A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks @LadyA

I had a smile picturing you jumping on and off your swing stepper several times a day. :)

I`m sure the benefit will be more than a little.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My bracelet arrived today. :)

The case was wrapped in Hessian which was sewn and sealed with sealing wax. It was an experience in itself to open.
IMG_1068.jpg

When I finally broke the seal and opened the box I was treated to the most beautiful scent of dried petals and a thank you card.
IMG_1067.jpg

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It looks lovely Sylvia and the petals etc must have made it even more special. Perhaps it's nice that you got it after Dhiren's anniversary. Something to warm your heart today.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, how lovely, Sylvia! And the packaging and presentation is just beautiful! Doesn't the lovely hessian, the wax seal, the box, the petals.....it all just makes it so very special! Like you are receiving an experience, and not just a bracelet, if you know what I mean?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Like you are receiving an experience, and not just a bracelet, if you know what I mean?

I know just what you mean @LadyA I took ages to undo the stitching around the hessian and savoured the moment.

Another moment to savour.
My granddaughter took me on a mystery trip on Tuesday after she`d joined my meditation group and look what she had arranged for us.

IMG_1092.jpg

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Sorry, I am only just catching up here.

Your bracelet is lovely, I am so glad that it arrived safely and that it was packaged in such a way that even those first steps of opening it brought you such pleasure.

How lovely that your granddaughter took you out too - those cakes look wonderful :)

AliceA

May 27, 2016
The bracelet is beautiful, the tea looked good too, but that is another matter!
Sometimes something that takes patience to wait for arrival then the extra patience need to open it is extra special. I am sure you will savour it every time it catches your eye. X

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Looks like your granddaughter a) knows her grandmother very well indeed and b) that acorn didn't fall too far from the tree.

I'm glad you had such a lovely time with your granddaughter.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks everyone.

To cap it all, it was my son`s birthday yesterday and we all went out for a delicious and very high-calorie Italian lunch.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I went to a new Buddhist meditation group today. It`s held monthly .

The first meeting of the year , which was today, is Ancestors Day where we are asked to bring photos of departed ancestors or people special to us. The meeting was held at our local Quaker Friends Meeting House.

I showed this photo of Dhiren.
Dhiren and sunflowers.jpg

When I started talking about him I became so emotional I couldn`t finish. I shouldn`t have been surprised really. The energy in the room was so sympathetic and others had spoken about people they had lost. It was a coming together of emotionally charged feelings.

It was timely because it will be the anniversary of Dhiren`s funeral tomorrow.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia. I have always loved that photo of Dhiren, No wonder you got emotional. I don't think that will ever leave us.

I'll be hinking of you tomorrow.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Grief is so overwhelming sometimes unexpectedly. It sounds that Ancestors Day was a good place to be.
It is a lovely photo. Xxx

(We do not have such centres near, I do not even get to Quaker Meeting. Last night I woke with a splitting headache, the day had been so busy I was overtired. I could not sleep so I put a Buddhist OM chant on and slept at last.)

Status
Not open for further replies.