Paid companion

Wishful

Nov 28, 2014
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to leave my husband for a couple of hours on his own. Is there an organisation that provides 'husband sitter'? I don't need them to do anything just be there and deal with any issues​ eg operating TV remote, making the odd cuppa but more importantly dealing with hubby if he falls.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
There are plenty. We used a sitter from Age UK for many years but are now with another agency. Ask Social Services for an assessment - they will know all the agencies and can arrange a support plan. You could also think about a Day Centre.

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
I had a list of agencies from our local Alzheimers Society and managed to find a small one very close to us who have provided us with a wonderful person who comes weekly and takes my OH for walks or does things around the house. When the companion is away they send other people who are equally good.

I recommend you try and find a small agency who will be able to send the same person each week as that will help your husband get used to them coming in. My OH said the other day that he hadn't been keen on the idea but now he really enjoys the visits

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to leave my husband for a couple of hours on his own. Is there an organisation that provides 'husband sitter'? I don't need them to do anything just be there and deal with any issues​ eg operating TV remote, making the odd cuppa but more importantly dealing with hubby if he falls.

We live heer in Switzerland. We currently get an allowance to be used for whatever in and around my husbands care. I now am being reassessed to increase it. I find it more difficult to leave the house and leave OH as he gets into things (former mechanical enginner by education) And then things get broken. He can no longer use the remotes, the telephone and I find it increasingly difficult for me to leave him alone. Good luck with your assessment.