Love my mum :)

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello every :)
I care for my mum who has Dementia, Lewy bodies and Parkinson. She is only 57 years old and is at the early stages. I'm 25 years old and live at home with my mum. Even though I'm from a big family I do feel sometimes that's it is just me. I do find it hard at times especially when my mum don't know who I am or when she wants her mum who is dead. We get some support from Alzhimers which helps. Iv recently been to see my Dr about how I'm feeling and they said I need to see counsellor about dealing with my feelings.
This year I am doing the memory walk in honor of my mum.
This illness is hard for everyone who carers after someone or has Dementia.
I join TP to find people who are just like me. Knowing there are people going through the same thing and can give advice

Look forward to you messages back :) x.

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
L/w/b/d

hello every :)
i care for my mum who has dementia, lewy bodies and parkinson. She is only 57 years old and is at the early stages. I'm 25 years old and live at home with my mum. Even though i'm from a big family i do feel sometimes that's it is just me. I do find it hard at times especially when my mum don't know who i am or when she wants her mum who is dead. We get some support from alzhimers which helps. Iv recently been to see my dr about how i'm feeling and they said i need to see counsellor about dealing with my feelings.
This year i am doing the memory walk in honor of my mum.
This illness is hard for everyone who carers after someone or has dementia.
I join tp to find people who are just like me. Knowing there are people going through the same thing and can give advice

look forward to you messages back :) x.
hi im bill.im dislix so bare with me. My wife who has pass away in march this year.had lewy body. Sorry but it will be hard for you. Is you dad around has he will need to help belive me .also you can apply for (pip) this will help you with money.(do apply with lewy body you will be intetelted) this is going to be a very hard road you on you (will need you sister brohter.)my wife was only 58 has well .be strong her a whlsh cwtch.

Jo Sutton

Jul 8, 2016
Surrey
Hi Sky and welcome to the forum

I'm so sorry that you and your Mum are both so young to be coping with this, and with multiple diseases as well. That's hard!

But I *love the title of your thread, and it's a good reminder for all of us. That however hard it gets, and however challenging the behaviour of the person we are caring for, we still love them. Thank you for reminding us!

Hugs and respect

Jo

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Bill, Jo Sutton and Carmar thank you so much for the reply. It means alot. Its nice to know I'm not alone. My mum is having a okay day today but she's not 100%. I think the worst time is when my mum is sun downing. My mum keeps saying she doesn't want me to ruin my life looking after her. But I reply that she's looked after me all my life and I love her. Hope you all are having a good day. :) x.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hello Skye. My heart goes out to you , you are so young to be dealing with this . Also your poor mum . You need to get as much help and care in place for the time ahead . I care for my mum so I know how difficult and lonely it can be . I come from a large family but unfortunately most of the time they are 'invisible ' but have improved more this year . Have you got a social worker appointed to you? If not , then that's the first step . You should also have a carers assessment for yourself . Social services will advise you . I applied and was granted a direct payment which allows me to employ a personal assistant for my mum . If you want any further information just let me know and I will PM you . Please take care of yourself Skye , your mum is so lucky to have such a caring daughter . Best wishes to you and your mum . Lou

sford91

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Sky:)

I am 25 and my sister is 23 and our mam has frontal lobe dementia she got diagnosed last year and whilst there has been a marked change and deterioration in her dementia she is the happiest most smiley person you could meet. We now have carers going in twice a day to support her to get changed/ with meals and they all comment on how happy she seem.

I go travelling in October for 6 months and can't help but feel guilty and that I am burdening my sister with my mum but this is something I have been planning for such a long time with my boyfriend and we have already postponed this once already. I am going to miss her so much and I am dreading her deterioration when I come back but I know this is what I have to do for myself as awful as that sounds.

If you ever want to chat I am here:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan