In need of a virtual hug

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
He's Home!

My beautiful boy is home! He was last seen on July 16th but today he was handed in to the RSPCA. They found me, through the microchip! He is very thin but ok. He is stuck to my side, like glue and can't stop purring!
So glad to be able to share some good news!

Really really pleased for you & puss!!

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Thanks, Moggymad! I still can't quite believe that he's home! He's my shadow. Wherever I go he's by my ankle!!!!

Hi Jenny , I'm sooooo pleases your boy is home where he belongs . See , it's true star they say .... never give up . I hope this happiness continues and you continue to smile ! I'm excited for your ballon flight experience . You must tell us all about it . Best wishes always my friend . Lou xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hello all.....I'm sorry I've not been around much lately... What a rubbish friend I have been to you all ...thank you rob for your message my dear friend....you have prompted me to pull myself together and come on and write this post....I'm so pleased for you that c has settled at day care and that you can get out walking....I know its only one day a week but at least you get a little time to yourself xx
Hello Lou....how are you doing...have you been absent too ? I hope everything is OK my dear friend xx
I'm doing a bit better than I was but still a long way from feeling my old self again....still not been to counselling, I just can't face going over everything again and getting upset
I had my appointment with the neurosurgeon last week...apparently my neck is in a bit of a mess with one large disc protrusion and two more small protrusions and also one between my shoulder blades....I have to go for spinal injections but the neurosurgeon hasn't ruled out more surgery ..he has advised me to be very careful and not to do anything that would put strain on my neck..
Going to go now...thanks again rob my friend for the pm
Will be in touch again soon....take care my friends xxx

Hi Gill . No wonder you have been in so much pain and been down . You must be in agony . I really hope the doctors can help you to feel some relief soon . I'm sorry I haven't been in touch but things are slowly getting better, my wee mum continues to battle through and remain oblivious to all the sadness around her at times . Mind you , sometimes I'm grateful she doesn't remember about her daughter dying. Will PM you soon my friend . Please take care . Lou xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Nice to hear from Gill. Sorry about your back and neck problems getting so serious. Does that mean you have to have a neck brace or not as bad as that?
I know what you mean about counselling. When I went in the spring it was hard to talk about some things over the first few sessions and went straight to the pub to clear my head every time. However, by the end of 14 sessions started to feel more positive about the past and less fearful of the future. I won't repeat my own troubles here, but along with massage therapy and TP support it did help give me confidence for breaking out a little over the summer. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Nice to get your PM too, Lou. I'll reply properly tomorrow.

All the best Jenny and everyone.

Hi rob , hope you and C have had a good weekend . Thank you for your kind message of support . This forum and especially our wee group have given me such support , I am so grateful . Take care and will be in touch soon . Lou

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening everyone.
Hope you are still reading Lou and Gill. I'll email over the weekend if I don't hear from you on the thread to see how your are both doing.
Is it this weekend you are off to Glorious Goodwood Jenny? Hope you have a good trip.

I've been for a walk round the botanical gardens in Bristol on my day's respite, followed by carers lunch club. I met a nice lady at lunch club who suggested singing for the brain as her dad loves it and she thought C might do to.

Attachments

• anemone.jpg
    anemone.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 563
  • santa cruz water lily.jpg
    santa cruz water lily.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Evening everyone.
Hope you are still reading Lou and Gill. I'll email over the weekend if I don't hear from you on the thread to see how your are both doing.
Is it this weekend you are off to Glorious Goodwood Jenny? Hope you have a good trip.

I've been for a walk round the botanical gardens in Bristol on my day's respite, followed by carers lunch club. I met a nice lady at lunch club who suggested singing for the brain as her dad loves it and she thought C might do to.

Yes, today we attended Goodwood Revival! I wore a 50's style dress & Ray dressed as an NCO, in dress uniform! We stayed in a hotel last night! It felt like a holiday!
So sorry I haven't been keeping up with you lovely people. Rob! Singing for the brain sounds so great! I can't get mum out to do anything. There was an invitation from the church, for tea & cake and a sing-song tomorrow afternoon. I can't stay with her (I am working) but I could take her & pick her up. She won't entertain the idea.
I do know mum is out of her depth. So am I.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Yes, today we attended Goodwood Revival! I wore a 50's style dress & Ray dressed as an NCO, in dress uniform! We stayed in a hotel last night! It felt like a holiday!
So sorry I haven't been keeping up with you lovely people. Rob! Singing for the brain sounds so great! I can't get mum out to do anything. There was an invitation from the church, for tea & cake and a sing-song tomorrow afternoon. I can't stay with her (I am working) but I could take her & pick her up. She won't entertain the idea.

Still not sure if C will stick at singing for the brain either Jenny, just looking for inspiration to keep us going into the cold autumn nights. Such a pity your mum won't even try anything.

Good to hear you and Ray enjoyed your trip to Goodwood. Did you manage your balloon flight too, or was it too wet and windy.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Still not sure if C will stick at singing for the brain either Jenny, just looking for inspiration to keep us going into the cold autumn nights. Such a pity your mum won't even try anything.

Good to hear you and Ray enjoyed your trip to Goodwood. Did you manage your balloon flight too, or was it too wet and windy.

Hi all....here I am again saying sorry for not being in touch....I see you have posted some great pics again rob..and that you are doing something that you enjoy with your few hours respite....has c started the singing for the brain group ??
Lou, it was good to see that you popped on...and in a way that's the only good thing about dementia... She has forgot about loosing her daughter and some pain has been spared for her....I hope that you are doing OK ...my friend xxx
Has anyone had a letter from az society inviting them to a complimentary day out at chatsworth house....I am considering going if my pain has eased by then....I'm in a lot of pain at the moment with my neck and arms....I'm still waiting for my appointment to come through for the disc injections...I've not been up to much lately ...still feeling down but hopefully if I can get this pain to ease it will help with my mood...but not loosing my dear dad
Well that's enough of me rambling ...look after yourselves my dear friends ...and sorry again for not being around xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo Gill, good to see you posting, and pleased you enjoy the flowers. Sorry you are still in a lot of pain and nobody has given you an appointment for injections. Any progress on counselling? I don't know about Chatsworth, that's nearer your end of the country. If you can make it over it may be good for you, especially if you get some decent autumn sunshine.

Not got singing for the brain organised yet, will phone again tomorrow. Am also trying to organise befriending services, but the person responsible is on holiday. Ach well, except when tiredness takes C into confusion it's been fairly quiet round here.

Evening Lou, hope you can drop in sometime and all is well with you and your mum.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

It was too windy! Next attempt is Tuesday evening!
I know, Rob. I suggest all sorts of things but the answer is always no. I do hope C will enjoy the singing. xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It was too windy! Next attempt is Tuesday evening!
I know, Rob. I suggest all sorts of things but the answer is always no. I do hope C will enjoy the singing. xxx

I know Jenny, you must be frustrated. The forecast has been for wind to ease over the weekend, so fingers crossed for your balloon flight on Tuesday.
C didn't go to her club today, just decided at the last minute she was too tired and could not be bothered. Still not got hold of the singing for the brain co-ordinator, will phone again tomorrow. She does like music.

Have a good weekend Jenny, and Lou and Gill if you are reading.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
I know Jenny, you must be frustrated. The forecast has been for wind to ease over the weekend, so fingers crossed for your balloon flight on Tuesday.
C didn't go to her club today, just decided at the last minute she was too tired and could not be bothered. Still not got hold of the singing for the brain co-ordinator, will phone again tomorrow. She does like music.

Have a good weekend Jenny, and Lou and Gill if you are reading.

Hi rob , sorry I haven't posted much recently but I do pop on to keep up to date with everyone . Work has been really busy and my energy levels are sapped in the evenings so have been trying to go to bed early in the hope it gives me renewed energy ! It's not working so far . Hope you and C are doing ok . It's a pity she didn't want to go to the club yesterday , it would have given you some time to yourself . The photos you posted are lovely, I was showing them to my mum . Everything ok with my mum and I . We are just plodding along . I'm off next week so have a few things planned , which I'm looking forward to . Best wishes as always to you and C . Take care . Lou

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland

Hi Jenny , how are you doing ? Sounds like you had fun at the Revival Hope your ballon flight goes ahead next week . How's max ? Has he settled back in ? Everything ok with my mum and I . I'm just working away , really busy just now . I'm off next week so have my sisters and niece coming tomorrow for a wee catch up and s few vinos ! Then we are all going for a spa day on Monday . I'm looking forward to it . Hope your mum doing okay . My mum is definitely getting more frail but she's still a stoic woman who keeps going . Let me know how your balloon flight goes . Take care my friend . Lou xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi all....here I am again saying sorry for not being in touch....I see you have posted some great pics again rob..and that you are doing something that you enjoy with your few hours respite....has c started the singing for the brain group ??
Lou, it was good to see that you popped on...and in a way that's the only good thing about dementia... She has forgot about loosing her daughter and some pain has been spared for her....I hope that you are doing OK ...my friend xxx
Has anyone had a letter from az society inviting them to a complimentary day out at chatsworth house....I am considering going if my pain has eased by then....I'm in a lot of pain at the moment with my neck and arms....I'm still waiting for my appointment to come through for the disc injections...I've not been up to much lately ...still feeling down but hopefully if I can get this pain to ease it will help with my mood...but not loosing my dear dad
Well that's enough of me rambling ...look after yourselves my dear friends ...and sorry again for not being around xxx

