A low day

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
today im feeling quite low, we all have these days so decided to write a poem for hubby and would like to share it with you
I think about you every day
and wish that you where here
to hold my hand when im afraid
and brush away my tears
I loved you from the very start
and until the very end
my love still reaches out to you
my husband and my friend
my life goes on without you
and I miss you every day
there are no things to plan for
since you went away

Jerryfishman

Jul 2, 2018
Hi marmalade,
What a beautiful poem. I’ve not posted for 3 months or so. How long ago did you lose your husband? I lost my Dad at 8.47am today after about a 3 year battle with Lewy body dementia. I’m sat at his bedside writing this. He’s now at peace. Just think of the good times you had together, that’s what I’m doing. Jerry

Grable

May 19, 2015
Wow Marmarlade, that's lovely - and a reminder that somebody's passing isn't the end of our love for them. I hope you soon do find 'things to plan for', though!

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
@marmarlade, that poem is so lovely and says everything. I am a rare visitor these days, but wish you every strength for the future.

Jerryfishman

Jul 2, 2018
@Jerryfishman please accept my condolences on your sad loss
@Jerryfishman please accept my condolences on your sad loss
Thx,
I’ve not been able to cry for 2 and a half years. Just anger which has not been good for my family and marriage!
Dad lost the ability to swallow on Thursday and declined fast. My sister and mum were abroad on holiday at that time (not back until the early hours of today). It was a miracle that Dad hung on until they got there then gave up and passed away peacefully.
This may sound strange but it could not of been a more beautiful experience.
It is a happy release for Dad and I’m now able to let all my emotions flood out uncontrollably. Hopefully we can now grieve properly and celebrate my Dad’s life. Jerry

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
Hi marmalade,
What a beautiful poem. I’ve not posted for 3 months or so. How long ago did you lose your husband? I lost my Dad at 8.47am today after about a 3 year battle with Lewy body dementia. I’m sat at his bedside writing this. He’s now at peace. Just think of the good times you had together, that’s what I’m doing. Jerry
HI Jerryfishman my hubby passed away 19 months ago,but it was a happy release from all that dementia brings ,so sorry for your loss of your dad we can only know that they are at rest now ,its still catches you unawares, that they are gone ,so take care.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
today im feeling quite low, we all have these days so decided to write a poem for hubby and would like to share it with you
I think about you every day
and wish that you where here
to hold my hand when im afraid
and brush away my tears
I loved you from the very start
and until the very end
my love still reaches out to you
my husband and my friend
my life goes on without you
and I miss you every day
there are no things to plan for
since you went away
Beautiful words and thoughts. X

VerityH

Aug 21, 2018
Thx,
I’ve not been able to cry for 2 and a half years. Just anger which has not been good for my family and marriage!
Dad lost the ability to swallow on Thursday and declined fast. My sister and mum were abroad on holiday at that time (not back until the early hours of today). It was a miracle that Dad hung on until they got there then gave up and passed away peacefully.
This may sound strange but it could not of been a more beautiful experience.
It is a happy release for Dad and I’m now able to let all my emotions flood out uncontrollably. Hopefully we can now grieve properly and celebrate my Dad’s life. Jerry
What a lovely thing to say. I have only experienced this with my cats, not with any of my humans yet. I just hope my mum and dad can fly away peacefully in the not too distant future too.

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
What a lovely poem, thank you marmalade, it's summing up everything I feel for mum.
Jerry, so sorry you are going through this today, but its good your family made it. I missed mum by just 5 mins and it still upsets me even though she was not alone. Please look after yourself in these days, they can be tough.