Rip

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Sending you virtual hugs, Aisling. There'll always be someone on here to talk to and to listen to you.

X

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Me too Aisling xx

Many thanks to all of you. You are helping me and I appreciate it very much. I am in a kind of hell. No energy or interest in anything. I have helped so many people over the years, family members etc and can't understand why there is no one around for me. I will just have to accept it and get on with it......

You may TP friends can are great.

Aisling xx

Met someone briefly today who told me that people were tip toeing around me during Ts wake and that I had drunk gallons of coffee. So what

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
that I had drunk gallons of coffee. So what

Oh my goodness, Aisling. Gallons of COFFEE?!! At your husband's wake? Oh deary me! Goodness - will you ever be able to show your face in public again after drinking coffee at your husband's wake?
Gosh. I just hope you didn't (*gasp!*) eat a sandwich or a piece of cake or something too - did you?! The neighbourhood would never get over it!

What on earth is wrong with people? Aisling, there were a couple of things happened around the time of my husband's death/funeral that made me so angry! But eventually, I just had to let it go, and now, I can even smile about them. Because in the end, it just didn't matter, in the larger scheme of things.

Hope you have a good night.

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Hi Aisling, geez, too bad for them. Hope they've recovered from your irresponsible coffee drinking by now.

I'm so sorry you're this low. Would you take another a trip to your GP, even for talk time? It's not helping waiting for that appt and not knowing when it'll come. You need support now.

Sending a warm hug. Xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi Aisling, geez, too bad for them. Hope they've recovered from your irresponsible coffee drinking by now.

I'm so sorry you're this low. Would you take another a trip to your GP, even for talk time? It's not helping waiting for that appt and not knowing when it'll come. You need support now.

Sending a warm hug. Xxx

Am confusing myself now!! Maybe I will pluck up courage tomorrow and fone the surgery. I meant to do so for the past two days and " chickened out" I got a new mobile to keep on 24 hours when T was very ill. Maybe surgery has an old number!! Doc definitely said he would make the appointment. Maybe he is waiting till my own GP returns on Monday? 5am and " muggins" sitting with a knot in my stomach! How stupid is that??

I spent afternoon looking for the log book for NCT for car. Did I find it?? Heck no!!

My sister got down to me today for an hour. She was totally shocked at the state of my house. Not easy shock her!! Of course I was in bed but she has a key. She said I could let a bit of light into the room!!!

I went to see a neighbour yesterday. He is ninety years old. Lives happily on his own with his dogs, cats, chickens, ducks etc. I have known him since I was a child. A lovely man. He made me a rasher sandwich. Isn't that really nice?

With all the rooting today, I found a short article years ago on supporting people who are bereaved. I must read it tomorrow PG.

Am off now to make tea and toast and hope to get some sleep!

To all of you " my earth Angels" a million thanks for your support.

Aisling xxx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Aisling I hope you managed to get off to sleep. It sounds like your brain won't switch off right now into rest mode. It does take courage, but make the call and maybe see your own GP it's important that he or she understands the urgency. Xxx

Forgot to say, but as to the coffee you know some very opinionated people! If you'd downed half a dozen bottles of vodka I could understand it more, though given the day it would have been understandable. Very weird people!

Last edited:

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Aisling I hope you managed to get off to sleep. It sounds like your brain won't switch off right now into rest mode. It does take courage, but make the call and maybe see your own GP it's important that he or she understands the urgency. Xxx

Forgot to say, but as to the coffee you know some very opinionated people! If you'd downed half a dozen bottles of vodka I could understand it more, though given the day it would have been understandable. Very weird people!

Good morning Lavender,

Not a wink!!totally exhausted now. I agree, some people can be weird. Another one told me that " people were tip toeing around " during those awful days" I know I shouldn't let any of these comments bother me......

Aisling xxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Re car log book - have you looked in the "obvious" places - glove box and sun visors?

Now this is worrying - a tea habit as well as a coffee habit ;)

I know HillyBilly, coffee and tea addiction!! Glove box etc.... Yes! St Anthony usually finds things for me but he must be on holiday!!

Aisling xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Another one told me that " people were tip toeing around " during those awful days" I know I shouldn't let any of these comments bother me......

Aisling xxxx

Proper order, that people were tiptoeing around a newly bereaved widow! What did they think - that people should be just clumping around as if nothing had happened? When your life's companion has just died, you are extremely fragile. People should do a bit of tiptoeing! Anything else, I found, jars on the nerves.

Aisling, I have found the herbal remedy Melissa Dream really helpful for sleep. It takes a few nights to work, but if I'm having a bad patch, I take that for a while. Best thing is, it doesn't leave you groggy the next day. xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Proper order, that people were tiptoeing around a newly bereaved widow! What did they think - that people should be just clumping around as if nothing had happened? When your life's companion has just died, you are extremely fragile. People should do a bit of tiptoeing! Anything else, I found, jars on the nerves.

Aisling, I have found the herbal remedy Melissa Dream really helpful for sleep. It takes a few nights to work, but if I'm having a bad patch, I take that for a while. Best thing is, it doesn't leave you groggy the next day. xx

Thanks again Lady A. Will try anything at this stage.

Aisling xx

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Morning Aisling,
I hope you find the courage to ring Gp you really need something now. Your honestly not alone feeling like this we all have those days. Prescription meds don't have to be for ever but they do help you getting over the first hurdle. Hugs and more hugs sent xxx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Aisling, it's good to hear your sister called to you. I hope she can see the depth of your struggle and row in a little bit, if possible.

Can you drop in to your GP surgery withouth an appt? Would you?

Those late night horrors are horrendous. Somebody here pointed out to me once that decisions made/conclusions arrived at during those hours are unreliable. God you need sleep then.

Hope you find your NCT book today. In the meantime, ring them to ask is it absolutely necessary. They need numbers/reg numbers and doodahs from it but you might have those details elsewhere.

Sending you a tight tight hug. Keep eating the toast too, d'y'hear. Xxx

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
You might have already rung your GP but if not Aisling please take a deep breath and make the call. Get the GP to call you back then you can have a chat today.
Wish I could give you a proper hug but sending you a virtual one for now ((()))

I hope your NCT book has shown up, I'll say a little prayer to St Anthony as well.xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
You might have already rung your GP but if not Aisling please take a deep breath and make the call. Get the GP to call you back then you can have a chat today.
Wish I could give you a proper hug but sending you a virtual one for now ((()))

I hope your NCT book has shown up, I'll say a little prayer to St Anthony as well.xx

Newsflash!!

Yes I phoned surgery. Should have app soon PG.

Aisling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
Aisling ☺. Not easy to make those calls, but you have done. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. Big hug. X