I just need to vent

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
How you doing Evie?
Hi Red, Dad was having a good day yesterday, even ate a little puréed lamb. The roller coaster continues but at least this time we are on the upward sweep, just hope it can continue for a while.
Hospital is talking about sending him out to a palliative nursing home soon so frantic phone calls abound.
Took some time out last night and went to watch Finding Dory and am trying to follow her mantra of "just keep swimming " today. :)

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Hi Red, Dad was having a good day yesterday, even ate a little puréed lamb. The roller coaster continues but at least this time we are on the upward sweep, just hope it can continue for a while.
Hospital is talking about sending him out to a palliative nursing home soon so frantic phone calls abound.
Took some time out last night and went to watch Finding Dory and am trying to follow her mantra of "just keep swimming " today. :)

Great to hear about your Dad eating. Good luck with finding NH. Swimming and trying to keep head above water. Bob.

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
Hi Evie how are you getting on. Red x
Hiya Red, thanks for asking, especially with everything you are going through atm with your own dad.

Dad has rallied and was transferred to a nursing home on Saturday for palliative and end of life care. Today they hoisted him into his wheelchair and when my sister arrived he was distraught and crying out to be put back to bed. I do hope he settles, gutted at the thought of him being so upset.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Hiya Red, thanks for asking, especially with everything you are going through atm with your own dad.

Dad has rallied and was transferred to a nursing home on Saturday for palliative and end of life care. Today they hoisted him into his wheelchair and when my sister arrived he was distraught and crying out to be put back to bed. I do hope he settles, gutted at the thought of him being so upset.

Oh dear, I wonder perhaps if he was in pain. Can you Dad shift position at all by himself? Mine cant and when he is moved to be changed his face looks like he is in a lot of pain. Must be awful being stuck in a bed and not moving round, muscles would cease up and obviously atrophy, joints become stiff. Perhaps it was something similar? Good to hear that he now has somewhere to live! The staff will get used to him and be able to read him soon enough, at least your sister was there to make sure he was back in bed and comfortable. He will get used to the staff too, my Dad knows the staff more than us. Amazing the way they rally, emotional rollercoaster for sure!! X

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
Oh dear, I wonder perhaps if he was in pain. Can you Dad shift position at all by himself? Mine cant and when he is moved to be changed his face looks like he is in a lot of pain. Must be awful being stuck in a bed and not moving round, muscles would cease up and obviously atrophy, joints become stiff. Perhaps it was something similar? Good to hear that he now has somewhere to live! The staff will get used to him and be able to read him soon enough, at least your sister was there to make sure he was back in bed and comfortable. He will get used to the staff too, my Dad knows the staff more than us. Amazing the way they rally, emotional rollercoaster for sure!! X

You make a very good point, I hadn't thought of any of that. Dad can move his arms but has no strength to do more than that, he has to be manually moved all of the time. That said the staff said he managed to feed himself a little today. If accurate that is a massive improvement, he hasn't done that for three weeks plus when he went in to a rapid decline.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
You make a very good point, I hadn't thought of any of that. Dad can move his arms but has no strength to do more than that, he has to be manually moved all of the time. That said the staff said he managed to feed himself a little today. If accurate that is a massive improvement, he hasn't done that for three weeks plus when he went in to a rapid decline.

Wow that's just crazy that he was able to feed himself, it's so hard to understand this illness. Just chops and changes. So so hard to witness x

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
Wow that's just crazy that he was able to feed himself, it's so hard to understand this illness. Just chops and changes. So so hard to witness x

Leaves you doubting yourself over everything you see and hear. Strips you of your confidence to know what is right and what is perception brought on by pain and anguish at watching your loved one suffer

Last edited: