Over and Out.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I too have missed your intelligent and so helpful posts. When I first joined I was drawn to your experiences and they helped me so much with my struggle looking after my mum.

Often wondered how things were going for you, your Dorothy Parker quote always brought a smile, but this is sad news and I am so sorry.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I was only thinking of you this last week and wondered about your absence.

So very sorry for the great loss your family have had to cope with these last few difficult years.....I always loved reading your posts of your lovely Mam, you have done your absolute best for everyone and will continue to do so...of that I have no doubt x

Have a lovely Christmas and all the very best for 2017.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Another one who has missed your posts, I am so pleased you felt you could 'end the story' for us.
I hope you can recover a little from the roller coaster life of recent years.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Gwen, I'm so sorry that your in laws have both died recently, please pass my condolences on to Peter too. You have had a long and, at times, a very painful journey through the torments that caring for elderly family brings and have dealt with it fantastically.
Thank you for everything, your support to me and to others has boosted us when we have most needed it.

Thank you for being a good friend and Good Luck for the future,and
wishing you, Peter and the boys a Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2017.

Love Maureen.x.x.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of you Gwen

Thinking of your roller coaster life you lived, and continue to live

Thank you for updating your situation. Miss you on TP. Maybe see you again soon

Squishy hug. HUGE SQUISHY Hug xxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Wishing you well, Gwen, in whatever the future holds for you.
Such a sad loss and it must be a shock for Peter to lose both his parents so quickly. I know you will hold your family together in their sorrow just as have always done.
No mention of little Sally though! I hope she is still there to comfort you all and especially for Daniel. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
59 years wed, 6 days apart-together again.

Thank you for the update Gwen=although with such sad news.

I hope that you and Peter will achieve some well deserved peace in your lives now. The vigils may be over but at such a cost to you both. Your energy levels must be at zero.

Mourn, remember the good times and hold on to the fact that you were always a super daughter to your Mum and your in-laws.

I hope we 'see' you here again when you are ready; I always appreciated your honesty and your willingness to fight the fight.

Much love to you my dear friend.

Lyn T XX

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
So sorry to read about the way it ended. They are together now which is lovely.

It's sad and feels odd but I think we grieve every day when they get their diagnosis.

I felt like I had no tears left to shed.
Sorry I should've said my mum passed away 6 weeks ago.

I'm much happier now thinking of mum with dad and her parents and siblings rather than being on her own in the nursing home.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
I am so sorry for your loss, but glad your journey with dementia is over, you have had more than your fair share of it this last few years. I echo everyone else's comments on here, nice to hear from you and miss your quotes etc. xx

Ange

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Thank you all for your kind replies... (you too, Sleepless x). XXX

Christmas has been the strangest time, (apart from the never-ending worry of Daniel), there has been no external pressure.

An unusual feeling.

Surreal to have had two dyings, deaths and funerals to agonise, nurse, weep, organise and feel relief from, in such a short space of time.

Peter and I have had to try to disentangle the one from the other in an attempt to honour each individual.

That was extraordinarily challenging, bitter sweet but ultimately Peter felt he'd discovered them (familiarity breeds contempt?) and so it was with great joy we've discovered 'hidden' photos of M+H in Ronnie Scott's in the early 60's and fancy dress dinner dances :eek:)

59 years together but the disentangling has highlighted both Margaret and Harry as people, we're both happy about that.

Strange that *these three*...my Mam, Margaret and Harry...are not here.

I miss them but I'd rather have me lungs pulled through me nostrils than have them back as it was...for their endings.

But I miss them.
Always will.

As I said...strange.

Stranger still that Peter and I have inherited a 3 bedroom bungalow with a garden as big as our Town Park and a massive amount of money.

Margaret said to me, during one of the traumatic events of this year "Gwen, when this is all over you'll have a wonderful surprise".

Shock would be nearer the mark, Margaret!

So next year means moving on...giving up my council house tennacy...how very strange!?!

We've also inherited enough toothbrushes, writing pads, fur coats (!) dish clothes and pale cream sherry etc. to last a lifetime.

Marching forward into the New Year.

Best Wishes to all of you for a peaceful 2017 and courage to all who still battle.

Ow feed her sane ::D XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I may be back Mike, but at the moment the memories are too raw and there has been too much stolen by dementia and fraility.

After so much time of chasing scary shadows I feel an overwhelming need to open the curtains and let in the sunlight.
I'm sure you, who rage with such admirable passion, against the dying of the light, will approve... best wishes my friend and a gentle kiss to Mrs. Gringo.

"Shut hold dark wait hence bee four got,

hand never braw tomb hind,

shut hold dark wait hence bee four got,

Hand daze offal angst iron." ;)

Happy New Year. X

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Enjoy it all - the bungalow, the garden and the money. Bless you for ending with the weird language a few of you tper's got into last year, did not understand it then and still don't????????

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
ow feed her sane = auf weidersehen

shut hold dark wait hence bee four got... = Should old acquaintance be forgot ...

Sorry Tin :eek: xxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Auld Lang Syne to you too Gwen!

So sorry to hear of your sad losses, the end of an era.

Hoping life is much kinder to you now and you enjoy your life together as a family xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
The last 3 Christmases have been '1st without:2014-my sister,2015-my mum,2016-my dad.I feel like the grim reaper.And now my MIL is ill with AD.But my 1st grandchild was born in June and my 2nd will be born on Friday.The circle of life.I went away for Christmas because I couldn't bear to be here,I'm glad I went but I won't do it again,I missed my annoying family too much!Gwen,enjoy the good fortune which has come your way,you deserve it.Do pop in when you feel able and let us know how you are.Wishing you and yours a happy 2017.