Who Cares?

Scrubby

Jan 21, 2017
My wife has been recently diagnosed with Dementia, but I noticed changes 3 years ago. The diagnosis say's she also has other mental health problems. Her mood changes are sudden and sometimes dramatic. It took over 7 months to get the diagnosis from the first time she agreed to see her doctor. She accepts what is wrong with her and will talk about it when she is having a reasonable day. She has an excellent mental health nurse who comes to see her every week. She now seems to be getting some help.

I am trying to cope on my own, but some days it's a struggle. I have not left her side for over 7 months and so far get no relief. I keep getting promises from Mental Social Care, and Carer's and Altziemers societies but I am still waiting for them to carry out assessment's, although there are now finally booked appointments.

Del24

Aug 17, 2014
Hertfordshire
Welcome to this site.
As a fellow carer for over 5 years you must keep pushing all the agencies to get help.
We get morning carers and we get a sitter from Crossroads twice a week it all helps.
I had to fight to get what we have.

Scrubby

Jan 21, 2017
Thanks

Welcome to this site.
As a fellow carer for over 5 years you must keep pushing all the agencies to get help.
We get morning carers and we get a sitter from Crossroads twice a week it all helps.
I had to fight to get what we have.

Thank you very much for your support, I will take your advice and keep fighting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhubarb1989