Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Here I am again folks. Well, when I arrived this afternoon, Keith rallied long enough to tell me that we had to get to the core of the matter and as I was pretending to try, he fell into a deep sleep! So off I went to be with the other residents and one of the amazing activity nurses. She gave out photographs of people like JFK, Martin Luther King etc and very soon we were into a great discussion of civil rights, and from there to women's rights and suffragettes and women voting ... Excellent stuff, I was really impressed. Then she read the whole poem about Who killed Cock Robin and this was great, and finally, she and I did a dramatic performance of Soldier, soldier and got applause from those of the residents who can applaud. This was especially impressive stuff as I gather it had been a bit of a disruptive morning and yet she held them all together with this activity. What a skill!!

Blue eyed boy,
My lovely boy, please
Wake up then
There might be a chance of a smile for me
To take away.

Thanks folks, great to be back. Geraldine aka kindred.xxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I’ve just caught up on the past two days of posts... such inspired reading, thank you. I really did need to read your fab posts.
It’s a bit tough at the moment. My husbands surgery isn’t until the end of the month, but he is worrying about everything, and I do mean everything. Constantly. He keeps going over the same things, and I can’t help but get exasperated. I try not to, but I don’t get any time for my own rampant frantic thoughts. I am so desperately frightened of what state I will find him in after his surgery..
So I snap at him, he goes quiet, I sit looking at him and think what a vile unkind person I am. I need to ask Santa for a dose of patience.
Sorry... you all sound so balanced and grounded, and I’m just a wreck. It will get easier to handle, won’t it?
B xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Here I am again folks. Well, when I arrived this afternoon, Keith rallied long enough to tell me that we had to get to the core of the matter and as I was pretending to try, he fell into a deep sleep! So off I went to be with the other residents and one of the amazing activity nurses. She gave out photographs of people like JFK, Martin Luther King etc and very soon we were into a great discussion of civil rights, and from there to women's rights and suffragettes and women voting ... Excellent stuff, I was really impressed. Then she read the whole poem about Who killed **** Robin and this was great, and finally, she and I did a dramatic performance of Soldier, soldier and got applause from those of the residents who can applaud. This was especially impressive stuff as I gather it had been a bit of a disruptive morning and yet she held them all together with this activity. What a skill!!

Blue eyed boy,
My lovely boy, please
Wake up then
To take away.

Beautiful verse my dear friend, made my eyes fill. I never fail to be impressed by all the activities and "goings on" at Keith's NH. Makes my days look pretty dull! A full and busy day for you so rest up dear G. Much Love Jan xxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Here I am again folks. Well, when I arrived this afternoon, Keith rallied long enough to tell me that we had to get to the core of the matter and as I was pretending to try, he fell into a deep sleep! So off I went to be with the other residents and one of the amazing activity nurses. She gave out photographs of people like JFK, Martin Luther King etc and very soon we were into a great discussion of civil rights, and from there to women's rights and suffragettes and women voting ... Excellent stuff, I was really impressed. Then she read the whole poem about Who killed **** Robin and this was great, and finally, she and I did a dramatic performance of Soldier, soldier and got applause from those of the residents who can applaud. This was especially impressive stuff as I gather it had been a bit of a disruptive morning and yet she held them all together with this activity. What a skill!!

Blue eyed boy,
My lovely boy, please
Wake up then
To take away.

