Bad last 2 month thought February will be better no way Not only dementia but might have parkinson

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
I am just asking
Ho had trouble getting down stiars and steps in December.

In hospital first 2 weeks in January.chest infecshion then water infecshion physio came last week to asses him walking and standing .there coming every week to help him get better at is .

THen bang phone call from docter yesterday thay think he might have Parkinson’s as well got appointments 2 April so another problem what next?

As enyone else having to deal with this .

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I might be!
My OH started to stoop and shuffle a little in Dec. He collapsed on Christmas day went into hospital. Was treated for an infection and been off his legs for 6weeks, He's still in hospital starting his 7th week. He has been referred for a neurology appointment for suspected Parkinson's but I was told today there is a severe backlog so could be a couple of months before he gets one.
He has managed to walk 4 days out of the last 7 with support and is having physio every day but it's pretty obvious he will never walk the 3 - 5 miles a day he was doing.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
So sorry Vanessa. You seem to have another problem now. If it is Parkinsons there is medication that will help the symptoms. You need to get the diagnosis before you worry too much. Maybe its not Parkinsons. 2nd April seems a long way off. I hope you will cope ok until then. Take care.x

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
So sorry Vanessa. You seem to have another problem now. If it is Parkinsons there is medication that will help the symptoms. You need to get the diagnosis before you worry too much. Maybe its not Parkinsons. 2nd April seems a long way off. I hope you will cope ok until then. Take care.x
Thank you I will try not to worry witch is hard although I know he had this for 3 year but last 2 month seems to have just got bad quick and I no that there is worse times a head of us all

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
I might be!
My OH started to stoop and shuffle a little in Dec. He collapsed on Christmas day went into hospital. Was treated for an infection and been off his legs for 6weeks, He's still in hospital starting his 7th week. He has been referred for a neurology appointment for suspected Parkinson's but I was told today there is a severe backlog so could be a couple of months before he gets one.
He has managed to walk 4 days out of the last 7 with support and is having physio every day but it's pretty obvious he will never walk the 3 - 5 miles a day he was doing.
Hope he out of hospital soon .and feeling better as can be I try not to worry but last 2 month things seem to have moved on with Simpson’s. And progress thanks again for reply

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976