Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Just finished cards and letters, really running late this year.
Run down to workman on Wednesday and Thursday.
Not the best week but no appointments!
RVS have invited us to a tea tomorrow. A sweet lady asked us, just hope food ok for soft diet. So much easier to stay home!
Today my husband could not manage a task that once was a breeze especially for an engineer. I managed it, quite sad.
Still by Friday I will get small tree out and special decorations gathered of the years. Then I shall pick up the mood I am sure.
You are such a good woman, sweetheart. Gxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
OK. In I go and the chef walks past me with a turkey on his head. A toy one of course, but life sized and convincing.
Christmas has certainly arrived.
I had just spent a tedious morning with the bank fraud department sorting out and making me safe after an inept offline attempt to get a bank card from Keith who supposedly phoned to request one ... That would be a neat trick.
As I sit down, Keith asks me if I use persil? So I agree I do. (where did that one come from???).
Nice happy atmosphere today, lots of visitors and carols being sung. (Do you remember carol singers folks? We used to get the salvation army come round).
As I leave, Blue eyed boy whispers to me that some people are capable of ANYTHING!!!
Thanks guys, all good and chaotic.
love and best, Geraldinexx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Sorry about your morning, it is worrying we have to be on our guard even in our own home. Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Sorry about your morning, it is worrying we have to be on our guard even in our own home. Xxx
Thank you. Interestingly enough, it had the effect of flagging up a mistake by the bank. When registered POA for Keith he had capacity, now he does not and the bank should have asked me when I went to register POA with them in March, because it adds an additional layer of safety So anyway, he apologised and then, having been there 90 minutes doing this wrenching and worryin staff, I asked if I could use their toilet and he went all prim and said there were no public toilets in the bank and pointed me to the coffee shop. Limit to kindness then. Gxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I have obviously led a sheltered life because I did not realise there was a rude version of Jingle Bells which involves someone losing their willie on the M1.
On a more serious note, I have been holding back from telling you that I thought my blue eyed boy was drifting away from me. But today, oh my goodness today. Keith leaned close to me and said
Are you all right?
I said I am, sweetheart, especially when I am here with you.
He said, Good, thank you.
Back in the day in the times of the dreadful carer at home struggle, he once said to me, Why am I doing this to you? I wouldn't do this to you. I was on all fours cleaning up a desperately horrible mess and in tears so could say nothing at the time. Later, I explained it was that his head was a bit damaged following bumping it so many times. (Being tall, Keith has spent a lifetime bumping his head in doorways).

He stretched out his hand and held mine. But oh his legs are so thin now.
Just with him, I did a film themes session, Great Escape, James Bond, Dr Zhivago, and then the snowman. Keith was able to hum most of them, especially the snowman. I so wish I could explain to him that in the latest version, the snowman has a snowwoman because this used to worry Keith so much, that he was all alone.
Before I left, I said, how lovely to be with you precious boy and Keith replied, It's what we do isn't it.
Yes, my blue eyed boy, it's what we do. Who needs Christmas?
Thanks guys, thank you. with love, Geraldinexxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Your words touched me so much, these glimpses of what is really there at the root that enduring Love.
How things were and still are even when buried deep under the layers of this illness in its many forms.
This week or two is quite poignant isn't it. Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Your words touched me so much, these glimpses of what is really there at the root that enduring Love.
How things were and still are even when buried deep under the layers of this illness in its many forms.
This week or two is quite poignant isn't it. Xxx
Oh sweetheart, yes, very poignant and thank you so much for beautiful words. Enduring love, what a wonderful expression. Gxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I have obviously led a sheltered life because I did not realise there was a rude version of Jingle Bells which involves someone losing their willie on the M1.
On a more serious note, I have been holding back from telling you that I thought my blue eyed boy was drifting away from me. But today, oh my goodness today. Keith leaned close to me and said
Are you all right?
I said I am, sweetheart, especially when I am here with you.
He said, Good, thank you.
Back in the day in the times of the dreadful carer at home struggle, he once said to me, Why am I doing this to you? I wouldn't do this to you. I was on all fours cleaning up a desperately horrible mess and in tears so could say nothing at the time. Later, I explained it was that his head was a bit damaged following bumping it so many times. (Being tall, Keith has spent a lifetime bumping his head in doorways).

