At my wits end

Flower girl

Jan 27, 2017
Bedfordshire
Every day OH starts to talk about buildings and entrances and he needs to go and see this place which is just down the road. So off we go in the car but he can't then tell me where it is so back we come. Next day same thing and he gets so cross because I don't know what he is talking about. Off I go in the car again and back we come as he does not now know where it is. Day 3 and he is cross again because I don't understand what he is talking about he says it is not our house but it is a building we own(we only own our house) I just dread this conversation as it is happening everyday. Please any ideas I've tried diverting the conversation to another subject but he will not rest.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
This I think is a phase similar to one my husband had several years ago. He believed we owned property all over the world and each morning would ask whether we were buying or selling today. He would announce which country we were in and ask how we had travelled there by plane, ship etc.

He kept this up for weeks and assured me that these properties were waiting for us. I just changed the subject after initially laughing at the craziness of it all. It disappeared as suddenly as it started.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I would stop taking him out looking for this 'property' you know that you will never find it, so take some pressure off yourself. Give him some paper and pencils, ask him to draw this place for you.

Maggiemol

Feb 28, 2017
Devon
Every day OH starts to talk about buildings and entrances and he needs to go and see this place which is just down the road. So off we go in the car but he can't then tell me where it is so back we come. Next day same thing and he gets so cross because I don't know what he is talking about. Off I go in the car again and back we come as he does not now know where it is. Day 3 and he is cross again because I don't understand what he is talking about he says it is not our house but it is a building we own(we only own our house) I just dread this conversation as it is happening everyday. Please any ideas I've tried diverting the conversation to another subject but he will not rest.

I really feel for you and am so sorry I can't help, mainly because I have the same problem only with my other half its going on and on about wanting to go home. I also put him in the car and take him off in the hope that by the time we get back he thinks he is at home. Sometimes it works but not always. Last night he decide he had been kidnapped and wanted to call the police. Like you I dread these sessions and find them more and more difficult to deal with. This evening we have had two hoursof nonsense conversation about being on a boat, him getting stressed about taking on more cats as pets (we have two and he thinks we will end up with four. It just wears me down.
So very sorry that I have been no use to you but I needed a rant. I hope someone out there has an answer.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I used to have similar problems with my late husband,who also believed we owned lots of different properties. I think perhaps that stemmed from him being a mortgage broker, so arranging purchases for other people became his own purchases in his mind. We also had the whole wanting to go home thing. Like Maggie, we would go out in the car and drive a huge circle in the hope that our house would be 'home'. OK sometimes, adamant refusal to get out of the car at others. I would then change tactics and say that we were expected to stay in this house tonight and the owners were aware that we'd be there so we couldn't disappoint them. I don't have any answers sadly, Flower Girl, but it is very trying on patience reserves. x

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan