Saying Hello!

rosie4

Feb 8, 2017
Hampshire
Hi, my name is Rosemary but I also answer to Rose or Rosie!

Talking Point was mentioned by the Alzheimers lady who we met at a support group.
My daughter had tried earlier to get me on here before but I never followed it up. She may join later....
My husband is Andy and in 2014 was diagnosed with Frontotemporal dementia with Parkinsonian traits, there were signs of dementia at least 4 years earlier but Andy took a while to agree to have it checked out.

I am looking forward to finding out what's out there on TP
:)

Hellyg

Nov 18, 2014
Midlands
Hi, my name is Rosemary but I also answer to Rose or Rosie!

Talking Point was mentioned by the Alzheimers lady who we met at a support group.
My daughter had tried earlier to get me on here before but I never followed it up. She may join later....
My husband is Andy and in 2014 was diagnosed with Frontotemporal dementia with Parkinsonian traits, there were signs of dementia at least 4 years earlier but Andy took a while to agree to have it checked out.

I am looking forward to finding out what's out there on TP
:)

Hi Rosemay/Rose/Rosie, my husband also has FTD, the semantic variant. It is a challenge isn't it. How old is your husband and how is it impacting your life on a daily basis. You might also find https://www.ftdsupportforum.com helpful.

Take care Helen x

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
Hi Rosie and welcome.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis, but glad that he's been able to attend the doctors and get himself into the system. There's lots of practical help on here, and it's also a good place to have a rant and moan and groan if it all gets too much.....

You've been taking care of him for quite some time, so it may be that you are able to help others with a more recent diagnosis in the family too.

Take care.

rosie4

Feb 8, 2017
Hampshire
Hi Helen, yes it is a challenge, and some days are better than others we have become very flexible though! Andy is 59.
How old is your husband and how do you find things?
I will certainly look up the forum thank you.

God bless Rose x

rosie4

Feb 8, 2017
Hampshire
Hi Rosie and welcome.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis, but glad that he's been able to attend the doctors and get himself into the system. There's lots of practical help on here, and it's also a good place to have a rant and moan and groan if it all gets too much.....

You've been taking care of him for quite some time, so it may be that you are able to help others with a more recent diagnosis in the family too.

Take care.

Thank you for your welcome Malalie.
Will be slowly find my way around on here, looks a really good place.

Rosie x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain