Fed up with app

Deleted and re downloaded 2 times today

Going to use safari instead

Hope safari works on my phone [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Also fed up with the new update as everything is so complicated now :( sorry for the moan but it was fine as it was . God knows how our friends with dementia find this . Makes it so much more difficult for them .

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Serena S. When logging on to the above link a message shows " beware, this could be a phishing website". Am going to give up trying to access Talking Point for a while. Too much hassle

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Still getting Invalid Redirect URL and it looks like I am not logged in till I go to Today's Posts.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Serena S. When logging on to the above link a message shows " beware, this could be a phishing website". Am going to give up trying to access Talking Point for a while. Too much hassle

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Diane, don't abandon TP! Just use Safari/Google to get to the main TP site, even if just until the app is sorted. The link remains at the top of my iPad all the time.
It is what I was used on my computer to before we had the app and I still find it easier to use.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I mostly use Safari on my phone and iPad to access TP. I like the app for a quick check to see what's there but I prefer the main site for replying and posting.

My main problem with the app just now is that the icon is showing a little '1' beside it. I presumed that meant an unread post or a message. I've tried everything and can't get rid of it!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I mostly use Safari on my phone and iPad to access TP. I like the app for a quick check to see what's there but I prefer the main site for replying and posting.

My main problem with the app just now is that the icon is showing a little '1' beside it. I presumed that meant an unread post or a message. I've tried everything and can't get rid of it!

I was having that recently too Izzy, sometimes a many as 6 but once I went in and clicked on any post, it disappeared. I have now deleted the app and will think about reloading it once the problems are fixed though very rarely used it as I find the main site easier.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've now got a 4! I went in and looked at unread tab and marked them read. They disappeared from that area but the 4 is still there!

Edit - I've clicked on posts but the 4 is still there.

Last edited:

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that technical problems are persisting for some of you. :( We are using a third party product for our app and that isn't without its problems.

I've amended some settings and hope that this will address the 'invalid redirect URL' message, but please do let me know if it's still appearing.

Please do continue to log issues with the app, as I'll be taking this feedback into consideration.

Thanks,

Serena

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I'm on android and was getting random large avatars & posts. In settings I un-clicked every option and it now works fine.

Screenshot_2016-12-13-05-32-51.png

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I was getting the same PeteR

That's why I deleted app

New company doing the upgrade? Are they dementia friendly? Are they showing off their skills?

My opinion : im sure it's a great app for the younger generation not under huge stress, but for me??? No dementia that I know of, not younger generation, it's not for me

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
Can't post replies/access members area

Help! Since the new 'interface' I am shown as signed in but can't reply to messages or access the members' area. This is on my iPhone; not sure when I'm on my computer....

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Invalid redirect URL

Current state for me.

If logged out of TP for some time and then log on I get transient invalid redirect URL and then the main forum screen on forum...., I have log on or register showing, I am not listed at bottom of screen, I can see the members' area.

When I click on anything it changes to https://forum... and everthing is normal except that it defaults to Alz 2015 style instead of TP.

If I log out and then log in again fairly soon everything works correctly except for the Alz 2015 style.

I think the time interval before log on misbehaves is the same interval that it takes the online status to change if you stay logged on and close the browser.

In all cases 'remember me' is set but on returning I end up at forum... not https://forum...

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Just to say: those random large pictures can be removed just by unselecting Show Photo Preview under the settings option. They really spooked me at first, but it's fine now.

Everyone who is getting those random number that you can't clear: are you all on the apple app? I'm on android and do not see them.