46 diagnosed with altzeimers

lootalot

Jun 30, 2014
Hi im paul 46 and have been diagnosed with altzeimers on wednesday just gone. In my recent post you will see i cared for my mom with dementia whos settled in a home now.... anyway i have no idea what to do next i am on medication to slow it down me and my wife are still in shock and uncertain what the future holds

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Hello again paul. I'm so sorry to hear your diagnosis. I'm sure you and your wife are in shock. All you can do is take it one day at a time, and think of it as that things are exactly the same now as they were the day before you were diagnosed. The only real difference is that now, you know. And also, on a practical note, in order that you retain some control in the future, this is the time for you and your wife to get things like your Wills and power of Attorney sorted out. And do keep posting here, if you'd like to. You will find lots of support, and information.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry Paul but pleased you have found Talking Point. If you can get help and support anywhere it will be here.

Please do as Izzy suggested and phone the Helpline. You have nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain which will be of help for you and your wife.

lootalot

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks i was a member of this board before as u see from my posts i cared for mam for 2 years with dememntia she has been in a home now for about 3 years. And now me. The only good thing i can see is that i know altzeimers is different from my mams dementia but i know what a strain it will put on my family something which i cant let happen i have rang the helpline they are contacting someone in my area who will be intouch this week and come speak with me

Sammie234

Oct 7, 2016
Shropshire
Hello Paul,
Sorry to hear about your diagnoses but you now know where to get help especially to know what to do and where to go good luck and keep posting