Oh brother

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Hi Grannie G,
I have ordered sheep skin heel protectors, but they seem to be taking an age to arrive, but I am a little hesitant about them, while she still has this friction action I think it will carry on inside whatever I put on her feet? willing to try when they arrive. Ignorance rearing its head here, but how will manuka honey help? is it a cream to apply?

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Ignorance rearing its head here, but how will manuka honey help? is it a cream to apply?

This is my go-to miracle cure, Tin. First bought it after TPers reccommended it for Mil, when she had a nasty cut that wasn't healing - after several weks of dressings from the GP, with no improvement and the wound still as big, I used medicinal manuka cream and within a week there was a massive improvement. 2 weeks later, all that was left was a scar. Since then, I always keep a supply in, it really is good stuff xxx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My doctor recommended using a honey plaster. I didn’t realise you could get medical grade manuka honey and, as I was on holiday when I got an infected bite (very painful!!) I used clear honey from the supermarket on a plaster ... it worked like a dream and sucked out all the disgusting ooze...

Have I put you all off your breakfast yet ? :eek:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
You beat me Bunpoots, I was going to post to say you really need medical grade manuka. I’m guessing it’s sterilized. I use manuka a lot, it did wonders for my sore throat. The Supervet uses medical grade, btw.
I use aloe vera for burns, I have a plant growing in the kitchen, it’s great!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So if I do use this honey I am guessing that I will have to use it with the co operation of the community nurses that come twice a week to change mum's dressing? Visit due today so will have a talk with them.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Mum made me and I think she may have broken me! Since her passing, my aches and pains have increased. Stiff as a board in the mornings, knees, back and shoulder not doing too well, can't even put socks on properly at moment. Mentally and now physically suffering a little. You would think with all the physical stuff I did for mum that would be enough exercise, obviously not the right kind of exercise. Out of all of this its the not being able to bend to put my socks on that annoys me the most, such a struggle!

When weather permits, I am taking short walks with puppy and usually by lunch time I am more flexible. Hard though, getting back the fitness level I was at 5 years ago, but will keep trying.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear this @Tin.
Yes, I guess it was the wrong sort of exercise.
Just a suggestion, but could you see a physio who deals with sports injuries? S/he would probably be able to recommend exercises that would help the fitness and flexibility. I have long-standing back problems and saw a physio who gave me exercises to do that keep my back problems under control.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Am seeing one next week, in the mean time she has given me some advice what to do while still laying on my bed, a bit difficult when you have a puppy bouncing around on the bed as well! Had a back problem since falling from a horse slap down on my bottom, but I have always been careful about what I do so as not to aggravate old wounds. Not very flexible these days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN