Nightwear for woman

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I would like to buy my mother some nightwear could anyone point me in the direction,mum only needs nightwear for her top half as she's only ever worn something on her top she used to just wear t shirts but I would like to get her something nice for the carers to put on at bed,I would like to know who sells items at a good price and well enough made,also how many should I buy,she is an 18 and aged 80 but with a young perspective and I would like to get her something comfy.
I'm a bloke that just sleeps in his pants so I'm not very aware of ladies nightwear .
If they have an easily navigated website that will save me time,i'm a non driver,but I can get a lift to the shops if I have to

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Primark, Cheap enought to chuck if they get soiled, longer T shirt types, just that little bit longer.

Or they sell PJ's as seperates- so you can just buy the tops if you want

How many? how many does she get through in a day? 2 a day? buy 8-10
( buy a size up, so buy 20's Primark are not the most generous)

https://www.primark.com/en/product/night-dress,N35397176857664

Really pretty but perhaps too long
https://www.primark.com/en/product/dusty-rose-night-dress,N35397178105787

Just tops
https://www.primark.com/en/product/floral-pyjama-top,N35397178125754

Last edited:

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
upload_2018-11-19_19-28-59.png
maybe a short nightdress like these - would be comfy and cover the essentials ! Perhaps you could get a catalogue, and order through the post, so that you don't have to try to get to a shop. If it came in the post and you didn't like it - you can always return an item. A catalogue would allow you to buy other things for Mum as well if you wanted to.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I too would go to Primark. The things they sell wash and wear well. But their sizing is not generous so go for at least one size higher than normal.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Thanks
Primark, Cheap enought to chuck if they get soiled, longer T shirt types, just that little bit longer.

Or they sell PJ's as seperates- so you can just buy the tops if you want

How many? how many does she get through in a day? 2 a day? buy 8-10
( buy a size up, so buy 20's Primark are not the most generous)

https://www.primark.com/en/product/night-dress,N35397176857664

Really pretty but perhaps too long
https://www.primark.com/en/product/dusty-rose-night-dress,N35397178105787

Just tops
https://www.primark.com/en/product/floral-pyjama-top,N35397178125754

Thanks

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Lots of good suggestions, but just a thought to ask the carers first, does your mum feel the cold? What she used to wear may no longer be suitable. My MIL always wore very thin summer shorty nighties, and a thin polyester silk effect robe on top, even in winter. She began to feel the cold but would not change her style of nightwear. Anything bought as a present just got dispatched to the charity shop and she carried on wearing her tired old shorties.

When she went to the well heated care home we were told that she was always complaining of the cold so I bought pairs of flannelette PJs and a fleecy dressing gown. She resisted for a while, saying it was all too hot, but gradually got used to wearing what she needed rather than what she was used to. I do understand about not wanting to look like an old lady, but cosy doesn't have to mean frumpy!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Lots of good suggestions, but just a thought to ask the carers first, does your mum feel the cold? What she used to wear may no longer be suitable. My MIL always wore very thin summer shorty nighties, and a thin polyester silk effect robe on top, even in winter. She began to feel the cold but would not change her style of nightwear. Anything bought as a present just got dispatched to the charity shop and she carried on wearing her tired old shorties.

When she went to the well heated care home we were told that she was always complaining of the cold so I bought pairs of flannelette PJs and a fleecy dressing gown. She resisted for a while, saying it was all too hot, but gradually got used to wearing what she needed rather than what she was used to. I do understand about not wanting to look like an old lady, but cosy doesn't have to mean frumpy!
Hi mums lucky she doesn't feel the cold,I will run things past the girls though,it's nice to get opinions from other people.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I just thought I would add something just in case it can help somebody else,I spent ages trying to find good socks for mum and ordered so many that were useless for her,and then discovered the cosy feet site,she now has about 15 pairs of their bed socks,they are the softest,well made socks I have ever come across,roomy too,and ever so warm

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
if mum has cold feet/legs, why doesnt she wear anything on her bottom half? Bed bound and in pads maybe but even so.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
if mum has cold feet/legs, why doesnt she wear anything on her bottom half? Bed bound and in pads maybe but even so.

Hi she doesn't have cold legs,it's common practise to wear socks to bed as they can feel the cold easily as they are not a fatty part of the body and she has always worn socks in bed for many,many years,she has never had cold legs,that's the way she has always slept,not everyone wears full pyjamas,she's always wrapped up nice and warm in bed,I sleep 10 ft away from her in the lounge ,and check during the night for any cover slippage

johny1

Oct 16, 2019
I will also recommend Draper of Glastonbury from where you can buy sheepskin slippers to keep your feet coy and warm.

johny1

Oct 16, 2019
If you are looking for high quality sheepskin slippers. Shop from Draper of Glastonbury to keep your feet warm and wick away moisture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife