The test thread

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I posted on so bizarre and it's Monday threads on monday morning and neither are coming up on my 'your content' list of postings
I tend to follow up posts I have made by going to my posts so will be lost if this doesn't work

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I have the same. All of today's posts show up in my content page and then there is a five month gap back to April. All the posts in between are there, they just don't show up on that page, which is bizarre.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I must be really thick or like you Izzy, tired, and should forget it tonight! It is about photos...

First, when I click on a thumbnail of someone's photo to see the larger one, I cannot see a way to return to the post. I have to close the usual way - red cross top right - and am off TP so have to start again from scratch. What am I missing?

I don't like the thumbnails. After reading Beate's post I checked my thread and was dismayed to see all my photos are, like hers, now thumbnails.

Do you have to have a photo album on TP before you can post a normal sized photo? Apart from a few there my photos are in Pictures folder on my laptop.

When I first came on late afternoon as I said on the Chat thread I tried to put a photo in a post on my thread without success. But went back and did do it and a normal sized photo appeared on my thread. Then I deleted it (meal time!).

Now from what I gather reading here this wont happen. I thought it quicker than previously.

View attachment 56569

I did this photo by clicking on More Options then Upload a File. A thumbnail appeared with the option of Thumbnail or Full lmage - so I clicked on the latter- naturally! ;) But it still came up as a thumbnail. :confused:

Now I am too tired and perhaps I need to re-read with more care what has been written about photos.
Loo
I must be really thick or like you Izzy, tired, and should forget it tonight! It is about photos...

First, when I click on a thumbnail of someone's photo to see the larger one, I cannot see a way to return to the post. I have to close the usual way - red cross top right - and am off TP so have to start again from scratch. What am I missing?

I don't like the thumbnails. After reading Beate's post I checked my thread and was dismayed to see all my photos are, like hers, now thumbnails.

Do you have to have a photo album on TP before you can post a normal sized photo? Apart from a few there my photos are in Pictures folder on my laptop.

When I first came on late afternoon as I said on the Chat thread I tried to put a photo in a post on my thread without success. But went back and did do it and a normal sized photo appeared on my thread. Then I deleted it (meal time!).

Now from what I gather reading here this wont happen. I thought it quicker than previously.

View attachment 56569

I did this photo by clicking on More Options then Upload a File. A thumbnail appeared with the option of Thumbnail or Full lmage - so I clicked on the latter- naturally! ;) But it still came up as a thumbnail. :confused:

Now I am too tired and perhaps I need to re-read with more care what has been written about photos.
Loo

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Loo, the ' full image ' not working is a glitch which is known to admin and they will fix it eventually.
If you want an alternative way of inserting an image - though not full sized it is larger, then
use the 4th icon along to the right from the smilie face above and it will insert a photo and via the 'information tag' a link to your other photos in any one album
To create an album. Go to Media on top - add media and create an album then add your photos to it.
Make sure you make the album 'Members only' as if 'Owner only' they won't be able to be seen by other even within a post.
Hope this helps.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'll be glad to get my desk top back today. I'm struggling with my iPad and wonder if it's just me.

I've reduced the brightness/glare but don't seem able to increase the size of the font permanently. At the moment I'm using a magnifier.

I'm just thinking of others who have difficulty sight wise.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'll be glad to get my desk top back today. I'm struggling with my iPad and wonder if it's just me.

I've reduced the brightness/glare but don't seem able to increase the size of the font permanently. At the moment I'm using a magnifier.

I'm just thinking of others who have difficulty sight wise.

Is it the desktop that you want to increase the font size on?

EDIT

Just read your post again, it's the iPad as you have not got your desktop back yet

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes nitram . I'm struggling with the iPad.

I'll not panic yet. I'll wait till my desktops back and then I'll be able to sort it hopefully. I've just enlarged the font to 5 but it remains to be seen if it helps

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Loopiloo

As a work around until the full screen bug is fixed you can simple copy a displayed image and paste into the text box, this

full

was copied from a image in my album and then pasted in the text.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Yes nitram . I'm struggling with the iPad.

I'll not panic yet. I'll wait till my desktops back and then I'll be able to sort it hopefully. I've just enlarged the font to 5 but it remains to be seen if it helps

Can you do white on black on the iPad?
This sometimes helps.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@ itr
@Loopiloo

As a work around until the full screen bug is fixed you can simple copy a displayed image and paste into the text box, this

full

was copied from a image in my album and then pasted in the text.

Nice to see you've found your bell Nitram. It appears to have aged and so is somewhat faded though!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Not sure if you got an answer or sorted it out yourself, here's how
2017-09-27_083934_cr.png

You can click to enlarge.

I got a full size image by uploading it to http://postimages.org/ (free no need to join) to get a URL

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@ itr

Nice to see you've found your bell Nitram. It appears to have aged and so is somewhat faded though!

Only the cognoscenti will know about the vanishing Hyacinthoides non-scripta

I'm quite used to being called nitrate and nitrite, am I going to add itr to the list?

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Is this any easier for me to add photos as I'd given up trying to do it from my iPad!
Oh it is so much easier, I see the glitch about displaying full size for now.

Last edited: