We are looking for feedback on the forum 'Caring for a person with dementia and cancer'

molliep

Researcher
Aug 16, 2018
Leeds
We would really like to hear your feedback on the forum ‘Caring for a person with dementia and cancer'.

This forum is currently being trialled on Talking Point. We are looking to find out more about your experience of this forum, including the elements you find helpful, and the elements you find less helpful, in order to better support carers of people with dementia and cancer. Your feedback may help to improve this space.

Let us know what you think about the forum (and its activities) and any suggestions for improvement by completing the survey here.

You must be aged 16+ to complete this survey.

molliep

Researcher
Aug 16, 2018
Leeds
Just bumping this thread!

We would still really like to hear your feedback on the sub-forum 'Caring for a person with dementia and cancer'. Please let us know what you think about the forum and its activities here.

You don't need to be a carer or family member of a person with both dementia and cancer to complete the survey, as long as you have viewed the sub-forum at least once. Also, if you have already completed the survey but have new feedback, you may complete the survey again.

You can find the forum here. It is a sub-forum within the forum 'I care for a person with dementia'.

Best wishes,
Mollie

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
I am very pleased to have found the thred as Duggies Girl has helped me with similar situation
- but I don’t get any notice on new comments !? Maybe there are none - but I went into the search button to refind this thread !
I live in a small country town and getting appropriate advice is difficult- it takes 3 months to see a geriatrician!! So we have only seen one twice in 20 months - no one to talk to. MJ

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I am very pleased to have found the thred as Duggies Girl has helped me with similar situation
- but I don’t get any notice on new comments !? Maybe there are none - but I went into the search button to refind this thread !

You're interaction with @Duggies-girl was on a different thread.
The OP has started several interlocking threads.
To get flag alerts on all of them (assuming system is working) you would have to watch each individual thread.

@molliep you could ask admin to tag all your threads meaning that having found one a member could click on the tag mark to find the others.
Alternatively they could click on the tag in the >>>tag cloud<<<

I agree that all threads are located in https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forums/caring-for-a-person-with-dementia-and-cancer.81/
Using a suitable tag would filter out those related to your research project.

Last edited:

molliep

Researcher
Aug 16, 2018
Leeds
I live in a small country town and getting appropriate advice is difficult- it takes 3 months to see a geriatrician!! So we have only seen one twice in 20 months - no one to talk to. MJ

Hi @Mudgee Joy,

I'm glad the dementia and cancer sub-forum has been helpful for you. :) It is located within the forum 'I care for a person with dementia'. When you open this forum you can find the link to the dementia and cancer sub-forum at the top.

It may be that there haven't been any new discussions since you last checked, but to make sure you are notified when there are any new posts you can 'watch' the sub-forum by clicking >here<. Please also feel free to start your own threads and ask questions in the sub-forum as I know there are several Talking Point users caring for a loved one with both dementia and cancer who have engaged with the sub-forum, so it might be a good way to connect with others experiencing similar for support and advice. You may also find some of the older threads in the sub-forum useful to read through.

The dementia and cancer sub-forum is currently being trialled on Talking Point so we are keen to hear whether you find it useful and any suggestions for how it could be improved. You can provide your feedback via this >online survey<.

Hope this helps!

Mollie :)