Hi

Haverton

Sep 12, 2016
Essex
I have not being posting for a while. I like to remain positive but i have had tough time these last two months. Mr mood is low. The most simple of tasks are a trouble for me.
I am becoming more and more confused. My wife identifies a pattern where I am not to so bad for a period then not too good.

Getting back to my confusion. I could not remember how to open the micro wave door. I could not access a pay point because I tried to put my card in the wrong place.( I tried to put my card in the flashing light instead of below it) I could not remember how to empty the dishwasher There were several other instances where I have forgot to mention:confused:

My wife has also mentioned my irritation in these times of confusion and low mood. I do not like myself for that:mad:

I just feel that I am spiralling down and I am only 63. In fairness such a feeling might because I feel low. I am sorry that i can not end this post with a more positive way.

Any how thank you for being there for me in this moment in time

Last edited:

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I'm so sorry you're struggling at the moment Haverton. Have you talked to your GP about your low mood?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry you are feeling low, Haverton, and that you've been having some struggles. It must be so frustrating and I'm sure frightening too. Cat is right, maybe talk to your doctor about the low mood.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry to hear of the ups and downs you've been having Haverton. My husband is also 63 and also has good days and bad days. He was prescribed a small dose of daily sertraline last year to help lift his mood and he does seem to benefit from it.

He had been getting quite low beforehand, with tears - sometimes tears of frustration, sometimes tears without really being able to pin point why. It was hard to watch and hard for him to go through but he is more settled now and I hope you will also find help through your GP / consultant. Do let them know how things are :)

Haverton

Sep 12, 2016
Essex
Thank you so much for responding to my post. I have talked at length with my memory nurse and she has suggested that I put notes around the house. The notes might include when you are confused don't get upset and ask for help. Another prompt is to place a note on the door to remind me to pick up my mobile and keys. The mobile is important because i get lost in familiar places and therefore need someone to come and get me.

I am reluctant to ask my GP for medication. My memory psych has put me on Donepezil and Memantine. Also, I take a host of medication for other illnesses that i begin to rattle:).

I am trying so hard to be positive and I would like to think a number of my posts reflect that, but I am so low I can't see the wood for the trees.

On another note I struggle to spell words,and my grammar is poor. I also forget where the letters are etc on ,my PC. Does anyone else experience similar problems ?.

Sorry it.s another groan

Last edited:

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
Hi Haverton,

Sometimes things are just sent to try us! Typing is one of those things. I am a dyslexic. My posts, particularly when I am tired, are not likely to make sense. I have Grammarly (a downlodable program) installed on my computer. It helps with spelling and grammar. It is free. It helps me with emails, documents and posting here, of course.

Hope that might be of help.

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
Thank you no knickers. I will look into that down load
Good too see you still posting Haverton, in itself it's a positive :) it's ok to have a bad day we all do and yes it's so difficult when unexpected things happen, but they do eventually become part of life 'as we know it' the same thing that may make us curse may not rear its head again for a while instead a new one takes its place.
Just with help try and put in place what ever helps you and your wife.
I'm lucky in that many years ago and not realising I was even doing it, I started compensating for memory lapses in that I started to make sure 'that there is a place for everything and made sure what ever it was it had its own place. Keys for instants were always put in the same place, I had a particular way of doing my meds.
All of those things I can still do automatically if you can make sure your keys are only kept in that one place same for your phone or anything else and tell your wife where they should always be. This Alzheimer's game has to be played together chin up and make the most of the good days! ❤️❤️