I talk to my mother.

twinklestar

Sep 14, 2014
My mother passed away just over six months ago. Particularly when I am at home on my own I talk to her. Does anyone else do the same?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My husband died 3 months ago. I have conversations with his photograph!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Hello twinklestar, my Mum died almost 8 years ago and I still tell her things! Why wouldn't we?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
My husband died 3 months ago. I have conversations with his photograph!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy, I'm another one who talks to her Husband's photo. Pete's ashes are by the side of my bed and I often reach out to them in the middle of the night.

XXX

CynthsDaugh

May 5, 2015
Salford, Lancashire
My Grandad died 30 years ago and I still talk to him sometimes, and my Step-Father who died 10 years ago. More so recently and generally about Mum, particularly when I have a concern about her. I find it comforting to talk to the people who I know cared the most about her, even if they're not going to reply!

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
I talk to all my Family who have passed, why shouldn't we they are still around us all the time, we just can not see them. You keep talking xxxx

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
Oh yes..My mother died 3yrs ago and my brother one year ago...I talk to their photos on my mantlepiece and when the moon is out and I'm in the garden with the dog I look up and say hello etc....

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh yes..My mother died 3yrs ago and my brother one year ago...I talk to their photos on my mantlepiece and when the moon is out and I'm in the garden with the dog I look up and say hello etc....

I do that with the moon and the stars too. :)

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Not the same I know and understand but I talk to my horse who I lost 4 years ago. She was my soul mate and I chat to her photo or just to sky or the stars . It helps me with the rollercoaster Im going through with mum and I know I will talk to my mum when that day comes. xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I’m another whose husband recently died - just over four months ago - and I also talk to his photo. Or directly to him.

I also often talk to my Dad who died 26 years ago in Australia 8 months after I last saw him there, his ashes are scattered on the hills above my house and he feels close. We wrote frequent letters to each other and it feels natural to still talk to him. As it does to talk to Henry, my husband. Each was part of my life for many years.

Loo x

Homemadejam

Jul 3, 2016
Keep talking

I talk to my beautiful mother too, she died 4 weeks ago and it is so so raw. Her favourite songs pop into my head all the time, I know it's her speaking to me. Thinking of you and everyone else who is lost in grief.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello Homemadejam
welcome to TP
so sorry to read of your mother's death - my condolences
my mum died just over 10 years ago and I still witter away to her; she was always the one who listened and held her peace
best wishes

Homemadejam

Jul 3, 2016
hello Homemadejam
welcome to TP
so sorry to read of your mother's death - my condolences
my mum died just over 10 years ago and I still witter away to her; she was always the one who listened and held her peace
best wishes

Thank you, I have had so much comfort and advice from this forum, but just couldn't write about my mother, she had vascular and Alzheimer's. It all happened so quickly in one year. My beautiful mum -am remembering her before - the kind wonderful woman she was. Feel broken. Xx

virg

Jan 13, 2010
cheshire
I talk to mine too

I talk to my Mum as well. It gives me comfort.

My Mum collected owls and every time I see an owl, I think she's communicating with me. Maybe it's stupid but again, it gives me comfort. On the first birthday after she'd died, I remember saying out loud, 'if you're thinking of me today Mum, I'll see an owl'. Opened up the newspaper over breakfast and the picture on the first inner page was of an owl. Coincidence I'm sure but it was a lovely thing to happen.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Yes, i give Dad's a photo a kiss, then moan telling him I can't get the smudges off the glass haha!

Virg, nice story about the owls, you'll never know if a coincidence or not.

Sent from my E2303 using Talking Point mobile app

MrsTerryN

Dec 17, 2012
Dad died may 2014. If i am in the car alone i often talk to dad. Now it will be to both of them

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk