Grumpy OH

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh - @margherita - how awful! I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been awful for you. I do hope you manage to get some rest tonight.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Oh - @margherita - how awful! I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been awful for you. I do hope you manage to get some rest tonight.
It was something I thought would happen one day or another. Our house is quite isolated and I had heard of burglaries in our area.
My husband has some valuable objects, but they did not even notice them.
The only thing they wanted was money and jewels.
I suppose they were watching us and waiting for us to go out.

Good night to you Izzy.
Hope your leg is better

margherita

May 30, 2017
That's awful @margherita. It's a horrible feeling when you've had intruders in your house.
I hope you manage to get a decent night's sleep x

As you say it is the intrusion that is more disturbing and the idea that these burglars can do what they want when they want. The police don't care..
When we went to report the theft, they told us to come tomorrow because they had no time....and the office was empty

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
As you say it is the intrusion that is more disturbing and the idea that these burglars can do what they want when they want. The police don't care..
When we went to report the theft, they told us to come tomorrow because they had no time....and the office was empty
Oh, Margherita....I'm glad I checked this evening. I am so sorry...what a horrible thing to happen. Stupid police. I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep. Much love x x

Everton Annie

Feb 25, 2015
Hatfield Hertfordshire
How horrible for you both @margherita. It feels so invasive and another thing to get through. I hope you are OK and manage a good night's sleep.

I have had quite a bizarre day today. I have been the cook, the cleaner, the gardener, the dog walker and the shower lady. I have been told what each of these people have done and how well they did or didn't do it. And I wasn't the drinker tonight! No Ned or The Doctors tonight but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Peaceful night all

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi MIA OH yes I forgot about you sorting SIL finances. You certainly have plenty on the go with that & packing as well. Busy busy . You will be shattered tonight hope you treat yourself too a big glass of well deserved wine. .Oh yes your granddaughter bless her I bet she can't wait either to get home. She will be exhausted in that heat. Don't be overdoing it MIA56 take care speak soon. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
I'm tired tonight, but it is not my husband's fault.
This morning we went out at about 11.00am and when we got back two hours later, we found that burglars had visited our home
It was a mess, things everywhere. They were looking for money and jewels, but we keep neither of them in the house. So, they stole 50 € and went away, after searching drawers, cupboards, book-cases and even the refrigerator...
I spent the whole afternoon tidying up and now I am in bed.
Hope I can have a good night's sleep.

Goodnight to you all
OH Margherita so sorry to hear you had burglars. How horrible to think of someone searching through your possessions absolutely dreadful. I hope also that you can have a goodnights sleep. Thinking of you & sending ((( ))) hugs. Take care ....

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
@margharita - so sorry to hear your disturbing news and do hope you're ok - it's the intrusion that's horrid isn't it - thinking of of you xx

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Hi Everyone, have been reading but not posting. Sorry to hear about your burglary Margherita - just what you need on top of caring. My time is still being spent sorting years of shed hoarding. I know the correct place for everything at our recycling centre. Find it so strange that OH will just sit and watch me carrying stuff and loading the car. He is not the man I married. Our house sold immediately but still have to find a new place. Am going up to look at a few next week. More sorting needed before I can get on to packing.

Not much sleep last night as OH decided to get up and dressed in yesterday's clothes at about 2.30. then got back into bed. Too much going on in my head to get back to sleep. He was very reluctant to undress and shower/shave this morning and I said something along the lines of "Lets not have a horrible day" and he replied "Every day is a horrible day with you." So hurtful. Left me wondering why I bother. Next time he sees me he says "You alright love?"

margherita

May 30, 2017
Hi, MIA, I do not feel my husband' s house as my home.
Anyway now it is back in order.
It is a house full of things, too full. My husband seems unable to give up any object, he loves each of them. Easier to love things..

Last edited by a moderator:

margherita

May 30, 2017
How horrible for you both @margherita. It feels so invasive and another thing to get through. I hope you are OK and manage a good night's sleep.

