Waiting

Ostrich63

Jul 9, 2018
My Mom is a smashing person, always has been always will. We had a rough few days Mom has it seems delusions they have been manageable and not worrying overly as she was able to recognise what we were saying and accept our answers. However yesterday afternoon she was really anxious with things falling people everywhere and furniture out of place (obviously none of this was real) W e ended up with a badger unit GP last night (cracking chap) and a prescription for Lorazepam the tablet took over 2 hours to take any effect actually slept from 9pm ish last night. However she slept through the night woke woozy but still called me by name I helped her to commode and then back to bed and asleep as I type.

We want a quick peaceful end.

She has no pain and the DN said same as locum doctor last night if that does not work to help her rest will start injections.

We realise we are nearing the end no food for a fortnight now apart from 3 table spoons soup week ago Sunday and top soft bit (if you know them) of a Mr Kipling French fancie chewed but not swallowed week ago yesterday. Small sips and artificial saliva used as well as sponge for lips. She seems comfortable.

Take care all.

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I hope you get your wish and the end is quick and peaceful. It’s all one can wish for at this stage.

Thinking of you all and sending strength to get through this difficult time.

Ostrich63

Jul 9, 2018
Thanks all . The one thing I do know is no one knows anything. Not meant in a nasty way, just nature takes it course.

Ostrich63

Jul 9, 2018
Mom passed away in her sleep on Saturday evening at home in her own bed, and is now at peace and with my Dad. Reunited. I actually felt relief that she was at peace we have done everything we could and therefore I am at peace. To those on the journey say we have as a family met nothing but help support and assistance there are lovely people out there.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Mom passed away in her sleep on Saturday evening at home in her own bed, and is now at peace and with my Dad. Reunited. I actually felt relief that she was at peace we have done everything we could and therefore I am at peace. To those on the journey say we have as a family met nothing but help support and assistance there are lovely people out there.

Condolences to you and your family. Glad your mum is at peace. Take care.