He stretched out his hand and held mine. But oh his legs are so thin now.
Just with him, I did a film themes session, Great Escape, James Bond, Dr Zhivago, and then the snowman. Keith was able to hum most of them, especially the snowman. I so wish I could explain to him that in the latest version, the snowman has a snowwoman because this used to worry Keith so much, that he was all alone.
Before I left, I said, how lovely to be with you precious boy and Keith replied, It's what we do isn't it.
Yes, my blue eyed boy, it's what we do. Who needs Christmas?
Thanks guys, thank you. with love, Geraldinexxxxx
Oh my goodness Geraldine, you have made me cry again. Such wonderful touching posts, that always touch my heart.
I wish I had your strength and courage, and your perspective on life.
You are who I aspire to, when things get worse for us.
I’m sending much love to you, and to your gorgeous blue eyed boy, B xx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Dear G - yes it’s that sweetness, the thin hands, the thin legs, the confusion that tugs at your heartstrings, all to be carried in your heart and only really understood by fellow people looking after their sick family. Hope you have another happy day with your dear husband.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh my goodness Geraldine, you have made me cry again. Such wonderful touching posts, that always touch my heart.
I wish I had your strength and courage, and your perspective on life.
You are who I aspire to, when things get worse for us.
I’m sending much love to you, and to your gorgeous blue eyed boy, B xx
Oh my darling, so good to hear from you, what lovely words, lovely. More anon, and thank you with all heart. Great love, Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Dear G - yes it’s that sweetness, the thin hands, the thin legs, the confusion that tugs at your heartstrings, all to be carried in your heart and only really understood by fellow people looking after their sick family. Hope you have another happy day with your dear husband.
Yes that sweetness, thank God for that sweetness. With all love, Gx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
OK guys, it all got me beat today, am flippin exhausted. More anon. Too much Christmas I think ...love and best, Gxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Have not gone in derelection of duty! Have got bad throat, cannot sing!! also am really bushed. But life continues at Keith's home. Unreasonably large parcels are arriving, usually flowers which leave mountains of packaging ... I could wish for small, simple bunches of snowdrops in shoeboxes, but there ...
Nurses really bushed too, sometimes everyone is just in silence or asleep AND WE HAVE NOT HAD CHRISTMAS DAY YET. Perhaps this is a plan so we can literally sleep through next week.
Keith happy and he can sing even if I can't. As I left he asks me if the Ministry of Defence has gone into liquidation yet .. now there's one I don't know!!
More anon, thanks guys and hope you are bearing up better than I am!!
love and best, Gxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Wishing you better soon, take advantage of the rest and self care. Lots of love, A xxx

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
Thanks everyone above - it is lovely to know that love is still there in others too - there is a nice song - American - Gretchen Peters - do listen if you can - it makes me tear up..

“when you are old and tired and grey,
and wear your overcoat on sunny days, when your brave tales have all been told - I’ll love you still, when you are old.

You’ll still be the same to me,
the comfort and the mystery,
I’ll be old too you see and
I’ll need someone to comfort me!

When you are old and pale and gaunt,
and a gentle hand is all you want,
I will give you mine to hold ,
I’ll be here when you are old.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thanks everyone above - it is lovely to know that love is still there in others too - there is a nice song - American - Gretchen Peters - do listen if you can - it makes me tear up..

“when you are old and tired and grey,
and wear your overcoat on sunny days, when your brave tales have all been told - I’ll love you still, when you are old.

You’ll still be the same to me,
the comfort and the mystery,
I’ll be old too you see and
I’ll need someone to comfort me!

When you are old and pale and gaunt,
and a gentle hand is all you want,
I will give you mine to hold ,
I’ll be here when you are old.
Oh how lovely, thank you. ... the comfort and the mystery. with love, Geraldinexxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I thought you might like the link to the song -

I was interested to read that it is based on a poem by WB Yeats -