Nursing homes

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Any more news Aisling?

Yes Lady L. T is getting another weeks respite. I phoned this morning and Manager suggested another week. I got help from the person in charge of nursing home forms. She talked me through forms on fone and was really helpful. Everything is filled in now and posted this evening. You know all this stuff yourself. Was headless all day lookin for stuff everywhere. Hopefully I have all the info they need. Got it into 8 pm post collection and then went to see T. None of his family know the situation and maybe I am wicked but they would now have loads of opinions. They never visit except SIL. She knew he was in respite last week and phoned NH today to ask if he was still there. So I believe herself and hubby went to see him. Eek.....eek...eek.

A big smile when he saw me. He looks so well, relaxed and happy TG. Am not long home. Having the cup of tea.

It is a sea of emotions as you know well. Very lonely house in middle of country without him. I don't have to explain to you as you totally understand. I was so pleased to get your post when I came home. Thank you so much for thinking about me tonight.

When are you getting chicks again? Our scooter was microchipped last week. So totally legal now!

While I was out this evening our friend obviously called in and set the fire for me. I thought that was so kind. My sister and himself keep an eye out for me when T is in respite. When I go into hiding mood and appear to be missing ( another story ) for a few days, they connect with each other to track me !! Maybe I should get microchipped!!

Aisling xxxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Fingers crossed that the respite will continue. How is the nursing home managing to keep T in respite so long?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Am in my cave waiting for a knight in shining armour on a white horse who will take me to sunshine and sea!?

Aishling

The sun is shining down here, Aisling, and I'm very near the sea.
If you can ignore the cold wind and occasional heavy hail shower, you could pretend to be somewhere exotic!

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
The sun is shining down here, Aisling, and I'm very near the sea.
If you can ignore the cold wind and occasional heavy hail shower, you could pretend to be somewhere exotic!

Thank you. You are so good to me. Am finding everything so difficult at the moment. We have a social Worker visit tomorrow and a speech and language therapist on Friday morning. She wants to get T to use pictures to communicate!! Sure He is well able to communicate his needs. Lord help me with all this red tape. Am totally fed up with it. Am really hoping that T will tell her what to do with the pictures!!

Lots of love,

Aisling

Aisling

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
:D :D
William, for quite a long time before his speech went, would simply tell people "You have to talk to my wife." - and refuse to discuss anything or try and answer any questions!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ah well, if you are posting on different subjects, then it makes sense to have different threads. Some come to a natural end, and you start the next subject in a new thread.
I'm assuming that things are still "in progress " as far as your application is concerned?

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I've been watching your thread awhile now, Aisling. I wonder how it's going today for you. Just dropped by to say I'm thinking of you.

Hi again,

Thank you. My " last nerve is standing up" now. Clinging on for dear life!! Trying to see the positive. " and pigs will fly" a friend gave me a funny book today and I have been smiling all evening.

Take care,

Aisling