Ah, you are only a thought away! Glad the day went well, Sundays must be odd sometimes, just follow your heart.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I’ve just caught up on the past two days of posts... such inspired reading, thank you. I really did need to read your fab posts.
It’s a bit tough at the moment. My husbands surgery isn’t until the end of the month, but he is worrying about everything, and I do mean everything. Constantly. He keeps going over the same things, and I can’t help but get exasperated. I try not to, but I don’t get any time for my own rampant frantic thoughts. I am so desperately frightened of what state I will find him in after his surgery..
So I snap at him, he goes quiet, I sit looking at him and think what a vile unkind person I am. I need to ask Santa for a dose of patience.
Sorry... you all sound so balanced and grounded, and I’m just a wreck. It will get easier to handle, won’t it?
B xx
Oh no, not vile and unkind. I expect even Santa would curse and snap. All love and thoughts to you, of course you are frightened darling. Listen, balanced and grounded - I think all of us can do host mode, just like our loved ones, balanced and grounded I am not. Spend lots of time at work in the loo with head in hands even now saying, I can't do this ... was not able to do that when Keith was here, but it was probably my main thought sweetheart. But I can do hostess mode for the Olympics. With love and best, always, Geraldine aka kindred. xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Beautiful verse my dear friend, made my eyes fill. I never fail to be impressed by all the activities and "goings on" at Keith's NH. Makes my days look pretty dull! A full and busy day for you so rest up dear G. Much Love Jan xxxxx
Thank you darling. I am so glad you like my verse, it's a good way to condense feelings, I think. We shall confer. all my love, Gxxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Oh no, not vile and unkind. I expect even Santa would curse and snap. All love and thoughts to you, of course you are frightened darling. Listen, balanced and grounded - I think all of us can do host mode, just like our loved ones, balanced and grounded I am not. Spend lots of time at work in the loo with head in hands even now saying, I can't do this ... was not able to do that when Keith was here, but it was probably my main thought sweetheart. But I can do hostess mode for the Olympics. With love and best, always, Geraldine aka kindred. xxx
Thank you... you are like a soothing balm to my fevered brow!
So, got to bed last night, got him ready, and then sitting on the side of the bed I realised he had taken 4 paracetamol!
Why?
I don’t know he said, I thought it was the right thing to do. But you never take more than two... well, he said I won’t take any ever again.
I don’t want to stop him sorting out his own medicine which I separate into a before breakfast bag and an after breakfast bag. He showed me what he was taking this morning, and all ok. But now I’m worrying.
I didn’t sleep last night worrying what a double dose of paracetamol could do to his kidneys.
Just another day in the life of a worrier!
Bxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you... you are like a soothing balm to my fevered brow!
So, got to bed last night, got him ready, and then sitting on the side of the bed I realised he had taken 4 paracetamol!
Why?
I don’t know he said, I thought it was the right thing to do. But you never take more than two... well, he said I won’t take any ever again.
I don’t want to stop him sorting out his own medicine which I separate into a before breakfast bag and an after breakfast bag. He showed me what he was taking this morning, and all ok. But now I’m worrying.
I didn’t sleep last night worrying what a double dose of paracetamol could do to his kidneys.
Just another day in the life of a worrier!
Bxx
Oh darling girl, there are so many many things that crop up for us to worry about aren't there, just awful and all sympathy. I am so sorry you had a sleepless night, too. All love, and with you always. Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Me, and early because I went early and I am so pleased I did. Keith much brighter, could hear him singing and talking from a few yards away. We sat and sang military marches, well, we went boom bang a bang, stuff like that to everyone's amusement. After this, Keith bent towards me and whispered, I have forgotten the ten commandments.
Not sure where to go with that, so we had a go, me and a couple of the other residents, at seeing how many we could dredge up ... but why on earth it mattered, I DO NOT KNOW.
I took a fairy wand in because I wanted to do some magic carpet work. However, it has disappeared so I hope it surfaces tomorrow. Calling it was not effective!
One of the visitors said, this is a happy place. He said he is miserable at home, then comes here and it is so happy.
Laughing boy today
and no poem in my head
because no pain in my heart
just for a while.
Thank you folks, all love and thank you for being with me. There is a debate on TP about long threads. I hope you are still OK with this one, it keeps to the situation as much as possible, I think. Geraldine, aka kindred. xxxx

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
impressive
Me, and early because I went early and I am so pleased I did. Keith much brighter, could hear him singing and talking from a few yards away. We sat and sang military marches, well, we went boom bang a bang, stuff like that to everyone's amusement. After this, Keith bent towards me and whispered, I have forgotten the ten commandments.
Not sure where to go with that, so we had a go, me and a couple of the other residents, at seeing how many we could dredge up ... but why on earth it mattered, I DO NOT KNOW.
I took a fairy wand in because I wanted to do some magic carpet work. However, it has disappeared so I hope it surfaces tomorrow. Calling it was not effective!
One of the visitors said, this is a happy place. He said he is miserable at home, then comes here and it is so happy.
Laughing boy today
and no poem in my head
just for a while.
Thank you folks, all love and thank you for being with me. There is a debate on TP about long threads. I hope you are still OK with this one, it keeps to the situation as much as possible, I think. Geraldine, aka kindred. xxxx
As an historian I think long threads are wonderful so keep on keeping on. C xxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Laughing boy today
and no poem in my head
just for a while.
Geraldine, we need your posts, I need your posts.
They bring warmth and comfort to me and to so many of us.
You give me hope for what could/will be in the future.
You stop me from thinking about the longer term future.
You keep me grounded in today.
What would I/we do without your posts...
Thank you, take care of yourself
I hope you find the fairy wand, perhaps it is at the bottom of the garden?
with love, Bxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi there my friend
Nothing wrong with this post! Keep 'em coming G because they are such an important part of my day and that of others I'm sure. So pleased Keith was awake and involved. For a visitor to say the NH is a happy place compared to being at home says it all really. And part of that happiness is down to you and your involvement, not just with your beloved Keith, but with the other residents too. I'm sure they don't all receive visits and your spending time with them and your kindness must be lovely for them. Re the Ten Commandments, I can only think of a few........ Much Love and Appreciation. Jan xxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Laughing boy today
and no poem in my head
just for a while.
As an historian I think long threads are wonderful so keep on keeping on. C xxx
Oh thank you with all my heart, a historian! What a wonderful identity to have and to share, thank you! Gxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi there my friend
Nothing wrong with this post! Keep 'em coming G because they are such an important part of my day and that of others I'm sure. So pleased Keith was awake and involved. For a visitor to say the NH is a happy place compared to being at home says it all really. And part of that happiness is down to you and your involvement, not just with your beloved Keith, but with the other residents too. I'm sure they don't all receive visits and your spending time with them and your kindness must be lovely for them. Re the Ten Commandments, I can only think of a few........ Much Love and Appreciation. Jan xxxxxx
Jan, thank you so very much. And thank you for your loving, encouraging words. I do love getting involved, being mouthy, getting a laugh. Put on EXTRA RED LIPSTICK before I go in ... that's my armour. I'm sure us girls understand ... all love, thankyou, Gxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh @kindred, this is an amazing thread! Please keep the posts coming, your honesty, compassion and energy are invaluable. (No pressure then! :p)
Love
Lindy xx
Lindy, thank you so very much, that is so encouraging and inspiring to hear. With love, and onwards then, Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Geraldine, we need your posts, I need your posts.
They bring warmth and comfort to me and to so many of us.
You give me hope for what could/will be in the future.
You stop me from thinking about the longer term future.
You keep me grounded in today.
What would I/we do without your posts...
Thank you, take care of yourself
I hope you find the fairy wand, perhaps it is at the bottom of the garden?
with love, Bxx
Darling, thank you so much. Of course, posting here to you is one of the major imperatives of my day, it really is, I love it so much and I so love hearing from you. I came to the conclusion today that Keith is much happier in his nursing home than he was latterly here with me. There are people and noise and bustle and better food than I could provide! It is a happy thought. Thank you so very much. with love, Geraldinexxxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Jan, thank you so very much. And thank you for your loving, encouraging words. I do love getting involved, being mouthy, getting a laugh. Put on EXTRA RED LIPSTICK before I go in ... that's my armour. I'm sure us girls understand ... all love, thankyou, Gxxxxx
Oh I understand :D My armour is GLITTERY EYE SHADOW AND MASCARA :cool: I kid you not!!!
Tastefully done of course......:p xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh I understand :D My armour is GLITTERY EYE SHADOW AND MASCARA :cool: I kid you not!!!
Tastefully done of course......:p xx
Ah, the glittery!!! I love it! Gxxxx Us girls need a bit of lippy and sparkle. For long time looking after Keith, I forgot to be a girl. I'm finding that is actually coming back now. Gxxxthank you.