The test thread

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

If you'd like to test anything on the new software - this is the thread for you!

You could try bold or underline

Adding an image

logo small.jpg

Mentioning someone e.g. @SerenaS

Adding a smilie :cool:

---

Hope this is a helpful place to practice things!

Serena :)

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Great idea @SerenaS (And yes the options come up after one has typed a few letters :). Be careful you click on the missing part though or it doesn't work. :( Happened to me many a time on another site with a similar layout and platform.)

Hmm! What about a picture? Cup of tea anyone?
N B Hint for others. You need to have a space between the picture and your next lot of typing or else it turns blue. There is a change font colour option in the list though- which I used here.:) The 'icon looks 'a little' like an upturned paint can. Well that's the best description I can come up with.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
IMG_2863.JPG Ooh, I love the colours! And the underlining. Hang on....my colours disappeared and I can't get rid of the underling
How can I....oh...underlining gone. Phew...and now I just need to work the colours out again. Nope...no luck with the colour. :(
A picture?
Yeah! It is in the wrong place....but I did it!

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
A picture?
Yeah! It is in the wrong place....but I did it!
Sometimes what they used to refer to as 'walking the dog' works. i e using the space bar to move the picture to start where you want it. Mind you sometimes when it posts it reverts to back.

Let's try Yes it works now. Will it when I post?

No only partially. In my 'preview it shows a big gap between Let's try and the picture, which doesn't translate when I post. :(

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
IMG_2493.JPG
I'm not sure what happened to the colours though. This was supposed to be red, and looks ghostly grey!
I ...ooh, red!! And green. And purple! And now for a photo in the right place....

It's not letting me upload one at all at the moment...
Well I did it...but I wanted the text first. I'm using an iPad, so don't think I can move it with a space bar

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
@nitram....I did move the cursor first..I will play some more. I tried to add one full size this time...not a thumbnail. None of it really matters though...I'm just playing!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@nitram....I did move the cursor first..I will play some more. I tried to add one full size this time...not a thumbnail. None of it really matters though...I'm just playing!

Unless things have changed full size is not working, it becomes a thumbnail even if it shows as full size in preview.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Unless things have changed full size is not working, it becomes a thumbnail even if it shows as full size in preview.
Oh! But lemonjuice put a full size picture of her tea! I will have to play more later....time to leave for choir!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
From URL full size is OK
From system there is a bug, full size defaults to thumbnail

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Yeah, you seem to have an option between posting as thumbnail or full picture but while you can see the full picture in the preview, it goes small when posted. You can click on it to see it bigger but I preferred to see the big picture straight away. Incidentally, I checked my own thread and all pictures I ever posted in there now seem to be thumbnails. It looks hideous.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Yeah, you seem to have an option between posting as thumbnail or full picture but while you can see the full picture in the preview, it goes small when posted. You can click on it to see it bigger but I preferred to see the big picture straight away. Incidentally, I checked my own thread and all pictures I ever posted in there now seem to be thumbnails. It looks hideous.

It's a glitch.
It was not like that in the early days of testing.
Give it time.
Look at the overall improvements.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I wonder how lemon juice posted a full size image in post #2?
Sketch (4).png

Yep, full size before pressing post reply, and now its a thumbnail.

I agree, @nitram , just a glitch to do with how you upload it. I think it's looking great.