Parents

Parents

Oct 13, 2018
I’m recovering from a loss of my mother. I wish I could of stop her from advanced stage of dementia. It was very painful looking at her and when the doctors stopped her medications, decreasing her oxygen and she was on the last drip it was very hard and distressing. There was no medication that could of reverse her illness and just see her going towards death.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning @Parents and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. It is indeed so painful to lose people to this disease and incredibly hard to watch their decline.

I hope it has helped a little to share your feelings here on Talking Point. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

Parents

Oct 13, 2018
Good morning @Parents and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. It is indeed so painful to lose people to this disease and incredibly hard to watch their decline.

I hope it has helped a little to share your feelings here on Talking Point. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I am sorry for you, it must have been hard to see. For your mother it was a different experience. So try and hold on to that, she will be at peace, you will find ways to live and be richer for her care in the past.
I learned many years ago the experience of suffering is so different than watching someone suffer. Take care, do not expect too much of yourself.

Parents

Oct 13, 2018
My father had different type of dementia but I lost him because he wasn’t responding to any treatment

Parents

Oct 13, 2018
His dimentia didn’t reach advance stage. He used to get confused a lot and it led him to get annoyed. So to calm him down we had to talk about things that were confusing him then he felt better.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm sure you did everything possible to help your mother and father @Parents.

Its painful when we are helpless to make things better. I hope it will give you some consolation to know they are both resting in peace.

Parents

Oct 13, 2018
I'm sure you did everything possible to help your mother and father @Parents.

Its painful when we are helpless to make things better. I hope it will give you some consolation to know they are both resting in peace.
I still see that same picture of my mum on oxygen and last fluids,all I could do was to pray for her but at the same time was crying.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I still see that same picture of my mum on oxygen and last fluids,all I could do was to pray for her but at the same time was crying.
It is natural to cry when we are grieving. I am sure that eventually the picture you will rember is when she was fit, loving and laughing.
Even when we pray for the very best outcome for the other person. Our own sense of loss still hurts.
Be gentle with yourself.