Beaten by a Chest Infection

Kale-and-mash

Nov 4, 2017
I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's passing, technotronic. It must be such a shock. I wish you much strength in the time ahead. I lost a dear friend many years ago and someone said "Those we love don't leave us when they pass away, instead they move into our hearts and there they stay". To me that feels like the memories and love of and from my friend are in my heart and I find it comforting.
Kale-and-mash

technotronic

Jun 14, 2014
Thank you all for your kind thoughts n condolences on the loss of my wife. I do miss her very much n feel so alone now but is a blessing she's at peace now

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you all for your kind thoughts n condolences on the loss of my wife. I do miss her very much n feel so alone now but is a blessing she's at peace now

I do hope you keep visiting TP. I found the support I got here invaluable after my husband died.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
During the night the doctor informed me that the antibiotics weren't working n they were just going to make her comfortable.

This is similar to what happened to my husband @technotronic. He had aspiration pneumonia, was hospitalised twice and the second time the doctors told me the antibiotics were no longer working .

We did manage to get him back to the care home where he was put on palliative care and died after a couple of weeks.

I'm so sorry your wife had to endure two hospital stays but hope you can accept the best possible was done to help her.

Sammie234

Oct 7, 2016
Shropshire
I’m so sorry to hear this it would have been an awful shock to you especially so soon after she came home. Sincere condolences, my thoughts are with you.:(

technotronic

Jun 14, 2014
Hello, how are you?
How has the week been for you.
I am fine at the moment thank you, but each day has at times been a tearful one since she passed away. Certain things that I remember make me want to cry so much wherever I am. Thursday it was in Tesco's car park sitting in the car alone after doing shopping, something we always did together. I know it will be like this for sometime to come as she was a very special person that I loved very much who totally filled my life with love n happiness n I shall miss her forever

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I am fine at the moment thank you, but each day has at times been a tearful one since she passed away. Certain things that I remember make me want to cry so much wherever I am. Thursday it was in Tesco's car park sitting in the car alone after doing shopping, something we always did together. I know it will be like this for sometime to come as she was a very special person that I loved very much who totally filled my life with love n happiness n I shall miss her forever
It's very early days, technotronic. Those tearful times are bound to come, and so they should. I remember twice, several months after my husband died, having to flee Tesco in tears. The first time, I had happened to catch sight of the Ski Lemon Meringue Mousse that I used to buy for him. I had to hide some of his medication in food, and also, try and get him to eat something no matter what, and he loved those mousses! The second time was as I passed the Ice Cream freezer, and caught sight of his favourite ice cream. Their own brand Cherrylicious. I used to buy four to five litres of that a week, just for William! Even this year, over two years since his death, I got caught out when I saw lovely men's cardi's in a shop and immediately thought "Oh great! That will be perfect!" before realising that I didn't need to buy him one. But this time, although tears threatened, it wasn't nearly so bad.

It's not so much that we "get over" the loss, technotronic, it's more I think that we develop scar tissue over the wound, so that it's not so very raw and painful.

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London

How wonderful to have such a truly special person in your life. I’m sure you have beautiful memories to treasure forever and ever.