The test thread

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I reported it.
The report was to alert admin/mods to something not related to my post,but to something else that did not have an associated post.
As soon as I had made the report I realised that I need not have made a new post, I should have just used an existing one.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I reported it.
The report was to alert admin/mods to something not related to my post,but to something else that did not have an associated post.
As soon as I had made the report I realised that I need not have made a new post, I should have just used an existing one.
Want to run that past us again?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Want to run that past us again?

Yup - with emphasis

I reported it.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Yup - with emphasis

I reported it.
Please don’t. My ears are ringing!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Just trying!

No prizes for guessing where it is!
959FBB10-E9E1-4722-8BBB-C62D83CF996A.jpeg

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
You’re as close as you would be if you said Manchester! Last time I was in Nottingham was to watch one day of a Test Match in the late 1970s!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
On a line orthogonal to the line joining Manchester and Nottingham and bisecting that line.

I'll have a look on a map.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Unsure if this where to say but the 'watched thread' function seems a bit flaky lately. I have a few marked for alert but not email.

One thing I wondered is whether it doesn't work if you are logged in and/or responding to another thread at the time?

It's still useful to look in the list for the eye symbol but thought worth a mention.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Unsure if this where to say but the 'watched thread' function seems a bit flaky lately. I have a few marked for alert but not email.

Not just lately, it's never worked for me.

Several others have commented on it's inconsistency.

Unwatching and then watching again can fix it for a while, best do it on the threads as https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/watched/threads/all has it's own failings.

I've been round all the logged on/logged off, logged on with two systems, trying both heavily used threads and others in case system could not send out multiple alerts all to no effect.

After the switch it was requested that problems were reported on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/faqs.104329/
As far as I know this is still the place so that problems can be analysed, collated, and hopefully solved.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I keep getting 'you must wait 4 seconds before you take this action' if I hit 'reply' immediately after typing, typically on a one word reply to 'change one letter in 5'

I first tried a one word post here and did not get the message. Have edited to explain post.

If it happens again I'll try and get a screengrab before it vanishes.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just testing https://www.bbc.co.uk/news to see if it works

Yup - it does link did not open

Inline code on 'insert' dropdown