Mom finished her final journey.

care 4 momma

Jan 28, 2017
February 4th mom finished her final journey in life, she was a fighter, she lasted 2 years longer than hospice expected. I miss her terribly but am glad she is not suffering. She passed very peacefully I am so happy about that. I did my best for her and for that I can rest easy.

Attachments

• serinity prayer.jpeg
    serinity prayer.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 345

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad your mom's passing was peaceful. Wishing you strength.

CraftyJ

Jan 31, 2014
Bedfordshire
Care 4 momma

Please accept my condolences too on the passing of your mum. Take comfort in that you cared for her at home and was with her until the end and she is now at peace. Thats all that anyone can ask is to see the end of anyone suffering.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
February 4th mom finished her final journey in life, she was a fighter, she lasted 2 years longer than hospice expected. I miss her terribly but am glad she is not suffering. She passed very peacefully I am so happy about that. I did my best for her and for that I can rest easy.
Am sorry to hear that your dear mum has passed away and I felt exactly like you when my dad died last year. We feel at peace because we know we did absolutely everything we could to care for our very loved one. Take care of yourself now

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
So sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to come to terms with but I am trying too to cope with the loss of my dear mum in that I did everything I could for her while she was so ill but thankful that she is now at peace and no longer suffering. I hope in the days and months to come the memories I have of her will come with smiles rather than tears. Take care.

Thomson

Nov 2, 2017
Hi I have not been on recently as I too lost my father on the 13th of Feb I looked after him in my home and he died peaceful in my arms I to am glad I had the privilege of looking after him so I feel your grief. What I now find strange is picking up the pieces of my own life where to start god bless all at the forum your advice has been invaluable

care 4 momma

Jan 28, 2017
Thank you for all of your kind words, now I have to decide if I go back to work or just take some time to decompress. I am so honored to have been there for her, I feel like my heart has a huge whole in it.

CraftyJ

Jan 31, 2014
Bedfordshire
Thomson - So sorry to hear of the loss of your father. He was very lucky to have been in your arms as he took his last breath. Cant imagine how hard that was for you but im sure all the support on here has helped you. Condolences to you and your family and hope time will heal.

care4momma - i can understand you needing time for yourself now but its such a transition from being so busy caring for someone and then to find yourself almost in a void. Going back to work might keep your mind busy, but perhaps a bit of "me" time would help and return to work when you feel strong enough. You have to do what you feel is best for just you now.

Amazing that both of you were their for your parents and be so proud of yourselves for that. quite an honour indeed. Wishing you both well.