Dad finally out of uncaring nursing home

J53

Oct 9, 2018
My dad has finally left the world's most uncaring home and there last words to him were glad I won't have to put you in a hoist again! My father can't do anything for himself so has to rely on the carers help they were supposed to be the best home around! They left him like a dog lying on mattresses in his room and shut the door he had no stimulation know one sat and spoke to him or took the time every day he had mire bruises or ripped clothes. My mum complained and was told she had 28 days to move him elsewhere. He can not sit in a chair as falls out but they couldn't get a special bucket chair! Which would help him sit and eat in 6 weeks he lost nearly 2 stone. So today my mum went to the home to finally pack up his things as he was moving to a new home the ambulance was late to transport him they never offered my mum a drink in the 4 hours she was there waiting neither did they offer her a chair to sit in she had to perch on the bed until a friend turned up and demanded a chair for her I feel happy now that I have viewed new home and grilled them on my dad's needs as I live 240 miles away my poor mum has not had it easy seeing him lying like a dog in his room shouting and screaming I am sure he was just scared of the staff as even on a good day he would say thank you for something to them and they would ignore him.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
That sounds a very sad and desperate care experience your dad has been put through but hopefully he will now receive the kind care he deserves

J53

Oct 9, 2018
That sounds a very sad and desperate care experience your dad has been put through but hopefully he will now receive the kind care he deserves
Thank you i hope so too they have a bonfire event this evening all families welcome my mum feels he will be happy there fingers crossed x

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Really really sorry your dad and mum have been subjected to this care!!..i hope when your dad settles in to new home..your mum with help off yourself with expose this home and report it to everyone..ie council. Care comission..social sevices and safe guarding..i would demand a full investigation off this home!!!..i few years back i reported my mums old home..even contacted infection control in the community. As hygien levels were appalling!..found out a few weeks later after mums move that social service had put a stop on people going in there!!.till it was investigated!!..on hearing this i actually phone social services to find out more..because it was under investigation they couldnt disscus it with me!!..however the lady said i had opened a can off worms ..that couldnt be ingnored.!!..mum thrived in her new home it was and still is amazing!!..it turned out the manger in mums old home was not even registered..it was in local newspaper..heavy fine and sacked!..ps it was a family run home!..i hope your dad has now a amazing experience and your mum is ok.xxxx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
That sounds horrendous and I'm so sorry to read that your parents had to endure that..

I hope your dad settles and thrives in his new home and that your mum gets some respite.

J53

Oct 9, 2018
That sounds horrendous and I'm so sorry to read that your parents had to endure that..

I hope your dad settles and thrives in his new home and that your mum gets some respite.
Thank you so far so good carer sat with dad at moment as scared of the fireworks funny though my dad used to love them. As I said to my mum earlier a new chapter starting fresh and we shall be dealing with old care home keep you posted on that x

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I'm not surprised that your dad is scared by the fireworks. Too much stimulation of any type can induce anxiety.

I'm not surprised that you'll be taking matters further with the old home. If you need any help with the system don't be afraid to use the experts on the help line for some pointers. The help line details are
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

Apart from that, Pg 18 onwards of this document gives contact details for regulatory bodies
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/media/1016

J53

Oct 9, 2018
Really really sorry your dad and mum have been subjected to this care!!..i hope when your dad settles in to new home..your mum with help off yourself with expose this home and report it to everyone..ie council. Care comission..social sevices and safe guarding..i would demand a full investigation off this home!!!..i few years back i reported my mums old home..even contacted infection control in the community. As hygien levels were appalling!..found out a few weeks later after mums move that social service had put a stop on people going in there!!.till it was investigated!!..on hearing this i actually phone social services to find out more..because it was under investigation they couldnt disscus it with me!!..however the lady said i had opened a can off worms ..that couldnt be ingnored.!!..mum thrived in her new home it was and still is amazing!!..it turned out the manger in mums old home was not even registered..it was in local newspaper..heavy fine and sacked!..ps it was a family run home!..i hope your dad has now a amazing experience and your mum is ok.xxxx
Thank you for replying yes it will be investigated as they say heads will roll and will be sending letters/emails to all although we put in a complaint already my mum has video evidence and photos all of which are shocking x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy