the waiting is over

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Mum has gone

Dear Kazzette
So glad your mum is now at peace and she looks so peaceful. May you have the strength to get through the next few days and your life without her.

We are all here for you- when you want to talk

Big Hugs

Julie and Ian xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Kazzette

Please accept my sincere condolences at the loss of your mum. I am pleased that she passed away peacefully and my thoughts and prayers are with you for the days ahead.

Love

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Kazette

A peaceful end..what more could we all wish for?

Wishing you the strength and courage to face the next few days.

Thinking of your and hoping that you have lots of support over the coming days.

Love

Mameeskye

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Kazzette there are no words that can truly express the feelings we all hold when we hear of one of our loved ones passes. May you take comfort in the future to know that you were there for your Mum not only in her hour of need but there throughout her illness. You are one very very special daughter.

Take care and may you get the support you also need from those that loved you and your Mum.

Love Diane x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Kazzette,

I am sorry for your loss your mum is at peace now and I wish you all the strength and courage needed at this sad time. Your mum will be smiling down with gratitude for you.

Deepest Sympathy, Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Kazzette

Your waiting is over, and your mum is now at peace. You must now come to terms with her loss. but I hope it will give you comfort to remember how wonderful she looks now that her suffering is over.

Thinking about you.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Kazzette,

Sorry to hear about your mum.

It's good to know it was peaceful.

My condolences to you and your family.

love gigi xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Kazzette,

Sending you condolences on the passing of your Mum.

No more suffering and finally at peace.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Love from
Christine

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Kassette:
It is sad to hear your news. I hope you get comfort from knowing your Mum is at peace and you gave so much tender care when she needed it. Keep strong for yourself now.

Jan

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Kazzette

Having lost my own Mum earlier this month, I truly appreciate the mixed emotions of release, loss, relief and sadness you are probably feeling.
You did your best while you could; that's all any of us can do.

Best wishes

Kazzette

Sep 11, 2008
touched

I have been so touched by all of your words. It has given me so much unexpected comfort. Earlier in the day I was thinking about the effect tp has had with me in such a short space of time and realised that it's like an extended family with a common thread. This thing that attacks our loved ones is still so incredibly unreconised as a terminal illness. Something has to be done to change the perception of it and ALL it entails. Thank you all so very much.

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
So sorry that your Mum has passed away.
Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.

Love Lanie x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
I have been so touched by all of your words. It has given me so much unexpected comfort. Earlier in the day I was thinking about the effect tp has had with me in such a short space of time and realised that it's like an extended family with a common thread.
This thing that attacks our loved ones is still so incredibly unreconised as a terminal illness. Something has to be done to change the perception of it and ALL it entails.

I don't want to intrude at a sensitive time, but you can help make this happen.

In the newspaper notice of my Mum's death, I said "as a result of Alzheimer's Disease ..." and asked for donations to the Alz. Soc. instead of non-family flowers.

Don't upset other family members though - I could please myself! - you don't need to be falling out with close rellies at the moment, so don't forget their feelings.

Best wishes

Kazzette

Sep 11, 2008
lynne

Hi Lynne. I was told that when a person passes it is very rare that cause of death is put as dementia so you can imagine my shock when the doctor put it down. My Mum requested no flowers so I am going to ask for any donations to go to AD. My son has also put the charity forward to be considered for his company to support. It's not a done deal but they will look at all suggestions. Fingers crossed. I am struggling at the moment, I had no support from my siblings while Mum was here and get none now. You don't realise how isolated you become whilst caring especially as it becomes harder to get out of the house.The social worker rang me yesterday saying that if there was anything she could do to please call her. I had to practically beg this person for a 3 hour sitting service, there was nothing else she could do for me. I needed the help then, what could she possibly do for me now? The care packages available need to be tailored to an individuals needs. Not, you can have this, this and this but if you don't need it then you can't have anything else. These people have to help us when we need it before we get to the stage where we are so despersate we can't see an end to it. We need to be able to care for our people at home if we want to and get the necessary support. Good quality practical help not lip service and a pat on the head.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso