Cupcake Day

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London

Hi everyone,

On 16 June it's Cupcake Day!

Instagram_1080x1080_10E_withPerson.jpg

Alzheimer's Society is asking everyone to throw a cupcake celebration – it doesn't matter if they bake, buy or have someone bake for them, as long as there's cupcakes involved!

Alzheimer's Society's Cupcake Day is a nationwide fundraising event held in association with woman&home to help raise the funds we need to defeat dementia.

How to get involved

To find out more and request a Cupcake Kit ...

>Visit our website at cupcakeday.org.uk<

The cakes can be any style you like ... I made some Star Wars cakes for a family event recently - the one that looks like Noel Edmonds is supposed to be Ewan McGregor! :eek:

the force.jpg

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
June 16th falls right between our wedding anniversary (our 22nd, and the first since William's death) and William's birthday on June 18th. I wanted to decorate some cupcakes that reflected how, when grieving, some days we are ok, and doing fairly well, and some days the grief and sadness is to the fore. So, I put happy, hopeful, smiling faces on the cheerful yellow cupcakes, and planned to put sad faces on the blue cakes.
However, after doing one sad face, I found I just couldn't bear to give the other blue cakes sad faces! So here they are, - smiling hopefully through their sadness.
Or, at least, they were - before I ate them!! :D

Attachments

• 1462809075867.jpg
    1462809075867.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,728

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
I'm really touched by your post, LadyA.

When we are living with loss following the death of a loved one, it can be a bittersweet experience as we learn to live in a different way. It is good to see that you captured smiles on the blue cupcakes, as I hope there are happy memories that are bringing you comfort during this time. :)

I hope they tasted as good as they look!

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
June 16th falls right between our wedding anniversary (our 22nd, and the first since William's death) and William's birthday on June 18th. I wanted to decorate some cupcakes that reflected how, when grieving, some days we are ok, and doing fairly well, and some days the grief and sadness is to the fore. So, I put happy, hopeful, smiling faces on the cheerful yellow cupcakes, and planned to put sad faces on the blue cakes.
However, after doing one sad face, I found I just couldn't bear to give the other blue cakes sad faces! So here they are, - smiling hopefully through their sadness.

well done Lady A very moving hope you didn't eat them all in one sitting!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi Sarah,

I've checked on the website and it says:

"16 June 2016 is the official Cupcake Day and we'd love as many people as possible to join in on that date. But if you can't, fear not, you can pick another day. We won't mind a bit."

Let there be cake!

Serena :)

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Here's some I made earlier ...

c.jpg

Pop Art cupcakes with lemon sponge and buttercream and popping candy on the top. I was relieved that these went well (thinking back to the Noel Edmonds Star Wars cupcakes above ... :eek:).

Whether you're baking, eating, or admiring from afar, hopefully Cupcake Day will help to raise awareness of dementia and raise funds for research, support and information. :)

Blizzard

May 5, 2017

That's so nice. Therapy through cake :)