Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Norfolk Cherry

I know what you mean, just knowing you are not alone makes such a massive difference. Please don’t feel you have to share, but know that if you want to, you are always welcome.

I think the thing with counselling is it only helps when you decide you need it. We all have coping mechanisms for the things that get thrown at us, throwing yourself into longer work hours, pounding away in a gym or pool, taking long walks in the countryside or just watching waves on a shore. When you find yourself talking to friends & they look shocked, disbelieving or just plain bored, that’s when you need to ask for help, or that’s what I found.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I could manage an evening with Mum, a weekend was pushing it, I’d arrive late Friday & leave late afternoon & that was plenty. Then we had a few years where we could spend time together & I almost missed her

Without those few years where things greatly improved, there is nothing on earth that wouId have endured me to move in, we wouIdnt have survived a few days, never mind a week

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Evening @Slugsta

Yes, I guess we all found ways of not carrying on the lack of patenting. We should be proud of ourselves for finding ways to be caring people.

Unbelievably, eldest was here yesterday telling Grandma about a friend who’s parents are charging babysitting on top of 50% of his wages for housekeeping, my mum was disgusted at a parent not supporting their child :eek: I just couldn’t believe my ears :rolleyes:
With the unbelievable comments our loved ones pop up with, it's a good job we have a sense of humour, or many of us would need a straight jacket to keep our hands off them :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Mum has been struggling with her hair for a while, I persuaded her to have it trimmed (several inches off the length) September last year, she then moaned about the length, it was too short

I’ve been trying to get her to lease it down, but she scraps it into a tight bun or ponytail & it doesn’t do her any favours. Anyway, being unable to use her right hand, she’s started moaning about getting it cut. I went into town, chatted with the hairdresser I’ve used & booked her in

Yesterday she was pleased to be going. This morning she wasn’t. Lots of refusing to go. I bullied her. She said she just wanted to die, so I told her not today, too much paperwork

E is just lovely. She chatted with Mum. No pressure. We looked at photos I’d downloaded & Mum agreed to go ahead. Honestly, I’ve never seen such a transformation. She’s now got short hair, easy to manage. Helen Miriam, eat your heart out, Mum rocks that look

It’s taken 10 years off her. She loves it. The 2 guys who own the salon were gobsmacked. One got a big huffy at me playing with mums hair & showing mum how easy it was to style. E was fine with it, the guys were telling me off. I just gave them a look & said “honey, I’ve gotta style it”. They backed off.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Mum has been struggling with her hair for a while, I persuaded her to have it trimmed (several inches off the length) September last year, she then moaned about the length, it was too short

I’ve been trying to get her to lease it down, but she scraps it into a tight bun or ponytail & it doesn’t do her any favours. Anyway, being unable to use her right hand, she’s started moaning about getting it cut. I went into town, chatted with the hairdresser I’ve used & booked her in

Yesterday she was pleased to be going. This morning she wasn’t. Lots of refusing to go. I bullied her. She said she just wanted to die, so I told her not today, too much paperwork

E is just lovely. She chatted with Mum. No pressure. We looked at photos I’d downloaded & Mum agreed to go ahead. Honestly, I’ve never seen such a transformation. She’s now got short hair, easy to manage. Helen Miriam, eat your heart out, Mum rocks that look

It’s taken 10 years off her. She loves it. The 2 guys who own the salon were gobsmacked. One got a big huffy at me playing with mums hair & showing mum how easy it was to style. E was fine with it, the guys were telling me off. I just gave them a look & said “honey, I’ve gotta style it”. They backed off.
Good, I'm glad your mum loves the new hair :) I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in hair dressers :eek:
Yes your right, far too much paper work :D

Went to bed at 8 last night, been up since 5 :rolleyes: but washing in, kitchen no longer looking as if burglary has been done !!! Dare not put the hoover on, or divorce maybe on the cards lol. Wide awake at moment and refreshed, though I expect later today when wrecking ball grandson arrives grandma may need a power nap with him :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29 :)

Mum still loves it this morning, so that’s even better. As for the silly lads being all proprietary over me messing mums hair, I just wasn’t going to let them make Mum feel bad :p

I fell asleep in the lounge after Mum went up well after midnight (again). Woke about 03.30 & staggered off myself. Awake about 08.00, but feel like something no self respecting cat wouId drag in

I’ve got counselling later & a coffee meet up after that. So, hopefully I’ll become more human. The sun is very bright & that means a garden day & good mood for Mum :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m sure there were two comments on here last night, I saw as I closed up the iPad, but they’ve gone now ??? I was too tired to reply & now I’m feeling bad about that

I thought if the moderator moved a post as it was in the wrong thread that you got a message o_O

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Maybe not moderated. A couple of threads I’ve noticed had a hic up yesterday that have been sorted. Maybe they are lost into a hic up..

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hope all went well today @Sam Luvit , and the sun is shining for you both x
In answer to the ' energy ' @Slugsta , it's not here now lol. The wrecking ball won, closely followed by his four year old brother who came around and completely caused the house to look as if a bomb had hit :eek:

On a good note, took youngest grandson to see mum at complex, lots of elderly who loved to see him ( he is such a happy, smiling little boy) then took both mum and grandson to the park. Mum was in good spirits, it was a good morning :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @Slugsta

Mums still rocking the look & still loving it. All the carers & a couple of neighbours have raved to her about her new “do” :D

Counselling ... I’m not sure how it’s going, but we established Mum may be critical of me to devalue my success so as to reinforce hers, also that her actions may well be from fear. Not sure how that helps o_O

Oh, & when I’m really stressed I feel useless. Needing others to tell me I’m not.

He seemed surprised that I’ve self analysed in the past & made conscious changes to things I don’t like about myself. For example. I never would start a conversation in the past, but figured I might get more if I did, so I started saying hello to everyone when I walk Pooch. (It started so quietly no one would hear). I now chat with 6 people on my walk in the mornings. It may not sound like much, but that is 600% more than I would have done in the past :D Some of them come out & wait for me as I walk down their road :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Margi29

Counselling is strange, I feel like I’m leading, which is very strange. He’s not made me cry so far, but has made me think of a few things, tbh, jury is out on if it’s helping, although just talking is helpful

I commented on the difference in Mum when the sun shines & I can get her in the garden, I laughingly said Alzheimers suffers should be prescribed Vit D. He said someone should do a study on that :eek:

I’ve often though researchers could do worse than to read through a site like this & get “at the coal face” insight into what seems to help (paracetamol) & what effects (full moon) & maybe look at these things. I know, everyone is different & every progression is different, but there are similarities too. So many people talk of the onset following a shock, be it a death of a loved one or a fall resulting in breaks & operations, it has to be a factor. As for the meds that wouId knock out an elephant having no effect, but a parecetamol resulting in several hours sleep ... it sure makes me think

Your home may resemble a war zone, but I’ll bet you loved every minute the bomb blast look took :p I’m so glad you had a good time in the park & your Mum was in good spirits.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Margi, it sounds as if you had a lovely - albeit exhausting - day yesterday :)

Sam, you are one of the least useless people I have had the pleasure to know! (((hugs)))

Quiet day for me today as my Thursday Man is on holiday :(

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi @Margi29

Counselling is strange, I feel like I’m leading, which is very strange. He’s not made me cry so far, but has made me think of a few things, tbh, jury is out on if it’s helping, although just talking is helpful

I commented on the difference in Mum when the sun shines & I can get her in the garden, I laughingly said Alzheimers suffers should be prescribed Vit D. He said someone should do a study on that :eek:

I’ve often though researchers could do worse than to read through a site like this & get “at the coal face” insight into what seems to help (paracetamol) & what effects (full moon) & maybe look at these things. I know, everyone is different & every progression is different, but there are similarities too. So many people talk of the onset following a shock, be it a death of a loved one or a fall resulting in breaks & operations, it has to be a factor. As for the meds that wouId knock out an elephant having no effect, but a parecetamol resulting in several hours sleep ... it sure makes me think

Your home may resemble a war zone, but I’ll bet you loved every minute the bomb blast look took :p I’m so glad you had a good time in the park & your Mum was in good spirits.
Yes I think it's something to think about re ' why do two paracetamols work better than the prescribed tablets that would knock out us for days ' ??
I'm with you also on , ' sun shining, gives better results than winter ' although even myself has more energy in the summer than winter, I just seem to hibernate ( warm fire, hot chocolate, fleece pjs etc..)

Yes those two raise my spirit, they are so funny. Although I catch myself saying sentences I used for my own children, and mum used on us as children :D :eek:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning all,

Margi, it sounds as if you had a lovely - albeit exhausting - day yesterday :)

Sam, you are one of the least useless people I have had the pleasure to know! (((hugs)))

Quiet day for me today as my Thursday Man is on holiday :(
Thank you, it was lovely, a power nap after tea was prescribed :)