & her mum being very hurt, which wouId have been avoided if they had just talked honestly. So sad

My paternal grandmother apparently arranged for someone to research her tree, which her father was furious about (probably because of the extortionate cost that he had to cover). Although the research was done, it’s been lost :(

So I started my research with very little info & a lot of hostility from my parents. It took a year before they opened a bit, it probably took a further 5 or 6 years before they wouId talk more. It’s been a slow journey @love.dad.but..

I’m starting to put the stories of my parents down, so my children & grandchildren can know more about their history, but with some flesh on the skeleton

I have unearthed a bit of history on mums side. It’s made me laugh & mum wouId have been so shocked. Mum was proud of being from the south. She was so shocked when I started dating a guy from the north, she went to mass every week, when she missed one week & I asked her about it, she said “it wasn’t doing any good” :rolleyes:

It turns out her ancestors were originally from the north, but moved south due to persecution regarding religion. So my mum being so upset at me dating a guy from the north is kind of funny now :eek:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Sam - hope you are ok, you've not posted for a while (I know I am guilty of not posting on so bizarre as well)

I was thinking the same thing.

I broke my specs on Monday morning, so I am wearing an old pair. However, the prescription isn't correct now, so I am struggling with reading etc. So I'm not spending much time on the comp at the moment. New pair ordered (that's £370 I wasn't expecting to spend!) but will take another week or so to arrive :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @jugglingmum & @Slugsta

I’m ok, just going through a bit of a personal crisis of confidence. I can’t seem to get past opening the page ... I don’t feel like I have anything to offer, nothing new to say & I can’t see the point in talking, as I’ve nothing to say :confused:

I’m sure I’ll get over it, get out of limbo, get my motivation back, but no one needs me bringing them down. Caring is hard enough without someone moaning when they have so little to moan about. Does that even make sense? I’m not sure :rolleyes:

HMRC have decided to bug me, after telling me in September that I didn’t need to do any more paperwork for mum. Somehow, it’s floored me. Ridiculous as I fight them for other people, but I just can’t fight them for me :(

I appreciate your concern more than you can know. o_O

I’m sure I’ll be back, when the sun is shining & I find a different purpose ... or just get over my pathetic self pity

Take care of yourselves .... I’ll be back :p

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @Sam Luvit - I'm not on here very much at the moment, I'm 'plate spinning' with too much stuff to get done in too little time, however I quickly read anything on your thread.
Sorry to hear you're feeling low and sending an armful of hugs, to let you know I'm thinking of you.
X

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam you gave up your life so that you could care for your mum. It is natural to feel 'rootless' now that you have time to think. What you are going through is called 'grief' not 'self pity'! (((hugs)))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m watching Channel 4 - The Restaurant That Makes Mistakes

It’s been a “dementia” day ... the photo I took of mum, just after her new hair cut, a mere 7 weeks before she died, came up on my FB feed ... I didn’t know how to feel, or what to say

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @2jays :)

It’s the weather ... too much rain :rolleyes: That & receiving a letter asking me to get mum to complete a form, despite sending them her death certificate... I was a tiny bit sarcastic in my reply :eek:

Can you plan a holiday, maybe a change of scenery & a little sunshine will lift your spirits ;)