Thank you and very happy Christmas to all running Memory Cafes

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Not sure where I should post this. If anyone is reading who runs a carer support group or a memory café then you are all appreciated.

We have been to a music memories café and concert on Monday, I went to carers support group lunch yesterday and we were at a memory café today. From not looking forward to Christmas I have had a thoroughly enjoyable few days, my OH sang along and smiled so much it made me decide it's not such a bad time of year. There was food, pottery and a couple of wee presents today all funded by a support charity who als part funded yesterdays carers lunch.
So, thanks again to the Alzheimer's society, the churches, the carers support centre, the dementia navigators and everyone who lays on these events. I hope you all have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year, you've earned it. :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a lovely post Rob. I'm glad you and C have had a good time. Merry Christmas.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
What a nice testimonial, @nae sporran, and good to hear you both enjoyed yourself.

It's not quite the same, as my mother is in a care home, but last week was the Christmas dinner and party for all the residents. The fellow engaged to play Father Christmas, for the second year, does an amazing job and is especially good with all the residents on the dementia wing.

I found out yesterday that his son, came back to the care home with gifts for every resident, and also dressed as Father Christmas to deliver them. I was quite touched.

Hope you don't mind this story in your thread. I can move it if you prefer.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
What a nice testimonial, @nae sporran, and good to hear you both enjoyed yourself.

It's not quite the same, as my mother is in a care home, but last week was the Christmas dinner and party for all the residents. The fellow engaged to play Father Christmas, for the second year, does an amazing job and is especially good with all the residents on the dementia wing.

I found out yesterday that his son, came back to the care home with gifts for every resident, and also dressed as Father Christmas to deliver them. I was quite touched.

Hope you don't mind this story in your thread. I can move it if you prefer.

No, don't move it Amy. It's lovely to read of your mother's happy Christmas party. Have a good Christmas yourself if you can.