Hi gill , I'm so sorry to hear you haven't had any relief from your pain . Neck and back pain is so debilitating . I hope you hear about attending for the injections soon and it gives you some relief . I can understand why you are feeling so down with the pain . It would be lovely if you get a chance to go to chatsworth house . I don't know if you've been before but I've been a couple of times and it was fabulous . I would highly recommend it . Hope the family are all well and that you feel better soon . You know I'm here if you ever want to chat . Take care my friend , Lou xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Jenny , how are you doing ? Sounds like you had fun at the Revival Hope your ballon flight goes ahead next week . How's max ? Has he settled back in ? Everything ok with my mum and I . I'm just working away , really busy just now . I'm off next week so have my sisters and niece coming tomorrow for a wee catch up and s few vinos ! Then we are all going for a spa day on Monday . I'm looking forward to it . Hope your mum doing okay . My mum is definitely getting more frail but she's still a stoic woman who keeps going . Let me know how your balloon flight goes . Take care my friend . Lou xx

Nice to hear from you Lou. A spa day and a week off is just what the doctor ordered I think. Have a good time.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Too wet & windy.Trying again Tuesday!
I do hope C carries on with Singing for the Brain. It sounds brilliant. I keep suggesting things to mum (& offering to go with her) to no avail.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi gill , I'm so sorry to hear you haven't had any relief from your pain . Neck and back pain is so debilitating . I hope you hear about attending for the injections soon and it gives you some relief . I can understand why you are feeling so down with the pain . It would be lovely if you get a chance to go to chatsworth house . I don't know if you've been before but I've been a couple of times and it was fabulous . I would highly recommend it . Hope the family are all well and that you feel better soon . You know I'm here if you ever want to chat . Take care my friend , Lou xx

Hello...Lou,rob and jenny.....I've signed up for chatsworth house my sister is going with me...its a pity its too far for you all to come...it would be lovely if we could meet up sometime...no news yet of my injections... I've rang the neurosurgeons secretary today as I'm in absolute agony...the pain has become worse...she is going to let him know ( he told me I should contact them if my symptoms got worse ) so i will wait to see if he can move things on for me.....apart from that things aren't too bad....chaos is still full of energy... I little too much at times for me but I wouldn't be without my little loyal friend
Hope that all is OK with everyone.. I'm pleased to hear that you and your mum are OK....I hope you have had a good week Lou
Rob...didn't c go to day care last Thursday ? I hope she is OK and will be able to go this week so that you can get out and enjoy the nice weather if it lasts !!!
going to go now....take care my friends xxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello...Lou,rob and jenny.....I've signed up for chatsworth house my sister is going with me...its a pity its too far for you all to come...it would be lovely if we could meet up sometime...no news yet of my injections... I've rang the neurosurgeons secretary today as I'm in absolute agony...the pain has become worse...she is going to let him know ( he told me I should contact them if my symptoms got worse ) so i will wait to see if he can move things on for me.....apart from that things aren't too bad....chaos is still full of energy... I little too much at times for me but I wouldn't be without my little loyal friend
Hope that all is OK with everyone.. I'm pleased to hear that you and your mum are OK....I hope you have had a good week Lou
Rob...didn't c go to day care last Thursday ? I hope she is OK and will be able to go this week so that you can get out and enjoy the nice weather if it lasts !!!
going to go now....take care my friends xxxx

Evening Gill,
I hope your neurosurgeon gets the message and will get your appointment sorted straight away. Chatsworth House day out is something to look forward to, you're brave and determined if you are making the booking, good for you.:)

No, C didn't make the day centre last week. We were busy the week before with birthday lunches and a trip to the TP Bath meet-up, I think it caught up with her. Had a lovely day out at a restaurant in Somerset with a sculpture garden on Sunday, but had a total rest on Monday to give us both a chance to recover. Hopefully make it on Thursday. Give Chaos a pat from me.

All the best Lou and everyone else reading.

Attachments

• frink in the garden.jpg
    frink in the garden.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 417

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Too wet & windy.Trying again Tuesday!
I do hope C carries on with Singing for the Brain. It sounds brilliant. I keep suggesting things to mum (& offering to go with her) to no avail.

Evening Jenny, did you manage your balloon flight today?

We haven't actually started on Singing for the Brain, but we are on a waiting list to hopefully join in a couple of weeks.