Invisible Concerned About Dad's Power Of Attorney And The House

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
I wonder if he’s trained up and coerced his lady friend to play the game. He’s going to need someone to be his eyes until the op!

At least he had a good time at the hospital, mum hated the eye appointments with all the waiting. She had both cataracts done. The first went really well, no problems. The second was not so good as she got agitated and they ended up giving her a general. The op still went ahead on the day planned, she was just got sent home later in the day than expected. She wasn’t so far down the dementia road as now so had a bit more understanding about recovery and eye drops (which I did). She has been told by the consultant that she doesn’t need glasses but she’s so used to them that she insists on keeping them. If it keeps her happy I have no problem with it. I’m not convinced she was actually aware of any change in vision but then her cataracts weren’t too bad at the time.

Hugs appreciated especially at the moment.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I wonder if he’s trained up and coerced his lady friend to play the game. He’s going to need someone to be his eyes until the op!

At least he had a good time at the hospital, mum hated the eye appointments with all the waiting. She had both cataracts done. The first went really well, no problems. The second was not so good as she got agitated and they ended up giving her a general. The op still went ahead on the day planned, she was just got sent home later in the day than expected. She wasn’t so far down the dementia road as now so had a bit more understanding about recovery and eye drops (which I did). She has been told by the consultant that she doesn’t need glasses but she’s so used to them that she insists on keeping them. If it keeps her happy I have no problem with it. I’m not convinced she was actually aware of any change in vision but then her cataracts weren’t too bad at the time.

Hugs appreciated especially at the moment.

Dear Roly,

I think they're all pretty good at this game and dad's probably managed to get quite a few year people in on this game. Anyway what I'd like to know is did you have much trouble getting your mum to have the drops the second time round and how was she when she came round after the anaesthetic?

I also need to let you know what happened before I left the care home yesterday! I will list the people involved as: 1 Resident G (with slight dementia)

2 Resident B (with very advanced dementia)

Resident G returned from her day centre and was looking for a place to sit in the lounge. She was going to sit in a very low arm chair but I suggested sitting next to resident B. Anyway I got up to help and handed to doll that was on the chair to resident B. Dad got up and moved the small table and then we both sat down. However before I could get resident G to sit next to resident B she was already quite comfortable in the low chair!!!!!! Obviously she didn't realise we were trying to help her so she remained where she was and resident B sat clutching her doll but talking to the chair! It is very sad to see people talking to thin air but it was lovely to see resident B smiling at me when I gave her the doll.

MaNaAk

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
I thought form minute you were going to say you had sat on a resident :eek::D.

I was in charge of eye drops so they were administered how ever many times a day they had to be. Mum often complained when they didn’t end up in the eye but then she did tend to shut her eyes at the crucial moment :rolleyes:. Anyway, enough drops went in for the consultant to say I had done a good job :). She didn’t seem too affected by the anaesthetic, by the time I picked her up she was gagging to go home. I made sure she wore the eye shield at night, luckily she tolerates it.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I thought form minute you were going to say you had sat on a resident :eek::D
My wife used to sit on other residents all the time and she's quite a little lump these days. Now she's no longer mobile she put her feet on the knee of anyone that's handy, it's not unusual to she her with her feet on the knee of the carer that's feeding her or giving her a drink, most days she has her feet up on me at dinnertime.
The dolls don't really seem to do much for the residents pretty much they're ignored but one time a carer gave a woman one of the dolls, she picked it up by the throat and gave it to another carer and said "take this baby away and have it killed":eek: What do you say to that?
K

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
My wife used to sit on other residents all the time and she's quite a little lump these days. Now she's no longer mobile she put her feet on the knee of anyone that's handy, it's not unusual to she her with her feet on the knee of the carer that's feeding her or giving her a drink, most days she has her feet up on me at dinnertime.
The dolls don't really seem to do much for the residents pretty much they're ignored but one time a carer gave a woman one of the dolls, she picked it up by the throat and gave it to another carer and said "take this baby away and have it killed":eek: What do you say to that?
K

“Let’s have a cup of tea first” springs to mind. :DMaternal instincts somewhat lacking!

Picturing your wife with her feet up made me smile. :)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I thought form minute you were going to say you had sat on a resident :eek::D.

I was in charge of eye drops so they were administered how ever many times a day they had to be. Mum often complained when they didn’t end up in the eye but then she did tend to shut her eyes at the crucial moment :rolleyes:. Anyway, enough drops went in for the consultant to say I had done a good job :). She didn’t seem too affected by the anaesthetic, by the time I picked her up she was gagging to go home. I made sure she wore the eye shield at night, luckily she tolerates it.

Thankyou Roly!

I can only hope that dad will be like your mum. You do a wonderful job with your mum and it takes a lot of patience doesn't it! I could have ended up sitting on a resident especially as I thought getting a chair for them and dad starts moving the table whilst resident G goes to sit somewhere else! You never know whose coming up behind you!

MaNaAk

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
BOO!

Did I make you jump?

Thank you. I have a lot more patience than I thought I would have, but it does wear a bit thin on occasion.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
BOO!

Did I make you jump?

Thank you. I have a lot more patience than I thought I would have, but it does wear a bit thin on occasion.

You make me laugh Roly! I know what you mean about patience. Dad's got until the 16th October
to get up to more antics where his cataract operation is concerned.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Ooh not long then. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Thankyou Roly! I hear that dad has been unsettled but I think this is due to the flu jab. I wonder if this is starting to have an affect on the other dementia residents who had theirs at the same time!

MaNaAk