Can I ... Should I?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Yay. Good news on the car, I can pick it up, all done

Now, I know it's been a long time & it's been frustrating & they've not been brilliant this week about calling me back, but .....

They had visually checked the wiring, but found no fault, the EPU (computer bit) has gone for testing, been cleaned up & a few solder joints re-done, but they couldn't find a fault :(. So, can't be 100% sure it's cured.

The garage have out the EPU back in, but, to be sure, they have replaced the wiring loom. At this point of the conversation I'm seeing £££ & grimacing. He tells me that this means if it goes wrong again, it can only be the EPU & I will have to replace that with either new or reconditioned :(

As the job has been very frustrating & long winded for both them & myself .... they are only recharging me the cost of the test & 0.6 hour labour & have done the wiring loom for free :D :D. Total cost £130

So, I'm not as broke as I thought I would be & after the 45 min walk tomorrow I will have wheels :D

Brilliant!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm fully Irish, and I don't drink alcohol at all! Not all of us do! Someone has to know the way home!

My cousin is the same :eek: tried making him designated driver for a family party ... I had to be reasonably sober as he couldn't figure out the SatNav & the hotel was 2 miles from the party????

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My cousin is the same :eek: tried making him designated driver for a family party ... I had to be reasonably sober as he couldn't figure out the SatNav & the hotel was 2 miles from the party????

:D:D

I live out in the country, so anywhere I go, I have to drive! For most of the year, the last bus that stops near where I live (about 1/4 mile away, on the main road) is at 6pm! And even if I were to take the bus, it would bring me to the city centre, but then, there would be the difficulty of getting anywhere else. public transport isn't great here. Not the worst, but not great.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
:D:D

I live out in the country, so anywhere I go, I have to drive! For most of the year, the last bus that stops near where I live (about 1/4 mile away, on the main road) is at 6pm! And even if I were to take the bus, it would bring me to the city centre, but then, there would be the difficulty of getting anywhere else. public transport isn't great here. Not the worst, but not great.

Last bus is about 16.00, if it turns up :eek: so it's taxi or walk :rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Yay. Good news on the car, I can pick it up, all done

Now, I know it's been a long time & it's been frustrating & they've not been brilliant this week about calling me back, but .....

They had visually checked the wiring, but found no fault, the EPU (computer bit) has gone for testing, been cleaned up & a few solder joints re-done, but they couldn't find a fault :(. So, can't be 100% sure it's cured.

The garage have out the EPU back in, but, to be sure, they have replaced the wiring loom. At this point of the conversation I'm seeing £££ & grimacing. He tells me that this means if it goes wrong again, it can only be the EPU & I will have to replace that with either new or reconditioned :(

As the job has been very frustrating & long winded for both them & myself .... they are only recharging me the cost of the test & 0.6 hour labour & have done the wiring loom for free :D :D. Total cost £130

So, I'm not as broke as I thought I would be & after the 45 min walk tomorrow I will have wheels :D

Thank goodness you've finally got wheels:) and not an amount of cash that would make you pass out with shock. Happy driving this weekend :)

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
I'm reading but finding it hard to keep up with news etc, sorry, so can only send warm wishes at the moment.

Sam, one thing has stuck. This morning, as I got dressed, I found myself singing "The Wheels On The Bus...." Over. and. over.

Thanks for that! :D

Hug xxx:)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Big brother phoned & as I had to go out, I picked him up on route.

Nearly 5 hours later, I was encouraging him to go home :D. I do love him, but I was so tired, after walking to town to collect the car, shopping, running around in the house, picking him up & more shopping .... helping / listening to what he's doing / done with the laptop / TV ... I'm desperate for some P&Q :eek:

However, while he was here, mum was very calm, but she was either not understanding (I was repeating 6 or 7 times), or using the wrong words, so I was not understanding ;). I was struggling with my patience by the time we got to eat :p

She wanted biscuit suds to clean the shower (bicarbonate of soda), thought my power pack was a lighter, moaned about the draught, but she had opened the door ??? Complained about peppers in her dinner when she used to add tons to her cooking. When asked after her second mouthful if it was ok, she told me she was just tasting it??

It's been a long day :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I knew I was tired, but boy did I lie in today :eek: Thankfully it did not send mum off into orbit about wasted time ;)

I'm presently trying to find my motivation & get on with things, but the sun is shining, with a cooling breeze, mum is happily lying on her bed reading & the dog us snuggled up with her :D

I'm taking it as a lazy Sunday so far :)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Good for you Sam relax and enjoy. I keep making soups hoping to
Oxford get some nourishment into Mum only for her to say on Friday. This soup is tasteless don't know whose made it !! I thought it tasted quite nice actually then at 9pm Mum woke for the loo then said she was hungry so out with the soup again to which Mum said this is delicious that nice Man has made it...
Life gets so confusing at times.
Had our Priest here this lunchtime to give us communion. Mum said the Lords prayer word perfect and smiled at Canon all the time then when he was leaving asked him if he was going ashore and did he like cruising:confused: Oh well no wonder she was smiling we are currently Cruising!....

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi Rosy

Enjoy the cruise :). I'm sure there are times your mind turns to sun kissed beaches & beautiful sunsets :)

I read something this week & thought if your mum, I don't know if it works, I don't know if it's any good, but ...

It was old fashioned & natural remedies, this was for colon cleanse!!

Purée 1 or 2 apples, drink (not sure how you drink that, but that's what it said)
Drink a glass of water half an hour later
Repeat 3 times a day

Maybe you could try substituting fresh apple juice?

I've not got a round tuit, so have yet to ask Google for any further info :eek:

I've marked out 2 sheets of MDF to make up a bookcase & a DVD unit, I'm about a quarter of the way through cutting it out. I'm sure the neighbours are very happy with the disrupted Sunday afternoon peace :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Sam, I am sooooo glad you have got your car back! Even better that it didn't cost several limbs :) And you got a lie-in this morning! It is about time the gods smiled on you.

Ah yes, the good old Bristol Stool Chart, it was a staple bit of equipment when I was working :D How very strange that it should be the one thing that a PWD remembers :rolleyes:

We have had very mixed weather here this weekend. I have been unusually busy with social events so am enjoying a quiet evening now.

Mum has been very sleepy for our past few visits but is still generally content. Sky-cat is eating like a little piggy (thanks to the steroids) and is generally holding her own. So, life here is good :):)