Grumpy OH

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Beads ...your post could easily be my life apart from my oh never used or uses the f word....but he does have a way with words that cut so deep, but immediately forgets as soon as he’s had his say....and then becomes kind and loving no change really from the way he has always been in 57 years of marriage just so much worse since this vile disease took over, at least that’s what I keep telling myself. I have and am still trying with the compassionate fact sheet but it’s not easy. Sorry I’ve gone on a bit ...I do feel for you and know just how you are feeling stay strong hugs ...A
Thankyou @Starbright . It’s not easy is it. Years ago our marriage was slowly killed off as the verbal abuse possessiveness & unreasoning continued. Now I am very resentful to be in this position. I do this purely out of sense of duty but it still gripes me the verbal abuse. You haven’t gone on at all you just saying how it is . What more can we do . Take care speak soon .A x

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Beads, thanks ok now, I only have a drink at Christmas, so I think I will give it a miss in future and stick to decaffeinated coffee. Well OH has just informed me it has stopped raining so we're off for another walk with the dog, just wish he was still able to go on his own (I mean OH) :( Lx
You should be super fit @Rosebush enjoy you walk I hope you don’t catch any rain. It’s been horrible here the rain. Decaf all the way for me. I used to like a drink now I can’t handle a good drink I’m a real lightweight. Speak soon. Ax

Hopeful123

Oct 24, 2015
West yorks
Oh my darling, we both did this. Gxx thank you for telling me, too.
Hi Mia 56. Please put me down for a room in your fun house, it seems ages since I had a good belly laugh, I know what you all mean about not going places where you get dressed up for. I’m a hoarder, too tight to give my dresses away, so I wear them for shopping etc, Best dressed customer in Morrison’s, that’s me

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
:)E

Carolynp it would be so nice ...and it’s The Beach Boys:) :cool:
Oh yes! @carolynp so well put! My OH is now in an assisted living so I do have freedom. I must say, my support group leader was correct when she tried to convince me to let him go and to console me...She said, "It's a gift. Take it."
There is still much, much to contend with, especially the guilt monster when I do not go visit. And even out of our house, he continues to cause me pain. Then that ever present grief never leaves me.
And to put it to the Beach Boys! We saw them live in concert in New Orleans. Jazz Fest!

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
And I don't have to take him shopping anymore! I convinced him to come with me one time and we had to fill the car with gas/petrol(?) first. I got out, put the pump into my tank, and hooked it so it would automatically fill. I went back in the car as it will automatically kick off. While in the car I began doing banking on my phone. So I'm all into my banking and he shouts, "Let's go, let's go!" (Mr. Impatience). Because I was distracted, and because I'm accustomed to jumping when he shouts, I thought the gas tank was full, that he had heard it stop, and he was rushing me to get us to the store. So I jump out of the car and pulled the pump out. Wrong! Gasoline spews everywhere! In my hair, in my eyes, in my nose, in my mouth, and all over my clothes! Thank god no one lit a match! I got back in the car and poured a bottle of water into my eyes. I had to go to the eye doctor (oh my, I hate typing "eye doctor" again) and I had blisters inside my lids from the gas! He was impatient with the gas pump not filling the car fast enough! I wasn't paying attention enough to realize what was happening. I remember this story every time I fill up my car. Oh, and we didn't make it to the store.
I am so thankful for all of you on this thread. It is a sisterhood I never would want, but it's so good to have!