I have had quite a bizarre day today. I have been the cook, the cleaner, the gardener, the dog walker and the shower lady. I have been told what each of these people have done and how well they did or didn't do it. And I wasn't the drinker tonight! No Ned or The Doctors tonight but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Peaceful night all
The dog walker is the role I'd like most :)
I do not like cleaning , even if I can't help doing it. I don't mind cooking, but my husband is becoming fastidious about food...and rest. I should have said "more fastidious than before":(

margherita

May 30, 2017
OH Margherita so sorry to hear you had burglars. How horrible to think of someone searching through your possessions absolutely dreadful. I hope also that you can have a goodnights sleep. Thinking of you & sending ((( ))) hugs. Take care ....
Hi Beads, life goes on
New problems today. My husband can't find his bunch of keys and seems to have lost his new glasses (made last month after he could not find the previous ones)

margherita

May 30, 2017
Hi Everyone, have been reading but not posting. Sorry to hear about your burglary Margherita - just what you need on top of caring. My time is still being spent sorting years of shed hoarding. I know the correct place for everything at our recycling centre. Find it so strange that OH will just sit and watch me carrying stuff and loading the car. He is not the man I married. Our house sold immediately but still have to find a new place. Am going up to look at a few next week. More sorting needed before I can get on to packing.

Not much sleep last night as OH decided to get up and dressed in yesterday's clothes at about 2.30. then got back into bed. Too much going on in my head to get back to sleep. He was very reluctant to undress and shower/shave this morning and I said something along the lines of "Lets not have a horrible day" and he replied "Every day is a horrible day with you." So hurtful. Left me wondering why I bother. Next time he sees me he says "You alright love?"
My husbands has a problem with hoarding things, I think. He can't part from them, which happens to those who love objects more than living beings

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Beads, life goes on
New problems today. My husband can't find his bunch of keys and seems to have lost his new glasses (made last month after he could not find the previous ones)
Morning margherita hope you slept well, oooh the key drama been there so many times I can't count. !!!! Think this is one of many ie money /wallet /keys /watch/glasses. Have you managed to find either. OH also stuffs his pockets with empty loo roll the cardboard bit, any kind of paper off biscuits , crisp packets OH I could go on forever. I can hear him rustling as he walks by. I say to him let's empty your pockets . "What you talking about I've got nothing in them". Oh ok .I throw all out when I wash his clothes otherwise my washer would be full of rubbish. Hope you have a quiet weekend , the weather here is grim . Think the forecast said we forecast storms. Speak soon take care......

Beads

Jul 19, 2017

Hi rhubarbtree ,The hoarding is horrendous isn't it. My OH has always hoarded. He would never throw a nail away ,he used to say you never know when I might need that. Our loft is full of years of hoarding. If we ever moved I would need numerous skips to get rid. I have in the past binned stuff & he has seen it & taken it back out . Not nice. Now when I bin anything I tend to hide it under stuff so it can't be seen. What you have to do. They are so fickle aren't they. Yes the remarks they make are hurtful & im the same you wonder why you bother. As I've said previous it's out of sense of duty with me. Hope you manage to get she'd sorted...bfn....

john1939

Sep 21, 2017
Newtownabbey
My husbands has a problem with hoarding things, I think. He can't part from them, which happens to those who love objects more than living beings
Hello, bin the stuff the night before they are lifted. That's what I had to do.My wife would frequently check the bin to see if I had thrown away anything"useful" like plastic food containers odd cardboard packaging.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Hello, bin the stuff the night before they are lifted. That's what I had to do.My wife would frequently check the bin to see if I had thrown away anything"useful" like plastic food containers odd cardboard packaging.
Hi John,
my husband's favourite sentence is " You never Know..it might be useful"
I hate having too many things. My 40-year-old son says "All I really need can be contained in a bag". I completely agree

margherita

May 30, 2017
Morning margherita hope you slept well, oooh the key drama been there so many times I can't count. !!!! Think this is one of many ie money /wallet /keys /watch/glasses. Have you managed to find either. OH also stuffs his pockets with empty loo roll the cardboard bit, any kind of paper off biscuits , crisp packets OH I could go on forever. I can hear him rustling as he walks by. I say to him let's empty your pockets . "What you talking about I've got nothing in them". Oh ok .I throw all out when I wash his clothes otherwise my washer would be full of rubbish. Hope you have a quiet weekend , the weather here is grim . Think the forecast said we forecast storms. Speak soon take care......
It is summer here. I have just been lying in the sun, but it was too hot.
In a few minutes I'll be going for a walk in the country around the house. I want to pick small branches and other stuff with which I will make Christmas wreaths

Last edited: