Can I ... Should I?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

You daft lot do make me :D, thank you.

Sam, I do understand how difficult life can be when we have restrictions imposed upon us as you have. When I had my spinal cord stimulator implanted, I had 12 weeks of no lifting, twisting, bending, stretching. No arms above shoulder height, no elbows away from sides. In fact, my BFF bought me a pair of pink, fluffy handcuffs to ensure I was doing as I was told :D At least I wasn't also trying to care 24/7 for a PWD though . . .

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
This group keep me going @Slugsta, new or old, we all have our moments of sorrow & others of mirth.

I had a few discs pushed back in line & hips refloated, that was no twisting, lifting etc, but Mum stayed with me & I was allowed to watch her, but do do myself. I’d forgotten how hard that is.

I am looking forward to being allowed to drive, also being able to dice an onion, frozen bag in the shopping list (thanks @Amy in the US), but I do prefer fresh.

I’m going to attempt chicken & chips tonight, but I can’t do Simple so I was thinking of basting in garlic butter, not positive I have fresh garlic, but I do have frozen, so it’ll have to do

That should deter visitors lol

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
0CAF577D-8936-489D-8E16-99F3A31E22CD.jpeg
Obviously an all day drink

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m getting there @2jays, just frustrated at what I can’t do. I managed garlic chicken last night, I’m settling for ribs tonight, throw in the microwave & eat with fingers. My style of cooking this week lol

However .... I did good

I walked pooch round a very short & cold block, then after a shower I braved the elements again. Walked into town & started on the charity shop round. I found a collapsible four wheeled walker with seat, nearly bit the lady’s hand off .. £15!!!

I hit my Fitbit step target before I’d even done all the shops, yay, go me. I did indulge in a taxi home as I had the walker & one handed might not be safe. My excuse & I'm sticking to it

I’ve settled with a coffee, but now have to get up again, I forgot the sugar :-(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Love a bargain !! £15 is good.

When I asked the price, she said, it had been put aside for someone but it was over a week & they’d not been back. The other lady was going to pay fif..... errr ...(I’m thinking oh no, fifty) .. then she said .. fifteen

Bargain. Well happy.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Ha! Your tale reminds me of when I bought a kitchen table years ago. I liked one in habitat but it was £300 a bit above my budget. Then I found just what I was looking for in a shop in Herne Bay. I asked the price and the shop keeper said 1195. He said the numbers one after the other, like that. Wow, I said, that’s a lot for a table. Well, I don’t know what you expect, he said.
Over one thousand pounds is an awful lot of money, I said.
A thousand pounds? , he replied. I s s said 1 ..9...5.
Ooh, a bargain, I said. I will have it.
Unfortunate stutter he had. I wonder how many sales he lost?!

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Just caught up again Sam so glad you'e had your op done, what a shock to you discovering it wasn't going to be done under local:eek:
It really is amazing how a person who is almost a stranger can be such a rock for u S really did come up trumps.
Do hope you can find a reasonably priced holiday you so deserve it can't guarantee sunshine but I can definitely promise you and your Mum and pooch a warm welcome when you get here with Poppet and I promise no pink fluffy handcuffs but I can promise lots of champagne and CM.
Sam I can empathise with you tucking your Mum into bed I feel I've been the Mum for the last 4 years now speaking to Mum as if she was a baby.
Mums not been great lately and definitely taken a downturn just sat all day with her head down and eating and drinking very little,and also had the diarrhoea back now for four days, it breaks my heart to see her this way so precious when she gives you a smile which sometimes seems such an effort to do.
Sam the carers are great but I would have loved a lie in this morning. Mum had finally gone into a deep sleep after spending all night gibbering away talking to her Mummy,Daddy and siblings and her arms reaching out in bed, I was thinking they were all there in the end coming to see Mum. :eek:
I had to get up as first carer was due at 9am :(

Welcome home Slugsta hope you had a fabulous cruise.

Hope everybody has a peaceful evening and Sam make sure you get the proper rest just take it easy for a little while :D:D:DI know easier said than done.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
.... Sam make sure you get the proper rest just take it easy for a little while :D:D:DI know easier said than done.

Evening @rosy18

I was struggling trying to make mums bed & S popped in on her way home from work, ran the hoover round, while I mopped the kitchen floor. I was so grateful I hugged her lol

I’m looking forward to getting my hand back, more practice in Poppet & then driving off. It’ll be nice to drive up, walk in, chat & mooch, then walk out to sleep. No unpacking. No stress. No worries about her finding the loo etc. I don’t mind driving at night, so if I’m too liberal with the CM, I can process it during the day & drive off later lol. I’m looking forward to visiting Blackpool, who knows, @Margi29 might join us & we can girly chat, while our mums chat. Mumbles love that, she can play nurse to your Mum, like she did in hospital to the other ladies on her ward!!

Ive been thinking today, about Mum, the disease & my health. I think we get drip drip dripped into it, so many tiny changes, that we sort of don’t notice until we have to stop for one reason or another. Then it’s a shock to realise just how things have changed. Tucking Mum into bed, turning off her light & making sure she has clear walk way to the bathroom is second nature, but a year ago if I’d suddenly had to do it, I’d have felt very strange doing it. The Fitbit tells me it’s months since I had over 5 hours sleep. It seems normal to me now, in fact getting 7 1/2 hours sleep on Friday was strange. I feel I could take in the world after so much sleep.

I do appreciate the carers, but I wish I could have a lie in, especially on those nights when I’m still wide awake at 03.00. Some look at me like I’m the laziest person on earth as I stagger around, obviously just git up, while others tell me they could not do it 24/7. Professional experienced carers saying I’m doing well is a high boost, looking at me like I’m useless is not :-(

I am trying to rest, it’s jyst not easy as everything takes 3 times as long to do

Say hi to your mum from me :)