Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi GG (stands for Gorgeous Geraldine), my new name for you x
Do they have a substantial supply of Bourbon biscuits? For me the best dunkers in a lovely strong builders brew....
I hope you are ok, and how is your hip?
Much much love, B xx
Oh yes, so so agree about the Bourbon. These, and a kind of long pink wafer are the residents favourites. so so good to hear from you. Hip not very good, does not like cold weather. Onwards! all love, Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Are you having a hip replacement Geraldine? If so, will you have someone to help you when you get home? My cousin had her hip replaced just after me. She lived on her own. I asked her how she managed getting her knickers on!!! She said she didn’t bother wearing any! I thought..... how b....y sensible!
Just a thought!!!
With love and a hug, B xx
Yes, thank you, my son is staying, then I am going to stay with a friend for a week. I mean, who needs knickers anyway? Love and best, Gxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Continuing my tea obsession, it takes me seven refills of tea and biscuits for the residents before I can sit down and have one myself! One resident (who I really deeply love) asked for more biscuits and then shouted after me CREAM ONES!!
Oh yes, we all adore the custard creams!!
Before this, though, i went up to Keith's room to take some more razors and as it was early, K was still in bed. He put out his arm to me and said, are you REAL?

Anyway, I had to go to one of our shopping centres on the way and was there at 9.30. Having been out of all this for five years, I feel such a dithery old lady among the intense, noisy throng. God knows what it's like in the afternoon. I can't deal with the madness of this world, I am better at dealing with dementia. (Do any of you guys feel like this?).

No activity nurse today so did lots of singing, getting a lot of responses with Teddy Bears Picnic. Good one that. Seminars on the disgusting mating habits of pigeons and on whether custard creams or bourbon are the best ...

We have a new nurse being introduced and as I .left I asked him if he liked us and he said YES, IT'S LIKE A FAMILY!
Absolutely, guys, absolutely.
Am I real, do you think? Answers on a postcard!
Love and best, Geraldinexxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
As Plato said how do we prove whether we are in the dreaming state or the awakened state, what is reality?
I do feel I am in a play some times, but am a the actor or the character?
No cream biscuits for me, rich tea and a sliver of cheddar or the darkest chocolates ones especially chocolate gingers! Oh, dear now I fancy one, now that is real!

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Shift started with me coming down in the lift with another resident in wheelchair and we sang Teddy Bears Picnic. When we arrived, Keith not yet there so with the residents who were there we did a reenactment of the time I brought the policewoman in to meet everyone. This is going down as a legend.
Keith came, very afraid on transfer to chair today, but settled after a cup of tea. I said to him, I love you with all my heart and he said, very possibly.
Sun comes out and mood raises. Keith asks me how I'm doing, so I say all well sweetheart, all well. AND THEN look in the garden and there is a fantastic Mr Fox in there, beautiful, conker brown, sunning itself. Screech with delight and the nurses think someone is in trouble!
Off to run my church group. But have to tell you interested parties that as a result of having so much teasing and stuff about how to put my knickers on after a hip replacement, I have now perfected a way of doing it OVER MY HEAD. This is true, I may patent the method.
Love and best, and thank you!
Geraldinexxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
My mind boggles, when is the film due to come out?
It is incredibly simple. I just sat and studied knicker technology for a little while and came up with the answer! I know this sounds surreal, but it's true and so reassuring.
Gxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
It is incredibly simple. I just sat and studied knicker technology for a little while and came up with the answer! I know this sounds surreal, but it's true and so reassuring.
Gxxx