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
@Margharita....my husband is the same I have to drop everything and do as he asks ,otherwise he throws his Toys out of the pram ... Hey Ho that’s my life or lack of it ....take care we are all in this nightmare together.,thank goodness for TP “hugs” A x

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
My husband , too, is impatient.
Whatever he wants, he wants it immediately.
He is always in a hurry, even though he never has urgent things to do
This is sort of funny: OH and I were in the car trying to take a left turn. We had sat through about 4 red light cycles. He told me to get in the other lane. I said I couldn't as LEFT is the direction we needed to go. He was beside himself with the time it was taking for us to get through that light. And guess where we were going? To his first day in assisted living. Hurry, hurry, hurry. And now he has no where to go.
I just go back from visiting him, bringing him a bag of Cokes and cookies. He flat out said I do nothing for him. How'd you get these cokes, cookies? Who washed your bedspread? Who has visited you on a regular basis? I practiced what I'd read here and got up and said I'm leaving. For once, I had his attention and he told me come back and sit down. I'm pretty sure he understands exactly how he treats me.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
I did it , too.
I can't remember when I last dressed up.
And I did it too! Not dresses, in my case, but all the beautiful winter clothes I used to wear on
long holidays in cold climates while at home everyone sweltered in the heat.

The fact that so many of us did this discarding of our finery makes me wonder if it was some sort of ritualised grief. We grieve - but the person grieved for is not dead - so perhaps we cast off the accoutrements of our lost lives instead.

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
And I did it too! Not dresses, in my case, but all the beautiful winter clothes I used to wear on
long holidays in cold climates while at home everyone sweltered in the heat.

The fact that so many of us did this discarding of our finery makes me wonder if it was some sort of ritualised grief. We grieve - but the person grieved for is not dead - so perhaps we cast off the accoutrements of our lost lives instead.
And put on those fancy robes or dressing gowns I think y'all call them.
That's a wise deduction. Casting away the outfits from the life you used to have.
All of y'all should go buy a new, pretty dress. Do it for yourself!

GinnyJan

Jan 20, 2018
@Starbright I am very very bad at compassionate communication. It’s not easy when you are at your wits end.

I am so glad to read this and see that I'm not the only person who cannot get to grips with the Compassionate Communication. I've tried, I really have but I always end up shouting back at him when he has a go at me. It always comes out of the blue and the shock of him shouting makes me jump but try as I might, I just can't keep myself calm. If I walk away he follows me so one way or another, it always ends in a shouting match :(

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Oh you’re right! All I could think of when I wrote that post was the Cadbury’s version about ... if the world were chocolate! As I am addicted to the stuff, I guess that’s normal - for me at least!

Hope your day is going ok. xxx

Morning Loved the Beach Boys ....hoping all is well ...take care A. x

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
:):)
I am so glad to read this and see that I'm not the only person who cannot get to grips with the Compassionate Communication. I've tried, I really have but I always end up shouting back at him when he has a go at me. It always comes out of the blue and the shock of him shouting makes me jump but try as I might, I just can't keep myself calm. If I walk away he follows me so one way or another, it always ends in a shouting match :(

Morning, Its the same for me ....mostly he kicks off because he doesn’t want to do something ,it could be anything at all, just throws his toys out of the pram...sometimes it’s so hard not to Laugh:) a grown man acting like that ...otherwise I cry . take care “hugs” A x

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Thankyou @Starbright . It’s not easy is it. Years ago our marriage was slowly killed off as the verbal abuse possessiveness & unreasoning continued. Now I am very resentful to be in this position. I do this purely out of sense of duty but it still gripes me the verbal abuse. You haven’t gone on at all you just saying how it is . What more can we do . Take care speak soon .A x

Thank you “hugs” A x

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Yes! I too have decided there are limits to how nice I am prepared to be. I also have a fear of somehow losing my personality, which is pretty bolshie on the whole, if I suppress my normal reactions too successfully. My mother was at the beck and call of my father, and ended up being someone who just said "That's nice, Dear" for about fifty years. (No dementia, he was just a pain in the neck, a petty tyrant.). I don't want to end up a zombie.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Life is sh..e.
Off to the hospital for his pre op and meeting with anaesthetist.
My handbag is full of Incontinence pants, wipes, tissues, loperamide, plastic bags.... no perfume or lipstick for me.
Even my handbag has been taken over.
Oh, of course, I do have my purse so I can pay the extortionate car parking fees.
Think I’m feeling a little cynical and hard done by this morning.
You have to laugh, or ....
Sorry I’m such a misery xx