Changes to Talking Point

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I've never logged out either, but three times this afternoon/ evening, I've had to log in! Have now pressed remember me, so am now hopeful I'll stay logged in.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
*Sniggers* We'll have to talk about everyone else too, instead of posting updates to them! ����

Oh Lady A! That's not in the spirit of the Meetup and retreats forum! :eek:
I think we may have to send a spy to check that you are abiding by the rules.:cool:
Just remembered that's not in the rules - so ok go ahead! :D
However, remember Charles Kingsley's 'Water Babies and Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby and her counterpart Mrs Bedonebyasyoudid - and beware the consequences!!!:rolleyes:

I think this has somehow departed from the original message of the thread.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Returning to the topic.

Some members may suffer withdrawal symptoms.

When do you plan to pull the plug, midnight or somewhat later?

Will members be able to obtain a quick fix before breakfast?

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Is there anywhere or anyhow you can keep people updated if, for example, it looks like you are going to overrun your estimated timescale? For example a web page we can visit for info

Mark_W

Sep 28, 2015
London
We'll have a "Talking Point is currently closed" page up at forum.alzheimers.org.uk and if we need to give you an update we'll put a note on there.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Returning to the topic.

Some members may suffer withdrawal symptoms.

When do you plan to pull the plug, midnight or somewhat later?

Will members be able to obtain a quick fix before breakfast?

That's a good question, nitram.

We're aiming to turn Talking Point 'off' at around 9am on Monday 25 September.

As Mark explained, there will be a message on the site which will direct people to the Helpline whilst we are unavailable.

Thanks,

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
This post is to bump this thread to the top of the the list of posts seen when people enter TP by clicking on 'Today's Posts'.

Entering TP this way means that they do not see a 'Global Announcement' and sticky post which are on all forums.

The announcement says that TP is going to be updated.

The update is major and means that the site will be unavailable for 24-36 hours starting at around 09.00 next Monday (25/09/17).

For more information go to the start of this thread
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/sho...alking-Point&p=1448516&viewfull=1#post1448516

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
This post is to bump this thread to the top of the the list of posts seen when people enter TP by clicking on 'Today's Posts'.

Entering TP this way means that they do not see a 'Global Announcement' and sticky post which are on all forums.

The update is major and means that the site will be unavailable for 24-36 hours starting at around 09.00 next Monday (25/09/17).

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/sho...alking-Point&p=1448516&viewfull=1#post1448516

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury