In need of a virtual hug

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I may as well join in the terrible jokes. :D

I got arrested in a cafe last December for eating a slice of traditional German Christmas cake. I was charged with handling Stollen goods.

How is everyone, still not seen Gill for about 3 weeks now. Hope you are well.
Jenny, I hope you get some time away, a weekend on the Isle of Wight may be just what the doctor ordered.
Hi all....sorry I've not been around.... after receiving pm,s from my dear friends Lou and rob I thought I'd better drag myself out of this awful depression.... I hope everyone is OK...and do we have a couple of new members to our wee group...I've got so much to catch up on....sorry again all... I've been thinking of you xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi all....sorry I've not been around.... after receiving pm,s from my dear friends Lou and rob I thought I'd better drag myself out of this awful depression.... I hope everyone is OK...and do we have a couple of new members to our wee group...I've got so much to catch up on....sorry again all... I've been thinking of you xxx

Hi rob, just popping on to ask if c went to day care yesterday...it sounds like she is settling in nicely....with "the old people"... I know I have said it before....but it does so remind me of my dad....complaining of the place being full of old people...I hope she is making some new friends of the old people !!!.....did you go for your walk yesterday or was it just a quiet few hours and a pub lunch ?
Hello Lou....how are you and your wee mum doing..hope that you are both keeping well xx
Jenny hope all is well with you and your family... have I read that you have a break coming up in the isle of Wight ? xx
Going to go now...just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you all....take care my friends xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening Gill, good to hear from you. How are you? Hope you are ok and getting some help with your troubles.

C made it to her club and I think she is enjoying it, seemed happy when I picked her up which is a good sign. I went for a 4 mile hike with the ramblers walking for health, went round Clifton Village on the edge of Bristol with views of the countryside and the suspension bridge. I earned my pub lunch that day. :D

Evening Lou, hope you are well and planning another trip with your mum and your niece.

Evening Jenny, how are you? Have you booked a holiday anywhere yet.

All the best everyone, Rob

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
I may as well join in the terrible jokes. :D

I got arrested in a cafe last December for eating a slice of traditional German Christmas cake. I was charged with handling Stollen goods.

How is everyone, still not seen Gill for about 3 weeks now. Hope you are well.
Jenny, I hope you get some time away, a weekend on the Isle of Wight may be just what the doctor ordered.

Haha! My sort of joke. Don't think we can manage a week away but we have a night in Chichester booked! Our girls bought hubby 2 tickets for Goodwood Revival, for his 60th birthday. We have our outfits!

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire

Depression is such a debilitating condition. I feel for you. My lovely husband has suffered since his teens. I hope you have seen your doctor? It's not something you can deal with on your own (hmmmm, something I have been trying to do. Think I need to listen to myself!)

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Haha! My sort of joke. Don't think we can manage a week away but we have a night in Chichester booked! Our girls bought hubby 2 tickets for Goodwood Revival, for his 60th birthday. We have our outfits!

That sounds like a good birthday trip Jenny. Hope you have a good time, will you post any pictures in your outfits.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Evening everyone, what a lovely day in Bristol.

Hope you are well Gill and have a chance to get out for a bit. Have you seen the doctor yet and got any support? Sorry, just thinking of you, but won't hassle with too many questions.

Not heard from Lou for a while now, hope all is well.

Evening Jenny, how long til your trip to Glorious Goodwood.

Been out for a sunny walk in the Chew Valley looking at old stones, but not Mick Jagger. :D

Attachments

• Stone circle by Chew valley.jpg
    Stone circle by Chew valley.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 343

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Evening everyone, what a lovely day in Bristol.

Hope you are well Gill and have a chance to get out for a bit. Have you seen the doctor yet and got any support? Sorry, just thinking of you, but won't hassle with too many questions.

Not heard from Lou for a while now, hope all is well.

Evening Jenny, how long til your trip to Glorious Goodwood.

Been out for a sunny walk in the Chew Valley looking at old stones, but not Mick Jagger. :D
Hi Rob,
Goodwood Revival is Friday 8th September! We have a balloon flight on Sunday 3rd.
We still feel that we can't go away so we are packing as many experiences into this year as is possible!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Bill and I did a balloon flight over The Valley of the Kings in Egypt. It was amazing. So glad we did what we could when we could - if you see what I mean! Enjoy your balloon flight Jenny!

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Bill and I did a balloon flight over The Valley of the Kings in Egypt. It was amazing. So glad we did what we could when we could - if you see what I mean! Enjoy your balloon flight Jenny!

So, getting in & out of the basket! Was it OK?
So glad you & bill did lots of things! You are inspirational!

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
This probably sounds frivolous but one of my cats is missing. For me, it's the final straw. I nursed my dad through esophageal cancer until his death. Am now looking after mum with alzheimer's.
I love my cats so much. We back onto a railway line. My cats are incredibly timid. Max hasn't been seen since breakfast yesterday. So worried. Only a year old

My beautiful boy is home! He was last seen on July 16th but today he was handed in to the RSPCA. They found me, through the microchip! He is very thin but ok. He is stuck to my side, like glue and can't stop purring!
So glad to be able to share some good news!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My beautiful boy is home! He was last seen on July 16th but today he was handed in to the RSPCA. They found me, through the microchip! He is very thin but ok. He is stuck to my side, like glue and can't stop purring!

That's great news, Jenny.:)

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent

Oh jenny....what a relief for you....I bet you are beaming xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Oh jenny....what a relief for you....I bet you are beaming xx

Hello all.....I'm sorry I've not been around much lately... What a rubbish friend I have been to you all ...thank you rob for your message my dear friend....you have prompted me to pull myself together and come on and write this post....I'm so pleased for you that c has settled at day care and that you can get out walking....I know its only one day a week but at least you get a little time to yourself xx
Hello Lou....how are you doing...have you been absent too ? I hope everything is OK my dear friend xx
I'm doing a bit better than I was but still a long way from feeling my old self again....still not been to counselling, I just can't face going over everything again and getting upset
I had my appointment with the neurosurgeon last week...apparently my neck is in a bit of a mess with one large disc protrusion and two more small protrusions and also one between my shoulder blades....I have to go for spinal injections but the neurosurgeon hasn't ruled out more surgery ..he has advised me to be very careful and not to do anything that would put strain on my neck..
Going to go now...thanks again rob my friend for the pm
Will be in touch again soon....take care my friends xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Nice to hear from Gill. Sorry about your back and neck problems getting so serious. Does that mean you have to have a neck brace or not as bad as that?
I know what you mean about counselling. When I went in the spring it was hard to talk about some things over the first few sessions and went straight to the pub to clear my head every time. However, by the end of 14 sessions started to feel more positive about the past and less fearful of the future. I won't repeat my own troubles here, but along with massage therapy and TP support it did help give me confidence for breaking out a little over the summer. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Nice to get your PM too, Lou. I'll reply properly tomorrow.

All the best Jenny and everyone.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Nice to hear from Gill. Sorry about your back and neck problems getting so serious. Does that mean you have to have a neck brace or not as bad as that?
I know what you mean about counselling. When I went in the spring it was hard to talk about some things over the first few sessions and went straight to the pub to clear my head every time. However, by the end of 14 sessions started to feel more positive about the past and less fearful of the future. I won't repeat my own troubles here, but along with massage therapy and TP support it did help give me confidence for breaking out a little over the summer. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Nice to get your PM too, Lou. I'll reply properly tomorrow.

All the best Jenny and everyone.

I'm glad that the counselling worked rob....but it did take you a few sessions before you felt you could talk freely about things..I think given what you said I might consider it...thank you my friend for your support xx