Buying clothes,where from?

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Have recently used Chums, online site for trousers for my mum. They do different lengths etc. Sizes come up quite large as I found out, but they have a good returns/exchange policy. Georgina

whitehead1976

Dec 22, 2016
Nottingham
Have recently used Chums, online site for trousers for my mum. They do different lengths etc. Sizes come up quite large as I found out, but they have a good returns/exchange policy. Georgina
Hi Georgina was teh quality ok,I have just had a quick look and the prices are keen,and as you said a good range of differing lengths,I shall measure my mums inside leg today

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Another good shop/site is Bon Marche..... they cater for shorter sizes too and most of their stuff is easy- wash They are also cheap enough to be able to buy a variety... especially during the regular sale events.

Kazzala

Aug 15, 2017
Hello, I buy trousers for my mother from Bon Marche - she's 84 and is just under 5ft tall - the 25" trousers fit her perfectly. Always a good choice of lengths and colours, they have elasticated waists so are easy to put on. They wash well and need minimum ironing which is always a plus! Bon Marche is on-line and they have shops in most high streets. Good luck.

whitehead1976

Dec 22, 2016
Nottingham
Hello, I buy trousers for my mother from Bon Marche - she's 84 and is just under 5ft tall - the 25" trousers fit her perfectly. Always a good choice of lengths and colours, they have elasticated waists so are easy to put on. They wash well and need minimum ironing which is always a plus! Bon Marche is on-line and they have shops in most high streets. Good luck.
Thanks I will have a look online,just used the store locator and I haven't got one near me unfortunately

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Georgina was teh quality ok,I have just had a quick look and the prices are keen,and as you said a good range of differing lengths,I shall measure my mums inside leg today
Pretty good I think. I saw Mum wearing a pair yesterday and they looked smart. I originally bought a size 12 which I would say was larger than a 12 (probably an old fashioned 12!) so exchanged for size 10s. I have also bought from Cotton Traders, but Chums have a greater choice of jersey type trousers. Also worth a google on offers as they often offer 10% or similar off. Good luck! Gx

whitehead1976

Dec 22, 2016
Nottingham
Hello people I managed to get to Marks and Spencers at the weekend and had a quick shop,I appreciated your help and would like to let you know how I got on,my mind was a blank when I got there and forgot to mention the classic collection,but I did manage to find a member of staff and she helped me though my shop.
I purchased a nice light pink nightie,a super soft comfort top and got the matching bottoms both in a mauve colour,that are fine for bedwear and look like lounge wear for the day,I also purchased a simple pair of comfy grey jogging bottoms.
It made me feel good to get my mum some nice things and she was very pleased, it made her day,I buy quite a lot of her other clothes from Ebay if they are advertised as nearly new and have always been pleased,I go for brands were I have a grasp of the correct sizing for my mum and stick to them,mostly Next.
Thanks for your help,and I'm pleased to be able to get back to you and share my progress as a shopper.

DollyBird16

Sep 5, 2017
Greater London
Hi, ooh I do love a shop.
M&s do sleeved thermal vests in a good range of colours, they look like tops and are lovely and soft, they are called Heatgen - stretchy but I always go up a size or two.
Sainsbury's TU clothing often has elastic waist stuff and at good price.

MrsMoose

Oct 1, 2014
I'd be interested to know about people's experiences shopping for men.

My 96 year old father in law has always preferred more formal clothes and would regard elasticated trousers with horror. He too feels the cold but has ruined all his woollen jumpers by spilling food/cooking fat on them, then hiding them away. He does have help with personal care now but everything needs to be machine washable. I think what's needed is a sort of compromise between traditional menswear and stuff that can easily be cleaned. Again he's very small. I don't think he can ever have been more than, say, 5 foot 3 or 4. But now he's shrunk. (In a way clothes for older male children would be a better fit, except that hoodies and jeans aren't appropriate!)

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Just a thought MrsMoose. If your dad is small enough for older boys clothing would the school uniform department a supermarket have the sort of things you're looking for? The colours are a bit restricted but grey and navy are normally available and they're guaranteed washable.

MrsMoose

Oct 1, 2014
Just a thought MrsMoose. If your dad is small enough for older boys clothing would the school uniform department a supermarket have the sort of things you're looking for? The colours are a bit restricted but grey and navy are normally available and they're guaranteed washable.

Brilliant idea! We don't have any really big supermarkets near us - but it's worth trying online.

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
I get some stuff for my mum from Sainsburys! She likes dresses and they have had some in that are suitable for her recently.