Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm glad you got away Sam, your pictures look great. Glad your brother understands how hard it is. Get booking your next break whilst you can! They will all just appreciate you more now they know what it's like without you!

I’m finding it hard to get back into “Carer” mode & want to book fir next month .... do you think that wouId work?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

I did enjoy it, it was much needed, but the next one will have to be an offer or the bank will Lynch me :eek:

Mum had plenty of visitors arranged & the neighbours popped in too. Brother visited for 5 or 6 hours every day apart from 2, those were covered by eldest & S. I got told he was here an hour or two a few days. I figured she was trying to manipulate us with the “woe is me”, so called her on it when brother was here. She agreed he’d been every day & as he’d walked pooch twice each time, he had to have been here much longer than she’d tried telling me :rolleyes:

That’s a pity about the cancelled wedding :p At least you don’t need to buy a new hat :D It never ceases to amaze me the things they come out with ... you’ve had siblings & a near miss with a step dad .. whatever next :eek:

I’m giving relationship advice lol. I must be the worst person to ask o_O I get to play Devils Advocate & drink rum, so it’s not all bad :)

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I’m finding it hard to get back into “Carer” mode & want to book fir next month .... do you think that wouId work?
I agree with Slugsta. Having something booked ahead keeps me going.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

I think my mum lives to find ways to be awkward. When she’s cross, it’s at me & it fuels her ability to be as awkward as possible. The time of gentle nudges & encouragement are not here this week, she is full on “woe is me” & how awful I am. As to the zimmer “No. I am not using it”.

She is presently sulking in her room. I’ve stripped her bed & left it to air. So, she’s pulled a dirty sheet back on the bed, one handed & no zimmer, climbed on, complete with shoes & will not come downstairs. This is going to make bathing the pooch such fun. She will be trapped in her room as I have to put the bath seat by her door. Hey ho. Her decision

I can see Mum trying something like that, she’s “forgotten” to take her BP meds & then done the oh dear I don’t feel good. The look on her face as I’ve handed her the meds & suggested she try taking them confirmed it was deliberate. She is taking the calcium tabs out & hiding them again :rolleyes: Not happy when I tell her they are necessary & she must take them. Honestly, she’s such a wilful little girl at times o_O

I will start looking at deals for sun shine breaks & see who I can persuade to go with me. I’m pretty boring on holiday, I just want to read, sleep, eat & drink, with a bit more sleeping. Not exactly a fun companion to anyone who wants to see the sights or join in lots of activities :confused:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well, the vile came to a head tonight. Seems Mum had decided I’d said I wasn’t coming back from my holiday & so she was being horrid.

That makes so much sense. Not. We’ve talked & hope tomorrow will be better

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
After tears & talking last night, Mum was subdued this morning, but at least she wasn’t being vile. She took herself back to bed about 13.00 & is still asleep. It’s been very quiet here & it’s so tiring trying to keep quiet, but I’m coping lol

Now I just need to arrange food, find something to dress up in & go into town later & pretend I’m a normal human being, who can still have a bit of rum, sorry, fun. I meant fun, although I’m sure there will be some rum too :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
After tears & talking last night, Mum was subdued this morning, but at least she wasn’t being vile. She took herself back to bed about 13.00 & is still asleep. It’s been very quiet here & it’s so tiring trying to keep quiet, but I’m coping lol

Now I just need to arrange food, find something to dress up in & go into town later & pretend I’m a normal human being, who can still have a bit of rum, sorry, fun. I meant fun, although I’m sure there will be some rum too :)
Hope all peaceful around yours, also did you have a good night out ??
Loving this warm weather, I may have to put the thick jumpers away ( this week anyway) :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Margi29

All quiet here. Mum is reading, brother is drinking tea & I’m hitting the coffee. I’ve got the munchies fir some reason & am trying to stop myself from hunting out oat biscuits & dark chocolate

Night out was good. Fairly quiet, but very pleasant. 3 guys came over & started chatting to me lol. It was a good ego boost.

Yay to the improved weather. We are expecting fairly decent temperatures this week :)

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
We also have better weather here, finally. Yesterday was lovely, glorious sunshine and warm. Today it's warm but rain, but at least not cold!

Sam, hope you are feeling recovered from your re-entry after your holiday.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I’ve missed a lot...but see that you slept and read on holiday...are home and have settled your mum again. And had a night out!

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Welcome back Sam had it in my mind it was for 2 weeks so sorry for this late welcome back although by the sound of things you're probably still wishing you were away:(
I hope you will be successful in your Mum going to day care, I found the middle stages of this disease the hardest and most draining time so I feel for you Sam.
My Mum at present has started to eat really well the carers and myself are just amazed trouble is Mum will eat anything, including her blanket tissues the bowl she eats out of literally everything she tries to put in her mouth so we have to watch her like a hawk.
Glad you had a good night out and enjoyed being chatted up:D. Don' know if I'd know what to do it's been that long since I had any male company:eek:
Margi hope you're managing ok what with babies and weddings your lovely Mum is very busy:eek:
My Mum calmly told me Jesus was sitting next to her yesterday and she was going to make him something to eat
Slugsta Happy AnniversaryHave a lovely celebration.
Glorious day here today sun shining and lovely and warm.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Amy in the US

We are expecting rain tomorrow but sunshine from Monday to Sunday, with a high of 20! Can’t wait for that. We have a sea fret today :-(

Re entry to Carer mode was fraught with Mum deciding I’d said I wasn’t coming back. Though why she thought being vile wouId encourage me to stay is beyond me lol. We are fairly settled into a calmer routine now, so it’s getting easier again

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

It was nice to be out, see different people & listen to some music. I know I did that on holiday, but doing it “at home” has not been possible for a long time

Enjoy your meal. I hope it’s fun :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
My Mum calmly told me Jesus was sitting next to her yesterday and she was going to make him something to eat.

Hi @rosy18

It was 9 nights, odd time, but 7 days is not quiet long enough, so it worked pretty well. I did feel like walking out again, but things are settling (well they are today) & big brother came over for a few hours. I think he’s really got a handle on how hard this is & is trying to do his bit.

I wanted to get in touch with the day care this week, but I ran out of time, but it’s on my list for Monday morning. I’m helping out a friend Monday afternoon, so I need to get in it early.

I guess she is mid stage, definitely at least a 4, with some 5’s. Are any stages easy though? All seems hard at the time, looking back I can see 2 years ago was easy :-(

Wow, can’t believe your mum has started eating again, although maybe plates & tissues are not such a great idea. My mum seems to hoover up food, then not want anything, then back to inhaling it. It’s all very strange.

The night out was good. I was a bit shocked at some random guy wandering over & starting to chat, then another came over & keep glancing over (think he was trying to pluck up courage). It did my ego a world of good. I think the rum helped me remember how to chat lol

That must have had to fighting to keep a straight face :)