Good to know, I thought it might involve a degree course. Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Keith comes down, pretty in pink and telling me to be careful with the strimmer.
I sing teddy bears' picnic to everyone who is awake (not many). and then we have a short seminar on which James Bond film is the best and Keith sings the theme tune with my son Peter who is down to see him. AND THEN we have the great plastic pinny meltdown. Obviously a duff batch because everyone is messed up in some way, five ties, no tops etc. Ends up being a great hoot!
More anon, back on Tuesday guys.
Back on Tuesday.
with love and thanks, Geraldine aka kindred. xxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Main seminar today folks, returned to many times, was will it or will it not snow this afternoon. We took a vote in the end. Other seminars on crab apples, quinces and of course, rhubarb.
Keith wheeled in and a good transfer to his armchair which always starts the proceedings off nicely for me. He was so happy today, laughing, joking and flirting with the activity nurses.
Gentle activities with light-up butterflies, loved that. I have noticed that sensory light activities always go down well. People focus and smile.
Not as much singing as usual and I have a bad throat at the moment. So Keith and I hummed a lot, did the james bond themes and rawhide. I must work out some new music, but fortunately the residents do not remember what I sung the previous day! Mademoiselle from Armentiers always goes down well and I adapt it to furry pussycats, rabbits and nurses. Don't ask. It's got a strong, cheeky tune.
Keith told me I must be careful not to let high hills get in my way. Good advice for all!
Back on Thursday guys, thank you so much for being with me, with us. Geraldine xxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Look after that throat Geraldine, everyone there will be lost without your singing
Thank you sweetheart
Look after that throat Geraldine, everyone there will be lost without your singing
This is not yet a visit report, nor really a tipping point, just a wonder if any of you get this? Why oh why do friends etc keep sending me happy holiday pictures of themselves in the arms of their husbands? why? I am not an envious human being, prepared as am to take what comes and make the best, but oh this hurts, really hurts. Thanks for listening guys, back later I hope.
Gxxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Thank you sweetheart

This is not yet a visit report, nor really a tipping point, just a wonder if any of you get this? Why oh why do friends etc keep sending me happy holiday pictures of themselves in the arms of their husbands? why? I am not an envious human being, prepared as am to take what comes and make the best, but oh this hurts, really hurts. Thanks for listening guys, back later I hope.
Gxxx
I know how you feel, I've got a friend that always tells me about their next cruise, they usually go at Christmas time, I know she doesn't do it on purpose but I haven't been away for over 3 years take care love and a hug. Lx

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
It makes you feel sad remembering what you used to have and what you have now. We go with a walking group on Monday and all I hear is about the next holiday abroad knowing that I can’t go on holiday anymore.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
... Why oh why do friends etc keep sending me happy holiday pictures of themselves in the arms of their husbands? why? I am not an envious human being, prepared as am to take what comes and make the best, but oh this hurts, really hurts. Thanks for listening guys, back later I hope.
Gxxx
I don’t think people do it on purpose, it’s just so human to show what you have without considering other people’s feelings. I understand that you have been SENT those pictures, is it insensitive? probably yes, deliberate? probably no. Don’t let your lovely nature be hurt by the slings and arrows of other people’s bragging, for that’s what it is.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Why oh why do friends etc keep sending me happy holiday pictures of themselves in the arms of their husbands? why? I am not an envious human being, prepared as am to take what comes and make the best, but oh this hurts, really hurts. Thanks for listening guys, back later I hope.
Gxxx
I get it on Facebook but that's where the photos are sent generally to friends, not just to me. So I can't really complain and just feel happy for them. If it was something that was just sent to me I would find it a bit insensitive.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you to all you kind and lovely people who responded to my cry from the heart this morning. Yes, indeed these pictures are actually sent to me. But never mind and onwards and upwards.

Arrived at Keiths to be told he has been voted the best looking man in the south west! Like that. When they told K, he said he could see what they meant ...
It's not cold in the home but we are threatened with snow, so once again a seminar on will it or will it not happen ...
Cosy blankets are put round the residents, not because it's cold, but because it feels cosy. Get that, might wrap myself up similarly this afternoon! Do you do this, guys?
Forgot to mention, Keith had a difficult transfer from wheelchair to armchair today and it took three carers. He sat down, I gave him his cup of tea and biscuits and he said, There may be trouble ahead ...
Sang that wonderful song. Is that from an Astaire and Rodgers? Then Keith said I was welcome to come with him. It was up to me, but he would like me to.
And I thought, to the end of the world, blue eyed darling, to the end of the world.
Thanks, guys, thank you all so much. With love, Geraldienxxxxx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
My friend has given me an Adorable Cushion of a Labrador that look just like the one we used to have. It is so soft and cuddly and I have given it to him and he loves it, I do too. I have ordered one of a Jack Russell to give to her for her birthday because she used to have one and we walked them together.
www.adorablecushions.co.uk if you are interested.