Strange one

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
Trying to make this short! Mom was in care home, had to move to nursing, i have a sibling who cleans at first home whom i have nothing to do with. Said sister recently visited with a lady they said was moms niece, so she gained access to moms private and confidential notes, she was very intimidating to staff asking medical questions and asking if this n that is in place. Days later said sister reported home to safeguarding re bruises on moms hands, which i have no worries about at all, she is 88yrs old and has to be handled. I have now found out that said niece is manager of moms first care home, so blatantly lied so as she could look at confidential info, i am so annoyed about it, i reported her to her manager who more or less said she has done nothing wrong, she was on her own time? Does anyone know what I can do next, i think it is disgusting

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
What a strange thing to happen. Do care home managers have a professional body they belong to that you could report this to does anybody know? Misrepresenting yourself and then accessing the private medical records of someone be they a former resident or not sounds wrong in so many ways in spite of what the former home's manager may say.
K

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
Hi, thanks for your reply, so glad it isn’t just me that thinks it is wrong! I’m awaiting a reply from ss to see if they can guide me anywhere but I don’t hold out much hope!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
It is so wrong, have you spoken to present care home manager about this? it is possible that they may know what you should do. Although the fact that she was with your sister may 'muddy' the waters a bit.

Havemercy

Oct 8, 2012
Trying to make this short! Mom was in care home, had to move to nursing, i have a sibling who cleans at first home whom i have nothing to do with. Said sister recently visited with a lady they said was moms niece, so she gained access to moms private and confidential notes, she was very intimidating to staff asking medical questions and asking if this n that is in place. Days later said sister reported home to safeguarding re bruises on moms hands, which i have no worries about at all, she is 88yrs old and has to be handled. I have now found out that said niece is manager of moms first care home, so blatantly lied so as she could look at confidential info, i am so annoyed about it, i reported her to her manager who more or less said she has done nothing wrong, she was on her own time? Does anyone know what I can do next, i think it is disgusting

This is very worrying. I wonder if the care home manager is a registered nurse? If so, then she could be in serious trouble. You can check out if she is on the Nursing and Midwifery register https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/search-the-register/ here. Obviously you would need to be very sure of your facts before you contacted the NMC. Good luck and hope you get to the bottom of things.

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
This is very worrying. I wonder if the care home manager is a registered nurse? If so, then she could be in serious trouble. You can check out if she is on the Nursing and Midwifery register https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/search-the-register/ here. Obviously you would need to be very sure of your facts before you contacted the NMC. Good luck and hope you get to the bottom of things.
That’s great and thank you for that info, I will check the link. At the moment i’m sitting waiting for SS to return my call! X

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
Ive heard of this before. the owner of Mums old care home used to go into other homes with a family member to assess their relative to see whether they could be moved to her home and she pretended to be a relative.

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
Ive heard of this before. the owner of Mums old care home used to go into other homes with a family member to assess their relative to see whether they could be moved to her home and she pretended to be a relative.
Oh right, just doesn’t seem correct though does it, why do it? x

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
It is so wrong, have you spoken to present care home manager about this? it is possible that they may know what you should do. Although the fact that she was with your sister may 'muddy' the waters a bit.
Hi, yeah had a word with the care home manager showed him the email i sent and there reply, but don’t think he wants the hassle, did advise him though that i am going to try someone else to report to, and he did say he was curious as to why she had done it?

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013

Just an update so annoyed, i have got no where with reporting this, cqc said can’t help, social services not interested, council said as it was in her own time it’s up to her what she does, how can that be right, no body wants to know!!!!, it seems they don’t care about old people with mental health problems aaaggghhh