We got well and truly plastered today

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hi All
The lounge and the bedroom were plastered, the wall's, Not Ron and I.
On saying that, I think I will have a drink. I need one.
Ron stayed with Mum, and my brother and sister in law. They are staying at Mum's untill they can get permission to move the dog and parrot to Malta. Red Tape.

I cleaned and cleaned. What is the point ? - he is coming back to-morrow to finish off. Finish me off more like.
I cannot understand, again, Ron was semi awake all day, does not do that at home - (I must be so boreing). Or was it the change of scenery or people ? or making the effort to stay awake. I do not understand this Bloody disease.

Brought Ron home from Mum's.

Turned the tele on - no signal
The plasterer had removed the socket from the wall to plaster.
Well, when I told Ron, no TV, did not go down well.

So I got out my screwdriver and looked at the ariel, it looked like a plug socket I fiddled, well we have BBC1 and BBC2 now, and Ron is happy, asleep in front of it. Must have missed my calling, TV engineer ?
Also tonight, been onto DEFRA, ref Parrot. Ring back Monday.
Nothing changes, be it Parrot or Human. So much bloody red tape.
Barb X;)

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hi All
The lounge and the bedroom were plastered, the wall's, Not Ron and I.
On saying that, I think I will have a drink. I need one.
Ron stayed with Mum, and my brother and sister in law. They are staying at Mum's untill they can get permission to move the dog and parrot to Malta. Red Tape.

I cleaned and cleaned. What is the point ? - he is coming back to-morrow to finish off. Finish me off more like.
I cannot understand, again, Ron was semi awake all day, does not do that at home - (I must be so boreing). Or was it the change of scenery or people ? or making the effort to stay awake. I do not understand this Bloody disease.

Brought Ron home from Mum's.

Turned the tele on - no signal
The plasterer had removed the socket from the wall to plaster.
Well, when I told Ron, no TV, did not go down well.

So I got out my screwdriver and looked at the ariel, it looked like a plug socket I fiddled, well we have BBC1 and BBC2 now, and Ron is happy, asleep in front of it. Must have missed my calling, TV engineer ?
Also tonight, been onto DEFRA, ref Parrot. Ring back Monday.
Nothing changes, be it Parrot or Human. So much bloody red tape.
Barb X;)

NO, I CANNOT SPELL X;)

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Barb
Hope the Parrott and Dog didn't get plastered as well. Would it have been against regulations? No woman is complete without a screwdriver in her hand bag! Not TV engineer Barb - just genius at work!
take care
hendy

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
If you don't have a screwdriver, a butter knife will work too. Chewing gum is also very good for holding things together. I kid you not - my best friend once repaired her TV remote control with gum. She's a strange & unusual woman which is why I love her so much.:D Not to mention she has a wicked sense of humour.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hi All

Mum think's WD40 work's for anything, spray, spray,spray.
Remote control does not work, WD40, light switch, WD40. Ladder in tight's - WD40 - I Joke:D
Left with mess, mess, mess.

BUT, it look's great.:)

Tomorrow, Clean, clean, clean.:eek:
As I say, Oh well, tomorrow is another day.:):):)
Barb X

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Mum think's WD40 work's for anything, spray, spray,spray.
Remote control does not work, WD40, light switch, WD40. Ladder in tight's - WD40 - I Joke:D
Left with mess, mess, mess.

BUT, it look's great.:)

Tomorrow, Clean, clean, clean.:eek:
As I say, Oh well, tomorrow is another day.:):):)
Barb X

Parrot and Dog are fine. Us, we are getting there.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa