Editing

LilyJ

Apr 13, 2017
Don't know where to ask this but I still can't re-post a comment that I've edited, I correct the text then press save but it doesnt come through on the thread. Any help please?

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Do you mean, after you have posted the comment. I am forever pressing send and then when the post comes up, the spelling shieks at me!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ok so I posted the first bit.... then I pressed edit..... the edit option comes along the bottom of the post. My comment comes up in the message box. I've typed the extra or corrected the mistakes and then I am going to press save.....

Back to the editing..... I managed to save this so I'm not sure what you are doing differently.
Perhaps you could try editing your original post like this.....

Last edited:

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Glad it's not just me then. ;)
It seems so easy not to notice spelling/grammar errors until one has posted. :rolleyes: I think one's brain 'compensates' by 'reading' what one intends rather than what is written. But somehow once it's posted you're correct they just shriek out at one.:eek:
I constantly have to edit such errors- as I've done here. let's see if this works?
EDIT Yes it did.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Glad it's not just me then. ;)
It seems so easy not to notice spelling/grammar errors until one has posted. :rolleyes: I think one's brain 'compensates' by 'reading' what one intends rather than what is written. But somehow once it's posted you're correct they just shriek out at one.:eek:
I constantly have to edit such errors- as I've done here. let's see if this works?
EDIT Yes it did.

There you go now! Anyway don't worry about it. We are not submitting posts for correction....... thanks be to God. I correct errors in books, newspapers etc but that's a different ball game altogether.

Virtual hugs,

Aisling xx

LilyJ

Apr 13, 2017
Do you mean, after you have posted the comment. I am forever pressing send and then when the post comes up, the spelling shieks at me!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ok so I posted the first bit.... then I pressed edit..... the edit option comes along the bottom of the post. My comment comes up in the message box. I've typed the extra or corrected the mistakes and then I am going to press save.....

Back to the editing..... I managed to save this so I'm not sure what you are doing differently.
Perhaps you could try editing your original post like this.....

Yes, that's exactly it but although I press save I look at the post back on the thread but it hasn't shown my edit....... Why does technology hate me!?

LilyJ

Apr 13, 2017
I think that all is coming clear! I usually use my tablet and can never get the 'edit' bit to work, so just tried on the laptop and ....Bingo!!
Thanks for your help everyone.