Internet Connectivity: Wi-Fi MPN: MPGT2B/A
Carrier: Not Applicable Colour: Gold
Storage Capacity: 32GB Type: Tablet
Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Operating System: iOS Processor: Dual Core

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just noticed that when creating a new thread 'Create Thread' appears twice, I can't recollect the lower one being there in the past, I may be wrong.

It doesn't matter as they both work although it could lead to confusion with new members.

2017-10-18_141534.png

EDIT
Just checked, both 'create threads' are on the help video.
The written quick guide does not show the lower one, the image may have been cropped.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Re

'Did you know?
If you click on the message author's username, you can tag the author.'

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/chat/help

I've known for a long time that if you click on the username you get the member's Profile Page and don't tag them.

I've just found out that if you click the @ in front of the name you get a box inviting you to tag them.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This is what has been happening to me too and I’ve posted about it a number of times, including the conversation with Chemmy on the Test thread.
Oddly enough it didn’t happen - or at least didn’t seem to be a problem - during those weeks when we were doing the testing. That is very strange.
I’m not sure that the resolution can be changed on iPads. Mine is an IPad Air 2. Mine is the full size.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
This is what has been happening to me too and I’ve posted about it a number of times, including the conversation with Chemmy on the Test thread.
Oddly enough it didn’t happen - or at least didn’t seem to be a problem - during those weeks when we were doing the testing. That is very strange.
I’m not sure that the resolution can be changed on iPads. Mine is an IPad Air 2. Mine is the full size.

My comment was specific to the help file in chat.

In other areas I find the best way to click on the dropdown after typing start of username is to click on the avatar or space where the avatar would be, otherwise it might not take.
If I get annoyed and double click and the first click takes the second one in several cases hits 'bold' on the format bar causing a useless [ B] [ /B] (spaces inserted so it would show).
It was like this in testing, I just took it as par for the course not wanting to get further involved in clicking, double clicking, hovering, tapping, and double tapping.

You can't change the resolution on iPads. I was wondering whether resolution could be the clue to solving why Mark cannot repeat the problem that some members have.
It would be interesting to hear of other members experiences.
For details of the problem see https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/faqs.104329/page-10#post-1457259 et seq

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
My comment was specific to the help file in chat.

In other areas I find the best way to click on the dropdown after typing start of username is to click on the avatar or space where the avatar would be, otherwise it might not take.
If I get annoyed and double click and the first click takes the second one in several cases hits 'bold' on the format bar causing a useless [ B] [ /B] (spaces inserted so it would show).
It was like this in testing, I just took it as par for the course not wanting to get further involved in clicking, double clicking, hovering, tapping, and double tapping.

You can't change the resolution on iPads. I was wondering whether resolution could be the clue to solving why Mark cannot repeat the problem that some members have.
It would be interesting to hear of other members experiences.
For details of the problem see https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/faqs.104329/page-10#post-1457259 et seq

I wasn’t actually replying to your post Nitram but was posting in reference to the problem Sam highlighted about iPads and the dropdown from the top bar interfering when writing posts. It was the same conversation. I had with Chemmy before so thought it worth mentioning.

This is not related to Chat where as you know I have another problem which may or may not be related to the iPad.

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've just found out that if you click the @ in front of the name you get a box inviting you to tag

Where have you been Nitram and where were you during our weeks of testing?
This is the method I’ve used since the start!

Apologies for editing. My internet keeps failing. It is still very windy here!

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Where have you been Nitram and where were you during our weeks of testing?
This is the method I’ve used since the start!

Unfortunately I have been following the instructions in the help file
and clicking on 'the message author's username' which brings up the member's profile.
One member of staff was doing the same and decided that the instruction could not be removed and would have to remain.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Unfortunately I have been following the instructions in the help file
and clicking on 'the message author's username' which brings up the member's profile.
One member of staff was doing the same and decided that the instruction could not be removed and would have to remain.
Sorry Nitram. Please see edited post. The wrong part of your post was quoted. I did edit and change this before I left to walk the dog but it obviously didn’t go through.
@nitram
The @ and starting the name to bring up the avatar was what Inwas referring to.
I don’t think I’ve experienced the other thing you mentioned.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The wrong part of your post was quoted. I did edit and change this before I left to walk the dog but it obviously didn’t go through.

Strange, your edit was 13 minutes before my post.
If I have been in a thread for any length of time I always refresh the browser to catch any later posts.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Strange, your edit was 13 minutes before my post.
If I have been in a thread for any length of time I always refresh the browser to catch any later posts.
The edit was written and then I walked the dog but when I returned I saw that the edit hadn’t appeared as my internet had gone. I had already edited twice as I realised the error straight away but and neither could go s the Internet was down! Frustrating. Been a bit of a fraught morning one way and another.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Has anybody else noticed that at the bottom of all quotes, full or partial, a bar with two arrows
2017-11-02_174100.png

has appeared.
No apparent difference in functionality, just an interesting change, clicking on the arrows has no effect.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just checked.
I only get it on Chrome 62.0.3202.75 (64 bit), not Firefox or Edge
W10 1709

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
lost track of if this is the right place to post this

I have a few (only about 6) watched threads. I get alerts sometimes when there are items posted and sometimes not. I thought the purpose of a watched thread was to get an alert when someone posted?

And no I am not seeing that bar @nitram - and I am on a PC using Chrome and W10